Knight Rider Complete Series on DVD

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

andrewd
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Complete Series on DVD

Post by andrewd » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:56 pm

Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd let you know that I now have the complete series of Knight Rider on DVD ie Seasons 1-4. I ordered them from Empirical film.com
(http://www.empiricalfilm.com/products.p ... ctionID=67)

I must say I am a litle disappointed though. One of the DVD cases was broken and several of the plastic lugs holding the DVD's together are broken resulting in scratched DVD's. Also the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired on some of the episoded. I am working my way thru the whole 32 disks (several Knight Rider Marathons), and have emailed empirical stating that I will be returning ALL of the DVD cases as well as the disks that are scratched and the ones where the episodes are of a poor quality.

I also know that Televison Media are offering the whole series as well
(http://www.televisionmedia.net/store/cu ... roduct.php?
productid=16139&cat=282&page=1) although have had no feedback on this.

Just thought I'd share this with you

Andrew Devas

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:15 pm

You'd probably be better off returning it and get a full refund. Based on what you have described, the set is not brand new...somebody has already used and abused it. And those copies are probably not "DVD quality", rather just VHS versions burned to disks. Not worth the money in my opinion.

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:54 pm

Are the recordings orginal or a recording of TV screened episodes, as I have seen them on eBay, complete 4 series, but they are TV recorded, burned onto disc.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:01 pm

They Can't be the real thing.

And I think that makes it something we don't want to go into here.

I feel certain that if you just wait, all 4 season will make it to DVD.

Apart from the copyright law who wants poor quaility anyhow?

andy-kitt
FLAG Assistant

Post by andy-kitt » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:08 pm

Thats why I stayed clear of those on eBay!

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Knight Rider Complete Series on DVD

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:59 pm

andrewd wrote:Hi Guys,
Just thought I'd let you know that I now have the complete series of Knight Rider on DVD ie Seasons 1-4. I ordered them from Empirical film.com
(http://www.empiricalfilm.com/products.p ... ctionID=67)

I must say I am a litle disappointed though. One of the DVD cases was broken and several of the plastic lugs holding the DVD's together are broken resulting in scratched DVD's. Also the picture quality leaves a lot to be desired on some of the episoded. I am working my way thru the whole 32 disks (several Knight Rider Marathons), and have emailed empirical stating that I will be returning ALL of the DVD cases as well as the disks that are scratched and the ones where the episodes are of a poor quality.

I also know that Televison Media are offering the whole series as well
(http://www.televisionmedia.net/store/cu ... roduct.php?
productid=16139&cat=282&page=1) although have had no feedback on this.

Just thought I'd share this with you

Andrew Devas
Come on, dude. It should be fairly obvious that those were bootleg copies. Until the entire series is officially released by Universal, whatever "complete set" you find on eBay or anywhere else will be VHS quality burnt onto DVD-R.

The best anyone could do right now is copy the first 2 seasons from the official releases and then some of the selected episodes from the old Columbia House releases. Not only are sales like those usually rip-offs, but they're also illegal. And when you get ripped-off buying something illegal, it makes it that much harder to get your money back.
Last edited by Lost Knight on Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:32 pm

I'm content with the DVD "Knight Rider" sets I have now; I'd rather not get a poor quality series set that's total trash!:?
That's just my opinion......;)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:12 pm

Well, since I got half the series on DVD already that are officially released from Universal, I think I can wait for the other two seasons. I hear in the US, season 3 may be around the holidays this year and season 4 sometime early 2006. It'll be worth the wait. :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:15 pm

If you wait it will be cheaper too, just like 120 for all four seasons non sale pricing. I can't believe people can publically advertise like this, even with completely stealing the official DVDs look, and not be shut down by Universal Legal.

jedi9778
Volunteer

Post by jedi9778 » Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:33 pm

dude u got robbed!

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:58 am

I haven't watched ALL the episodes yet. Some are certainly O.K but yes it does look like someone has burnt them to discs from VHS and it is obvious that some of the episodes have been taped/copied from TV episodes. Certainly not DVD quality. I was also hoping for subtitles too.

Think you may be right about returning whole lot of them for a full refund which they offered to do.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:50 am

Get your money back, ASAP. Don't even think twice about it. That's the best advice (and just about everybody's advice here) that anybody can give you right now. :wink:

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:37 pm

Hmm.

I think if I were part of Universal I'd take a look at that first link here and sue the pants off Empirical Film.

Not to mention the HUGE price...far more expensive than the official, LEGAL copies.

And I like the blurb "custom art" for the cases - of COURSE it's custom, for at least seasons 3 and 4 no official art exists yet!

jbrecording
Volunteer

Post by jbrecording » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:43 pm

so when might we be able to expect seasons 3 and 4? I was thrilled to see season 2 come out, I hope it's not years before we see season 4... why can't Universal just come out with a box set of all 4 seasons? why the delay?

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:20 pm

jbrecording wrote:so when might we be able to expect seasons 3 and 4? I was thrilled to see season 2 come out, I hope it's not years before we see season 4... why can't Universal just come out with a box set of all 4 seasons? why the delay?
There was talk of Season 3 by the end of the year but I don't think that's anywhere near official.

I assume they do it season by season because they probably want to make sure they'll sell enough to be worth doing. And once they start doing it that way, it makes sense to continue so that people who bought season 1 and 2 can just keep buying the individual box sets.

Personally, I prefer to get them season by season just because it's not such a huge investment in one chunk. It takes me a while to go through them anyway. I'm not even half way through season 2 yet. :wink:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:27 pm

I agree with knightshade. Though I have been through Season two at least once and am going through it again, sometimes viewing some episodes more than one more time. :)

I think it's easier on the wallet too, to get the seasons in intervals. At least then I can save up for it to get them. And gives us something to look forward to and talk about each time one more DVD comes out. ;)

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:07 am

Thanks HondaSir for your advice. I returned the DVD's 2 days ago seeking a full refund (I hope this comes through !!) I also agree with Paul. Universal should sue Empirical's arse off.

I too would also like to know what Universal's delay is in releasing all 4 seasons and especially Season 2 Region 4 (for Australian viewers).