Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Trendane
Recruit

Re: Episode 12: 'Knight to King's Rook' Spoilers

Post by Trendane » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 am

Gods teeth....this is torture. I think my idea for the script would address a goodly portion of these issues.
--
Trendane
Looking at the future...in retrospect.

MJknight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by MJknight » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:00 pm

Here's what I think:

Yes, it does sound bizarre to store KARR's CPU in a modern car with advanced capabilities compared to his own, but there's also the issue of whether or not he can be re-activated. When last seen; he was shattered to pieces with only his CPU still beeping.

Someone mentioned that he'd come back in his T-top body. I don't think so somehow. True, his appearance had been altered in KITT vs KARR, but as far as he would be concerned he would rather have something where he was not compared to his successor or his 'inferior production line copy' as he would unflatteringly call KI2T in the original series.

He might opt to be put into Ki3t's body, but then why would he want to be into a body that was a next generation KITT?

I would love to see KITT Vs KARR III: The final showdown. And like everyone else I want to see the KITT return; sure KITT-classic maybe an oudated model compared to KI3T, but you cannot beat a classic, and yes I realise I will sound like a fan-boy for saying, but KITT will always be a Trans Am to me.

I would love it if the 2 cars showed off their moves to each other.

KI2T: I am sleek, aerodynamic and have a better dash.
KI3T: Yes, but can you do this? *transforms to attack mode*
KI2T: ...showoff.
KI3T: I look good.
KI2T: There's nothing worse than a smart-ass automobile!
One Man Can Make A Difference - Wilton Knight

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:06 pm

I've got a weird feeling that they're going to try to pull off the entire episode without Michael Knight or Kitt making an appearence just a brief mention of how they took down karr in the 80's,

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:57 pm

I feel like a whore doing this but oh well.. Something I wrote over eight months ago regarding KARR, Garthe and tying it into the new series, before there was even a new series.

viewtopic.php?f=1046&t=10841" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally, I'd still rather have KARR be inferior overall, just like KARR was compared to KITT by season three only that now the gap would be much wider with the new KITT. Unfortunately though, they really haven't given the new KITT any real chance to shine in a way that show's he's all that superior to his predecessor aside from sub mode and taking a couple hits from missiles which isn't exactly saying much. I really hope they don't go the route of implanting KARR's old, borderline ancient CPU into the new car, which should be much more complex and thus the new KITT's CPU should be much more powerful, somewhere on a similar scale to how far processors have advanced in the last 25+ years. Hell, KARR is to the Atari 2600/MOS 6507(which ran at a "blazing" 1.19 MHz) what KITT should be to the PS3/Cell when it comes to CPUs. Maybe it'd be a bit more fair to use the NES though it didn't come to the US until 1985 even though it had been out in Japan as the Famicom since mid-1983.

Either way, the new KITT should be enormously superior when it comes to processing power, which would be needed for everything the new car does. Then again, with the new KITT's CPU being removed, hopefully that means the guy is going to copy it somewhat and somehow KARR is going to be moved over to it. Might just need to be one of those things where one doesn't think about the logic behind it.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:06 pm

Programming, going right down to the nuts and bolts of it, is all 1's and zeros. So, given that logic, KARR could be downloaded into the computer that houses KITT. It could be like a virus that slowly takes over, or just, BAM, it's done, download complete, let's go destroy something.

After all, my newest PC can run old programs from the early nineties. A computer genius that created KITT would know if KARR could be in newer technology that KITT has, and is. The premise does hold, as anything's really possible. Especially if the bad guys have lots of money.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:35 pm

OK to clear some thoughts and people who still don't understand:

- KI3T & KI2T are separate vehicles, GST stated it and that is why they are trying to bring DH & KI2T back with WD's voice.

- In the description is clearly states "KITT is stolen so his dangerous robotic counterpart, KARR, can be re-activated" and read this carefully! "removes KITT's chip and steals KITT for his own, nefarious purposes" This states that he will use KI3T's body for KARR's chip or maybe even KI2T's body. So there is no Trans Am that belonged to KARR, it is gone!

- Also one more thing, I believe this guy Jack Hurst definitely knows of FLAG and KARR and the old days because if you read it states "knew Sarah's father and oversaw funding for Knight Industries". So I am sure he has seen Knight Industries emerging for a long time and finally took action! This should be a good episode with plenty of mythology!

Joe

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:03 pm

knight-armen wrote:

Having that said, Karr will be built from scratch, right? Now, unless they have other ideas I think we can say for sure that Karr will be based on a Shelby GT500 just like Ki3t but with a yellow scanner, right?

KARR is not the prototype for the K3000. Remember this is a continuation of the original KR timeline, abit a bit askewed....

