What would you liked to have seen:

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:45 pm

This may come into Fanfic foundations but as in an episode making, what sort of battles or romance or situations would you like to have seen Michael,KITT,Bonnie,April,Devon or RC3 in???? that were never captured by the original series.
For me i would have liked to see MK and KITT come up against Garth and KARR together and April have some sort of evil reappearance.
I know this is what we have Fanfic for but i thought it would be a good discussion of views.

K.I.T.T
[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ November 24, 2002: Message edited by: K.I.T.T ]

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:59 pm

I would have loved to see some resolution to all the open storylines they left. Such things like what happened to Cameron Zachary, (we couldn't just leave this supervillian in a prison cell somewhere, that is just not cool) what happened between Adrienne Margeaux and Garthe Knight between their first episodes and Goliath Returns. Those type of things.

Good topic. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

knightimmortal

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:07 am

How about our new members???

K.I.T.T

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:49 am

I personally would have wanted to see what would have happened if Garth had teamed with KARR.

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Sun Nov 24, 2002 2:30 pm

Yeah, April changes sides and teams up with Garthe to reactivate KARR, and together they go against Michael, Bonnie and KITT. That would be a perfect fight since both side would be equal.
I think those fictions always live from the heroes and an qual nemesis, so that's what I like to see/read.

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sun Nov 24, 2002 6:04 pm

I would like to have seen a little more of their pasts. We saw some of that with Stevie and with Devon's old flame's daughter. It would have been nice to see more. I think it would have been interesting to know more about where they came from. Even Kitt -- some more details of his early time and what it was like for him the first few months after being turned on.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:43 pm

I enjoyed episodes that involved the internal workings of FLAG in some way. The KARR and Goliath episodes touched on it a bit, but I think it really reached its stride in Knight of the Juggernaut.

The end of season three felt like they were running out of ideas, and Juggernaut rejuvenated the series a bit. Unfortunately, they resolved the Elizabeth Knight conflict nice and neatly. It would have been interesting to keep her as sort of an internal enemy of FLAG.

Mike

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:16 pm

^I think you meant Jennifer Knight... Elizabeth is the mother from "Goliath".

I would have liked to see more of Jennifer as well, perhaps her having to deal more with the downside of her family legacy: Garth being a criminal and Elizabeth being a black widow spider. That scene where Michael jumps the fence at her house and offers to resign was a tantalizing glimpse of stuff that just didn't happen.

I wish there had been more in the way of an explanation as to why Bonnie was suddenly gone, and why April suddenly left as well.

And, as corny as it was in parts, I would have loved to see another episode like "Knight Sting" -- it was neat to see all the cast members stepping outside their normal roles to help pull off the mission.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Nov 25, 2002 4:24 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JL:
<STRONG>^I think you meant Jennifer Knight... Elizabeth is the mother from "Goliath".

.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...yeah...I was just, um, testing to see if YOU were paying attention. Yeah, that's it! [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And it was good to see Bonnie & Devon get more screen time (never cared too much one way or the other about RC3.) More episodes with them out in the field with Michael would have been good.

Mike

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Nov 27, 2002 7:18 am

I've always wanted to see a story that fleshed out the relationship between KRO form TKR, don't hit me please, and FLAG. The episode KRO from TKR mentioned a possible conncetion between the two shows and I've always wondered how that might have panned out. Form the episode we might infer that an altercation between KITT and KRO might have accured, they never mentioned who captured him the first time, but who else could stop a molecular-bonded Ferrari but KITT. There could also be some interresting plot delvelopements involving Jennifer Knight as the succesor to FLAG since that episode mentioned the death of Devin in 1986 prior to KRO's construction. I don't know, I just think its cool because of all the KITT vs. KARR style mayhem that could transpire during the story. Maybe a "KITT vs. KRO" flashback story could have infused a little life into TKR, even though the KRO episode and the series finale were the only ones worth a darn in my opinion! [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

JL
Operative

Post by JL » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:35 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Army_F_body:
<STRONG>There could also be some interresting plot delvelopements involving Jennifer Knight as the succesor to FLAG since that episode mentioned the death of Devin in 1986 prior to KRO's construction.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's been years since I saw TKR, and even then, what I saw I've since worked very hard to repress. ( [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img])

They actually established in the episode "KRO" that Devon died in 1986? So does that makes KR2K apocryphal?

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Nov 27, 2002 11:17 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JL:
<STRONG>
They actually established in the episode "KRO" that Devon died in 1986? So does that makes KR2K apocryphal?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They don't give a specific year of Devon's death; they simply refer to "the late Devon Miles". TKR and Knight Rider 2000 are on two distinct timelines. TKR does not "replace" the Knight Rider 2000 timeline so much as it offers an "alternate" timeline.

Mike

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Wed Nov 27, 2002 8:22 pm

I'm assuming Devin's death was in 86, fitting with the last season of KR, since I think there was some memtion of KRO being an 86 or 87 model Ferrari, besides Devon would never let another KARR happen so he had to have been dead before the KRO project started. Just a thought.