Please introduce yourself! :)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

winwolf07
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by winwolf07 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:30 pm

Hi all! I'm Eddie from Missouri.. I've been a fan of the show since the pilot was originally shown..
I guess I'm an old fart on the site (33) but still love the show :D
It still seems like every time I see a mid-80s TA/Firebird, I'm looking for the scanner up front :D

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:57 am

Hello. I'm 23, a grad student at Marshall U in West Virginia, currently working on my Master's in Education (I undergraded in English, though perhaps it doesn't show). I was barely old enough to see the original KR run, but I didn't really understand it very well until the reruns began on WGN, USA, and so on. My eventual goal is to build KITT, or to come as close as possible, and even now I'm somewhat secretly working on an engine suitable to provide the necessary power and efficiency for such a car. Till it's completed, I'll be watching my KR on DVD and talking to the nice folks here at the board, as I have ever since I found KRO back in '98-'99. Boy, a bit has changed since then, and for the better all except missing some of those old timers who don't come around as much these days.

DK

P.S. Fantine, I love Emily Dickenson. "I heard a fly buzz when I died--"

knightrider#1fan
Recruit

Post by knightrider#1fan » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:47 am

Hi My Name is Angie I live in Pennsylvaina i am 22. i was born in december ( so just a little over two months after the pilot of Knight rider was shown i was born). I am a Big Knight Rider fan. Don't ask me what my favorite eps. of Knight rider was because it is so hard to pick one. I have been i Knight Rider fan since i first seen it on reruns so i was probably 11 or 12. my dad got me into Knight Rider. Michael Knight ( David Hasselhoff) was so hot!! and Kitt whoa!! a talking car!! and i car that could do all the wonderful stuff!! i was hooked!! (and David hasselhoff is still pretty good looking today to!!) I have the First season dvd set and can't hardly wait for the second, third and fourth season to come out. i hope they come out quick! i watch my Knight rider dvds alot.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:21 pm

She was a great poet. I had to analyze "I heard a fly..." (among others) in an English 200 class and I was shocked by the lack of poetic understanding by half of the class.

Ah well. :)

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:27 pm

Hello! My name is Walter H. Anderson, and I live in Garrettsville, Ohio (about an hour from Cleveland). I've been a Knight Rider fan since seeing my first episode when I was 8 years old. I'm a fabrication operator for a plastic manufacturer, and I have a wife of almost 5 years and 2 children. My other interests include building model kits, latch hook, Amateur Radio (yes, I have a Ham Radio license), and of course, Knight Rider.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

DarKSLaiN
Operative

Post by DarKSLaiN » Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:20 pm

Hi! :D, my name is Jesus Romero and i have 20 years old, and im in a remote town-city in Spain, called Ciudad Real, as you might know, Knight Rider (el coche fantastico as known here) were a smashing hit on spain, all the people know Kitt and Michael here :D...

My shadowy flight started when i have 3-4 years, then i have lots of toys of knight rider, videogames (the N.E.S game) (i had 3 or 4 bad replica cars, trans-am blacked out with sprays of majorette and all the merchandising i can get from here) and i have seen Kitt on his tours for spain when i can (3 or 4 times - i have one in video xDD lol! -)

i rec all the episodes in VHS cassetes, but with the time, most of it were literally destroyed by the time... i love the Tv show... but from the last time it were reposed on TV, my Knight Rider stories were a bit off...

in 1999 searching in internet i discovered this site, it was incredible!, my english is so bad, and that´s because i dont have writted any from long time ago, but people from the spanish forum where i am moderator tell me that a lot of interesting things were said here, and i get all my best and tried to write :D

Now.. in 2005, my only wish is have kitt someday (it´s hard to buy a Pontiac in spain), i have meet lots of great people in the Spanish-EEUU community of KR (Caballero2000 -owner of a great replica, first on spain!-, Lofer -webmaster of http://www.elcochefantastico.net-, Woltes, KnightGirl, ThorDMC, Yusuke, Erick Llaguno, KittMix, Knight2000...) and im a Knight Freak!, i have apported lots of things to the community like Traductions for the games, Pictures Tricked for everyone who wants, Video Montages, a Fan-Art 26 Pages Comic called "the new KnightRider" lots!, i do it because i think that KR community must be Bigger than ever now, This is the KR year! :D:D

Greets from spain! :D:D! and thanks to create a good community for all the world fan Knight Riders!

p.d: dont you think that my english SuckS!? xD :D

Here is a sample of "The new Knight Rider"

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:21 pm

Hi people, I am Solid Snake... well on here I am :lol: . I am from the Netherlands. I first saw Knight Rider in the early 90's when it was shown on German TV... My favourite episode? Hmm tough one... But my favourite season was the 4th season... gotta love SPM :D . I sometimes play around on my PC making photoshops of all sorts of things including Knight Rider. I am a Medical Analyst in my everyday live... I am also studying Medical Research. Ehmm... I love movies... music... and I am a car freak, especially fond of Ford Motor Company cars... eehmm... well... that about sums it up... :P ...
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:54 pm