I did think after i posted my take on it, that once KARR is installed/uploaded...he could use the transforming thing to have a different paintjob...maybe even morph into something a bit older...?

someone else wrote about rebuilding K3000 in episode 13. I don't think that'll happen...just my 2 cents

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:17 pm

I am very excited at the possibility of Karr returning.

He wasn't melted down, or demolished. Just severely damaged. If his CPU was in tact, then Karr's still alive.

As for the voice. I don't mind if they revoice him, as long as he sounds similar. If any of you have seen Doctor Who, Davros has been recast several times, and the latest guy they got to do the voice was so sinister, he sounded just like the original.

I agree that it would be a shame if this plot does not in someway involve the original Michael and Kitt. For Karr is going to want revenge against them, and not Michael Jnr.

I'm suspecting by the cast list tho, Karr is being used by a 3rd party for their own ill gotten gains. But we know what Karr is like striking deals :lol:

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 pm

Joe Huth wrote:Just found this on SpoilerTV:

Knight Rider - Episode 1.12 - Knight to King's Pawn - Casting Call and Plotline

STORY LINE
KITT is stolen so his dangerous robotic counterpart, KARR, can be re-activated...

[JACK HURST]
In his 40s, contemptuous, corrupt, and determined, he's a badass NSA Commander who knew Sarah's father and oversaw funding for Knight Industries. He sweeps in with his task force, shuts down the SSC, removes KITT's chip and steals KITT for his own, nefarious purposes...GUEST STAR. SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

[WENDELL HOLMES]
This large African American man in his 30s to 40s is an old buddy of Michael's and a weapons expert. He runs a military weapons surplus warehouse and outfits Michael with a plethora of non-lethal weapons to use against soldiers...GUEST STAR (41)

[CODY SANDSTROM]
11 years old, from a Minneapolis suburb, he's a video game fan who dislikes fantasy games and prefers sports. When Billy stops by, posing as a reporter and immersing himself in a game, Cody is excited by the free software at first, but then tells Billy to get a life...8 lines, 2 scenes (29) CO-STAR. SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

[GUY]
This big, "stupidly handsome" and confident guy hits on Sarah at a night club, and turns aggressive when she shuts him down...5 lines, 1 scene sptv050769 (3) CO-STAR. SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/10/k ... ht-to.html
What's missing from this "casting call...."?????

the voice for KARR!

which only means one thing, they are not having an 'open audition' for the role....

which suggests to me, they already have someone in mind

I hope they don't go down the 'evil Kilmer' road, I hope they have asked Peter Cullen to be involved

ShadowKnight006
Recruit

Post by ShadowKnight006 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:59 pm

Ok first off, KARR in the 3000 body.............. I don't know that I would want KI3T back :twisted: :good:

Someone asked about how would anyone know about KARR, how would he have survived all this time or who would have taken care of him?

1. Charles probably built him too, since he built KI2T and if this new bad guy was there at KI back then he would know too.

2. Charles may have felt bad for KARR and taken care of him, and possibly KI2T, all of these years.

3. If Charles didn't take care of him how would he survive? Put a laptop into Hibernate or Sleep mode and see how long the battery lasts. Now apply that principle to a highly advanced piece of tech, lightyears beyond its time.

4. How would KARR be able to function in the 3000 series architecture? Someone hit it on the head, the AIs are programs. Just look at virtualization that takes place everyday on PCs and servers everywhere.

I can't wait.

:karr: :kitt:
Looking for TKR!

KARR's Fury
Recruit

Post by KARR's Fury » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:25 am

I hope it's not just evil KI3T and hope not just KARR CPU in new body. At least build KARR up. Use tech from KI3T maybe. If I had one wish, it is to see KARR not destroyed and have a reoccuring "bad" guy from time to time. They should have done at least one 2hr episode in the 80's.
:karr: I shall return and if you thought I was mean before... :karr:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:08 am

pheonix_knight wrote:I hope they don't go down the 'evil Kilmer' road, I hope they have asked Peter Cullen to be involved
I hear ya there! As much as I am *loving!* the fact that KARR is making a comeback, the fact that Kilmer could be "evil KITT", is just wrong to me. THough I think Kilmer does a great bad guy! :P

KARR better be a Badass, and have the diff colored LED & SFX. I am a newbie to KR82 but somethings just *can't* be toyed with!
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

CarProMods
Volunteer

Post by CarProMods » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:07 pm

hmm I had an interesting thought, :kittside: Maybe its not the KI3T maybe its the KI2T that gets stolen and they are trying to activate Karr's CPU Inside KI2T and that would set up a plot for Michael Knight SR to come back to save hils buddy
PRO

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Here is the deal! Karr is going to return in a Mustang body just like Ki2t is now replaced with Ki3t.

Remember when Ki2t said: "Michael, that car! It couldn't have been my twin? It was exactly like me!"

If Karr is going to return as a Trans Am that analogy will mean absolutely nothing.

