when will the new series be on?

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

when will the new series be on?

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:53 pm

Anyone know when the new knight rider will premier?I ask because the last time I told my friends that the series or movie will come out soon was my graduating year of high school about 7 years ago.We threw together a reunion and what's the first thing my friend asks me when I sit down? "So when's that knight rider movie/series coming out hehe?"

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:20 pm

Hey Knight Racer, if you are on yahoo drop me a message, need to talk to you about our "other" project. Need some pictures you might have.
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:40 pm

Keep in mind, there is no series yet. The only definite plan at the moment is a two-hour TV-move, and all they've said is that could air "later this season". Typically you see special programming during February or May sweeps months, but with the current writers strike it could mean that they could air it at any time to fill up space with original programming.

I would not expect the series (if green-lighted) to air until at least Fall 2008, or it could be a mid-season replacement.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:40 pm

Keep in mind, there is no series yet. The only definite plan at the moment is a two-hour TV-move, and all they've said is that could air "later this season". Typically you see special programming during February or May sweeps months, but with the current writers strike it could mean that they could air it at any time to fill up space with original programming.

I would not expect the series (if green-lighted) to air until at least Fall 2008, or it could be a mid-season replacement.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:47 pm

I dont think it will happen.

We have been here time and time again,"knight Rider is coming back"

It NEVER ever happens.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but I will belive it when I see it.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:35 pm

I understand your frustration whet, but the NBC project has gone farther than any other Knight Rider project in 10 years. The fact that they've starting casting the movie is a HUGE milestone to pass. I am very confident we'll see a 2-hour movie within the next 8 months.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 pm

Yes latest events do seem promising. I wonder how long it will be until we find out if William Daniels is doing screen movie or tv movie or maybe both?

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:40 pm

Last I heard, the plan is to air the NBC pilot in February. As they say, subject to change without notice.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:39 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:I understand your frustration whet, but the NBC project has gone farther than any other Knight Rider project in 10 years. The fact that they've starting casting the movie is a HUGE milestone to pass. I am very confident we'll see a 2-hour movie within the next 8 months.

Well I have just come home from a 2 weeks holiday, I heard the part of Michael's son has been cast,

What else have I missed?

Anyone else been cast for it?

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Sydney Poitier as an FBI agent. You heard it here first.

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:36 pm

Injunction against NBCU on the horizon. You heard it here first.

=VK=

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:45 pm

So Glen is applying for an injunction against Universal? I wonder if he will get it? Should be interesting what ever way it goes.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:39 pm

victor kros wrote:Injunction against NBCU on the horizon. You heard it here first.

=VK=
how are you going to get an injunction against nbc universal, i thought they owned the rights to the tv version of knight rider, also nbc universal is going to be tough to stop, there a very big powerful company. and knight rider has always been associated with nbc universal. i dont think they can be stopped. :roll:

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:36 am

You know it would be just our luck that Glen will get his injunction. And we fans will have to wait and wait and wait. I think my biggest fear about both projects being tied up in the courts for years is about to come true. Because I'am sure Universal will not take this situtation lying down.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 am

victor kros wrote:Injunction against NBCU on the horizon. You heard it here first.

=VK=
first thing i did was delete my "support Glen"-message from my signature.
once again the big hollywood-egos fight it off on the back of the fans!
i'm so sick of it!
i had really hoped you both (glen/weinstein AND NBCU) would work on your knight rider projects and let the quality and passion of your projects decide wether it has a right to stay on air or not. instead you'll both sue each other to death and we, the fans are those who suffer because there won't be any new knight rider at all for a looooong time.
thanks a lot! i hope you're proud with what you're doing and your egos are pleased! :x

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:31 pm

I was just double checking somthing Victor had said in another thread. About how both projects wouldn't be put on hiatus while a legal battle went on between Glen and Universal. Well I'am not holding my breath.

T.A.H.O.E.
FLAG Recruit

Post by T.A.H.O.E. » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:41 pm

HI ALL & greetings to any new members....

I heard on radio (yeh,t'was on radio...!- "hollywood in the news" ) that a lot of projects to be finished are at this time shelved...due to the writers strike....this affects production on movies,shows as well.....Drat....!

I hope it gets resolved soon.....there are not many TV shows that bear watching... thought y'all should know
" Silence....we have an intruder... "

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:42 pm

The chances are good that the NBC project will move forward and air in February. The script is done, casting is proceeding, etc.

The movie may be a bit more problematic due to the writer's strike, as no rewrites will be possible until it's resolved. Victor can probably shed some light on this.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:18 pm

I just had another thought I wonder if the Wienstiens are making Glen start this legal action. I think the only ones that will get rich from this are the lawyers. Which I'am sure Universal has a whole legion of them.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:34 pm

Anyone else thought the legion of lawyers had karr's scanner as a visor on their eyes? anybody.....just checking.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:53 pm

Okay it took me awhile to figure out what you are saying oh funny :lol:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:44 pm

Allow me to clear up some misunderstandings,

Kaine - You may do as you please, it is your right to express yourself in any manner you choose as long as it's respectful. As far as blaming Glen for the legal matters, blame Universal for not honoring specific contract clauses. This matter is no longer just about egos, it's about business practices that were not properly followed.

Nelson B, - You misread what I posted regarding a hiatus during a legal conflict between Glen and NBCU. I said Glen's feature film will continue to move forward, his legal matters have little to do with the progress of his script with TWC. Read below for NBCU.

The possible injunction against Universal involves ignoring Glen's right to provide services as executive producer on any Knight Rider projects.

Even if he does not support the project, Universal must give him the opportunity or he can opt for a payout. Universal did neither and have been informed of this oversite with a cease and decist order.

They have done nothing to correct the issue, this will most likely cause an injunction against them unless Glen and NBCU come to some sort of compromise.

It is not fair to blame Glen for excercising his rights, especially since Universal has done things which are of questionable moral value to exclude Glen from certain projects. His contracts may be older but he's a very smart businessman and his clauses are ironclad.

Shapeshifter - I will not get into this matter with you again about how Universal has done things that are sinister in nature. Documented evidence of this will come out in the trade articles to come.

Lastly, the WGA strike is not likely to effect either project since to my knowledge both camps have a completed script to work from. Given some very minor clauses in what a studio can do to modify a script, there shouldn't be much need for improvement.

Studios cannot add to a script that was submitted before the WGA deadline but they can take things out and make minor changes to dialogue. They cannot add new scenes or dialogue that wasn't previously penned in the original script.

Keep your eye on the trades, these matters will be explained in detail through the proper channels.

=VK=

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:52 pm

I think we need to be careful about making declarations about Universal without providing context or supporting evidence. If and when Glen Larson makes official, public claims against Universal’s practices then we can certainly discuss them. However, it’s inappropriate to make claims and moral accusations in this manner.

Similarly, we should avoid a backlash against Larson if he does not support the NBC project. Copyright law is very strange; often, it’s not enough that you have a copyright, you must also fight for it. If you knowingly ignore violations to a copyright, you run the risk of losing it. So as strange as it may sound, Larson may be OBLIGATED to take legal action against Universal.

I don’t know the entire story. Frankly, no one does. But as a fan of the franchise I want to make sure that this board doesn’t turn into a propaganda machine for one side or the other. Let the lawyers be on opposite sides; let the fans stick together.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:09 am

I hope that later this season means Feburary or March, usually the show seasons start around that time if I am not mistaken.

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:52 am

jjsocrazy wrote:I hope that later this season means Feburary or March, usually the show seasons start around that time if I am not mistaken.
As I know TV Shows seasons usually starts in September and ends in May. I could be wrong.