Sorry, I'm just getting around to this now. I go by knightshade. I've been around KRO for probably 4 years now. Mostly I'm into fanfiction. I'm old enough to have seen the show first run and I loved it. My favorite KR memory is probably staying up way too late on school nights during high school, watching my favorite eps on tape after my family had gone to bed.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:12 pm

p.d: dont you think that my english SuckS!? xD :D

Goodness! Your English is 1000x better than my Spanish. Don't fret. :)

SuperchargedGS
Volunteer

Post by SuperchargedGS » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Hello I'm Anthony from Ohio, I watched Knight rider when I was about 6 or so years old and never stopped liking it. great car I have pic of my regal with the scanner light not a very good picture though

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:36 pm

Mike from Los Angeles here... Part of the older crowd, Knight Rider originally aired during my 4 years of high school. I am a television broadcast engineer; I design production facilities for television/movie studios.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight DJ
Volunteer

Post by Knight DJ » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:36 pm

Hi. I'm Alex a radio DJ from Sydney, Australia. I'm 26 and watched KR growing up. Just finished watching Region 4 series 1 boxset that my very understanding girlfriend bought me for Xmas. I was only allowed to watch it when she wasn't in the house. A bit like having a secret habit really....

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:45 pm

My Name is Adrian.

I am 30 years old, so Can remeber KR from the first time round.
I work in a local factory, and since I went on the net just over 2 years ago, I find this forum Fantastic, news of KR product releases this is the place to be!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:49 pm

Hello, my name is Johnny and I'm from Manila. I used to work at a university as an office worker and investigator. I then quit and did some part-time work as a real estate agent. Nowadays I am a manager at a family owned business which rents out commercial and residential dwellings. I also do ebay transactions from time to time. My relatively easy schedule (and unmarried bachelor life) enables me to engage in my favorite hobbies and sports activities.

My primary hobby as of now is scale model building and vintage 80's TV series toy collecting (which I buy from time to time in ebay, if my budget permits it). Aside from Knight Rider, my interests also include other futuristic action vehicle series such as Airwolf, Blue Thunder, Magnum PI (I like the Ferrari and TC's van and chopper), The Transformers and many others.

I am very fortunate to have found this site and share with the members some fond memories and knowledge about the show that's been dear to me since I stepped into first year high school. It's great to know that even if the years roll by and we all get on with our busy lives, we'll always have a special place to gather around and talk about the past and the fun that we had (and still have). :)
Last edited by HondaSiR on Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Crovax Ws-6
Rookie

Post by Crovax Ws-6 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:49 am

Hi Im Bobby, Im from Boston Mass. And the thing i remember about knight rider was tellin gmy self i was gonna own a Black Firebird someday. and now i do. and it will look Somewhat like Kitt when i am done with it. i want at least the Nose and Scanner. the rest of the stuff is really just to expensive to do. being a broke college student doesnt allow me all that much money to do stuff liek that. Plus IM more into gettin a 12 sec 1/4 mile out of my car at this point.

BlueEyedKnight75
Volunteer

Post by BlueEyedKnight75 » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:34 am

Hi, I'm Angela from South Carolina. I'm 30 years old and expecting my first baby any minute now lol. At 7 years old I saw the pilot ep on its first airing, and was immediately hooked. I'd have to say that my favorite KR moment just for the sheer "emotional" moment for me was in JYD just as KITT is sinking into the acid, and then watching his struggle to come back after such a traumatic ordeal.

PhoenixKnight
Stranger

Post by PhoenixKnight » Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:24 pm

Hello everyone! Ermm....well, I'm 27, female and from the sunny (ahem) UK.
Of course, I used to watch KR when I was kid and it was long forgotten until about a month ago when after 5 years of marriage my hubby revealed his secret love of all things K.I.T.T

Anyway, things escalated to the point of being forced to watch Knight Rider for 9 hours solid on Boxing Day where he then kept chipping in with useful facts and driving me insane with his Knight Rider ringtone. Nearly a month later, I finally admitted that I actually enjoy watching it and now I find myself here.
I think hubby is registered here somewhere but I have no idea what his username is. :roll:

It's a bit different to my usual 'haunts' as I'm a regular on several Harry Potter sites ( :shifty: ), and have my own HP site with a K.I.T.T avatar in my siggy, which looks a bit out of place but who cares? I'm a lone KR crusader in an HP world!

That's about it really, except that Devon Miles is my favourite character (hence the avatar in his honour).

