Hoff & KITT on UK TV Friday morning

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Menace
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hoff & KITT on UK TV Friday morning

Post by Menace » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:48 am

Hi Guys,

A quick note to let you know that the Hoff and KITT will be appearing on UK Television, it will be on GMTV's Entertainment Today on ITV friday morning, i think it's 8.30 or 9am, it's live, so anything could happen, should be fun.

Regards

Vinny

Daemonicus666
Operative

Post by Daemonicus666 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:15 am

Sadly I cant see that as I am in Australia. Please let us know how it goes and what happens :)
"I have special effects of my own. Im going to make you disappear for 20 years man..." - Michael Knight (Halloween Knight)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:19 pm

And I second that since I'm in the USA.

EVH5150
Volunteer

Post by EVH5150 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:20 am

I just watched the show. David looked extremely tired - to the point where you thought his eyes were going to close - so a lot of people have already jumped on the "Hoff was drunk again" bandwagon. I saw no evidence of him being drunk.

By the end of the 40min show, the studio had received a lot of e-mails asking if David was ok because he looked so tired, to which he said that it was indeed just tiredness. He even made a quasi-apology for the "Hoff being off" (his words).

Nothing spectacular to report about the content of the show. He was asked about a KR movie, and he said that the film had to be pulled from one studio's (was the name Revolution Studios?) grasp via a lawsuit, because they wanted to make it into campy Starsky & Hutch deal, where KITT didn't talk. David said he didn't want to go that way with the movie, and that he would probably play Michael Knight and "hand the baton" to his on-screen son.

He also said that he enjoyed filming KR more than Baywatch because he got to drive KITT as fast as he liked.

I can't remember anything else. ;) Just be prepared for people to say that he was drunk again. If I thought that he was, or I saw evidence of it, I'd say so. He just looked - and we all know how this feels - like he hadn't had more than a couple of hours sleep in the last few days.
Brian Elliott is a journalist, and a regular contributor to DVD Reviewer and SLAM! Wrestling .

psvl6
Recruit

Post by psvl6 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:36 am

If anyone has it on tape could you please post it so that we could see some of it. I live and the U.S and could not watch it.
David probarly has jet lag after his long trip and is tired from his busy schedule.

Pam

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:24 pm

I agree on the tiredness. And with all the traveling he does, and the worry when his daughter got cut playing with the pets, can make anyone tired.

Sounds like he is in the movie then? What was all the other stuff then about him not being in the movie? At this point, I don't know who to believe.

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:56 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:Sounds like he is in the movie then? What was all the other stuff then about him not being in the movie? At this point, I don't know who to believe.
It probably was all made up with him not being in the movie. Who knows exactly what is going on, probably only David, Glen and whoever else is directly involved. You know them, they can't say much until it is actually in production. That's why I am waiting until the trailer comes out to see how the movie is going to be.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:35 pm

I tend to agree. I can't wait to see the trailer. :)