The whole thing with bringing an evil car to the show is to have it look exactly like Ki3t but with a slight distinction. If not, they might as well bring an 18-wheeler like Goliath to challenge Ki3t instead...
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kram061-1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:12 pm

Here's the thing.....Isn't part of the excitement of KARR returning going to be that he "fights" KITT?? If they puts KARR's 1978 CPU into K3000, this cannot happen, so won't that really take away from the episode????

n1elkyfan
Recruit

Post by n1elkyfan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:37 pm

What about putting KARR in Goliath Then you would have a true unstoppable killing machine.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:47 pm

Given what we know about the casting call, the majority of the evidence is clear. Come back the forum once the episode is shown, and we can either say "told ya!" or "wow! the writers came up with something not predictable, and it allows KARR to become a returning bad a$$!"

:kitt: VS :karr: :good:

LeslieGruffod
Rookie

Post by LeslieGruffod » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Has William Daniels ever expressed an interest in returning, because I've never read it.

If not, you can't have the original Kitt without him. It just would never work.

So maybe he declined an appearance, and the story they were forced to come up with was:
Karr takes over the Knight 3000 body. Kilmer Kitt, has to be installed into the Knight 2000 body temporarily. And Michael Knight is sought due to his experience fighting Karr.

Just a thought. Ideal scenario tho, is this is part 1 of a two parter, and in episode 13 the original Michael and Kitt have to team up with Mike Jne and face off Karr in the Knight 3000.

It's probably neither scenario... But from the character synopsis, the Knight Foundation seems severely screwed over by hostiles, and sound like they need help....

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:09 pm

LeslieGruffod wrote:Has William Daniels ever expressed an interest in returning, because I've never read it.

If not, you can't have the original Kitt without him. It just would never work.

So maybe he declined an appearance, and the story they were forced to come up with was:
Karr takes over the Knight 3000 body. Kilmer Kitt, has to be installed into the Knight 2000 body temporarily. And Michael Knight is sought due to his experience fighting Karr.

Just a thought. Ideal scenario tho, is this is part 1 of a two parter, and in episode 13 the original Michael and Kitt have to team up with Mike Jne and face off Karr in the Knight 3000.

It's probably neither scenario... But from the character synopsis, the Knight Foundation seems severely screwed over by hostiles, and sound like they need help....
I know everyone is hoping for Hoff in the first 13 but i'm pretty sure they havent worked things out enough to get him in or im sure they'd make a huge annoucement about it.
If anything we probably wont see the guy till they've concreted a full season, and i'm sure he'd be worked back into the show better than having KARR show up.

And im pretty sure we probably wont see KITT in the T-Top body since GM wants absoluelty nothing to do with this show....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:00 pm

A friend of mine mentioned that Corey Burton had done the voice of the Disney's Ghost Host after Paul Frees passed on. So I was wondering why not use Corey Burton's voice for the new KARR since his voice might be similar to Paul Frees' voice?

Though I'm still also all for Peter Cullen reprising the role of KARR.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:04 am

I'm pretty sure KARR will not return in the body of a TA because the TA itself was smashed to bits in KVK. Only the CPU is still "alive" so it will probably be transferred in another car of some sort.

There will also be no need for a yellow scanner because the only reason KARR had that in KVK was because of the ocean that corroded the light to a degree.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:10 am

Skav wrote:I'm pretty sure KARR will not return in the body of a TA because the TA itself was smashed to bits in KVK. Only the CPU is still "alive" so it will probably be transferred in another car of some sort.

There will also be no need for a yellow scanner because the only reason KARR had that in KVK was because of the ocean that corroded the light to a degree.
I agree with Skav: KARR's CPU was all that was left after the KITT vs KARR ep. So it would make sense to use the CPU and put it in either: a) another Mustang similar to the "Rust" ep, or b) a different car, like a Challenger, or Charger. lol Granted, that is my own wishful thinking at wrk, but hey a girl can dream! ;)
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:35 am

Yes, but how will the audience be able to tell Ki3t and Karr apart? The only way we could differentiate between the two in TOS was the scanner (and later on the silver coating).

If Karr isn't a Mustang they might as well call it something entirely different. The whole idea of bringing an evil car (such as Karr) to the show is for it to look exactly like Ki3t.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:03 am

Was it really a problem in Trust Doesn't Rust? The only real difference then was KARR's VM. Though I wouldn't mind KARR having a nice green scanner that matches the VM from the original series. Though that might just be because my favorite colors are black and green.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:47 am

Well IMO they could just paint the lower part of KI3T silver and change the voice modulator just like in TOS and have KARR. I also have a feeling that KARR will not only be a physco with all the attack mode and operational equipment and the transforming into several vehicles to help keep his identity, but they might also add some new equipment to KARR.....?

Joe