My ERTL/JoyRide 1:18 model KITT . . .

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

My ERTL/JoyRide 1:18 model KITT . . .

Post by DJGM » Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:38 am

I've acquired an ERTL/JoyRide 1:18 model KITT car ... here's some pics taken from my camerahone.
Apologies for the lo-fi quality of these photos, but it's the best my Motorola v220 can do under
artificial light. I'll see if I can get some better pics taken under natural outdoor lighting.

The KITT model in question was previously mentioned in this thread a couple of months ago.

My only nitpicks with this KITT model are ... there's only five lights in the scanner, rather
than the eight lights that the "real" KITT built into his scanner. Also, the inconsistency
with this car having a 4th season style front end, but a 1st season style dashboard.

A couple of other minor nitpicks ... the frame around the hatchback window that KITT
never had during the series, and the T-tops seem to come off too easily. It'd be nice
if these had small hinges, so they could lifted to look like the Auto Roof buttons
had been pressed on the dash, as well as the option to take them off.

Other than that, this is perhaps the most accurate KITT model I've had in my posession!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:31 am

About the T-Tops, try putting tape on the underside of them. I did this for the T-Tops of my Smokey and the Bandit 1977 Trans Am:

http://fuzziedice.com/models/trigger/index.htm

Check out Step #9: Final Assembly on that page.

KITTfan
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITTfan » Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:21 pm

This is what I did once with tape for the T-top ;)

-KITTfan-