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:47 pm

Hello, I'm almost 35(wow, I'm old) and have like Knight Rider since I was 12. I thought Kitt was the coolest car besides Herbie. LOL I actually did a Herbie replica first about two years ago. He was pretty easy because all it involves is a bug with decals but Kitt is going to be harder. I decided though for right now I will only do an exterior conversion. It took nearly 2 years to make a Herbie so I can imagine Kitt might take longer.

I joined this site because I think the people here are very nice and helpful. Also they share the passion of Knight Rider like I do. My family yet is trying to figure out why I would like such a show but now I can come here and not feel bad about liking it. LOL

Knight Girl

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:16 pm

Knight Girl wrote: My family yet is trying to figure out why I would like such a show but now I can come here and not feel bad about liking it. LOL
Knight Girl

Same here. Everyone I know thinks im a idiot for loving the show and buying Knight Rider products.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight_Industries_2000
Stranger

hi

Post by Knight_Industries_2000 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:19 am

8)

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Mon Jan 17, 2005 7:56 am

Hi my name is Toni.

I was previously known here as KnightRiderFinland. Since I won a custom title for me, I decided to start to use my own name. So now I have been Knighted :-) and am using my real name.

I'm a former musician from Tampere, Finland. I nowadays work as a senior web designer in a small (but effective) Finnish internet publishing company. I manage various projects, design applications and therefore write also code and use various markup languages. I've been a fan of Knight Rider since the age of six.

You can spot me scouting around collectors' fairs of Finland looking for Knight Rider and Star Wars as well as other cool movie/tv related items. In Finland KR is rare, SW more common to be found. That's why I have a large collection of Star Wars-stuff but also something related to Knight Rider.

I just received the book Knight Rider Legacy last week and have been reading it everyday now. It's a nice piece of work.

You may have seen some of my graphics around this board. Worth mentioning are my version of the dvd-boxset (yeah, I know I should finish the hires version :wink:) and the poster for Knight Rider movie FanArt Challenge. I have plans for some interesting graphics as well as a musical surprise that's been under construction for a while now.

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:39 pm

HI I'M KIM,36YRS OLD AND IN THE USA. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WHEN I FIRST SAW KNIGHT RIDER ON DVD BACK IN DEC. I HAD TO HAVE IT. I ACTUALLY SAW THE FIRST EPISODE. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT EITHER. NOW I HAVE TO FIND MORE AND I CAN'T. I LOVED DAVID HASSELHOFF AND KITT. I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS SO POPULAR. I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE CRAZY ABOUT HIM AND KITT, MAYBE BECAUSE I'M IN THE US. I KNOW HOW POPULAR HE IS OVER SEAS. I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THE SHOW TO COME ON AND I'VE HAD NO LUCK. AH! I REMEMBER GOING TO THE CONVENTION CENTER IN BALTIMORE TO SEE MICHAEL KNIGHT AND KITT. I MISSED HIM, HE HAD ALREADY LEFT BUT I DID SEE KITT. I CAN'T SAY I HAVE A FAVORITE BECAUSE I LOVED ALL THE SHOWS, IT WAS THE BEST SHOW ON. I DIDN'T LIKE KR 2000. I WAS SO DEVISTATED WHEN THEY TOOK KITT APART AND SHAWN ENDED UP WITH ONE OF HIS CHIPS, HE WOULD NEVER BE THE SAME. MICHAEL IS NOT MICHAEL WITHOUT KITT AND KITT IS NOT KITT WITHOUT MICHAEL.
STILL WAITING FOR MORE KNIGHT RIDER IN THE US! CAN ANYONE HELP?
THANKS
KIM

sheltonw3
FLAG Recruit

Post by sheltonw3 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:29 pm

didn't we do this like ....3 or 4 yrs ago? :roll:
"Really?....some people are simply just too much!"

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:50 am

sheltonw3 wrote:didn't we do this like ....3 or 4 yrs ago? :roll:
Yes...so what? There are a lot of new members here now that were not members then (myself included). As Neps has said in this thread's opening line, the time is about right to re-introduce this kind of introduction. People come and go and some of the older members have gone...but new members are born. This is a good way for us to get to know each other.

Knight_Industries_2000
Stranger

Post by Knight_Industries_2000 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:49 am

HondaSiR wrote:
sheltonw3 wrote:didn't we do this like ....3 or 4 yrs ago? :roll:
Yes...so what? There are a lot of new members here now that were not members then (myself included). As Neps has said in this thread's opening line, the time is about right to re-introduce this kind of introduction. People come and go and some of the older members have gone...but new members are born. This is a good way for us to get to know each other.
Well said. I am new here... hello everyone. I am a 26yr old female from Ontario, Canada. I was lucky enough to recieve a copy of Season 1 on DVD for Christmas. It wasn't until i watched Knight Rider again that I remembered exactly why I loved the show so much as a child.