Knight Rider 4th and last season coming April 4th

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

rulloa81
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by rulloa81 » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:47 pm

how do you know that all these stores aren't going to stock season 4 ??? I bought season three dvd on the day that it was released from best buy, how can you say that they aren't going to have it in stock??

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:42 pm

Just got mine at $34.99 before taxes and before the $5 coupon, (my sister-in-law) she gets 10% off and picked it up for me, she works for a department store like walmart and picked it up for me today(hopefully, I'll call and check to make sure), they got like 5 in, and after all disconts I paided 27.00 bucks!
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:39 pm

Just got both KR S4 and A-Team S4 at Best Buy.

krfan1

hillstones
Volunteer

Got Mine at Best Buy

Post by hillstones » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:38 pm

Best Buy in Southern CA area had plenty of Season 4 Knight Rider, just like they had plenty of the previous seasons on the day of their release.

I am glad the Season 4 DVD came quickly after Season 3. No need to wait, they are all remastered pretty much at the same time...so when they had them done, no reason to delay the final season.

When the Star Trek series were being done, each season was two months apart, then the final season came out 1 month after the previous season release.

According to the box, Season 4 is Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono. Don't know why....stereo TV came on the scene in 1984, and I do recall when the show originally aired, NBC would display their stereo logo. But, usually just the music had any stereo effect in those early days.

In either case, these DVD releases are the cleanest I have seen of Knight Rider. So it is nice to have them on DVD, and uncut.

Just unfortunate Universal never included any special features beyond the Season 1 release. But I do give them credit for including Knight Rider 2000 on the Season 1 set.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Got Mine at Best Buy

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:42 am

hillstones wrote:I am glad the Season 4 DVD came quickly after Season 3. No need to wait, they are all remastered pretty much at the same time...so when they had them done, no reason to delay the final season.
Yeah, it's not like they wanted to make sure they released a quality set with quality sound, teasers, discs, sound effects, bonus features, and creative cover art, or anything. Why wait when you can release a half-assed product quicker?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:28 am

krfan1 wrote:Just got both KR S4 and A-Team S4 at Best Buy.

krfan1
Speaking of the A team.

How they done with releasing those on dvd?
They made any mess up's with them like they have with Knigh Rider?

Reissuleipa
Rookie

Re: Got Mine at Best Buy

Post by Reissuleipa » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:05 am

Lost Knight wrote:
hillstones wrote:I am glad the Season 4 DVD came quickly after Season 3. No need to wait, they are all remastered pretty much at the same time...so when they had them done, no reason to delay the final season.
Yeah, it's not like they wanted to make sure they released a quality set with quality sound, teasers, discs, sound effects, bonus features, and creative cover art, or anything. Why wait when you can release a half-assed product quicker?
True...true :evil:
But us R2-people still have a glimmer of hope left for S3 and S4 releases.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:37 pm

In regards to whet's ? on the A-Team. Not to my knowledge have there been any errors. I havn't seen any missing sound effects or music, but KR was more present in my early years than A-Team.

Season 1 + 2 have been fine. Not sure about S3 and I just bought S4.

S1 or 2 did not have any extras (so KR people be thankful for what we did get with S1.

krfan1

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:13 pm

krfan1 wrote:In regards to whet's ? on the A-Team. Not to my knowledge have there been any errors. I havn't seen any missing sound effects or music, but KR was more present in my early years than A-Team.

Season 1 + 2 have been fine. Not sure about S3 and I just bought S4.

S1 or 2 did not have any extras (so KR people be thankful for what we did get with S1.

krfan1
in other words, universal hates Knight Rider, anyother show got the goods they deserved. :x
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:37 pm

No, not exactly. I hear Quantum Leap got a bunch of music cut out of it as I recall.

krfan1

knightrules
Volunteer

Post by knightrules » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:39 pm

Universal does not do a whole lot of things right.
Major issues they had with the release of Back To The Future with improper framing, to mention just one.

They just do it things poorly.

Happy to have all 4 seasons of KR even if they are not absolutely perfect, I do not think they would shell the revenue out to fix it.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:57 pm

I just got my set delivered today (was pre-ordered from Amazon.com). The first (and so far only until in a few minutes, I guess :) ) episode I watched was Killer K.I.T.T. It was pretty good. Quality was good. I didn't notice any obvious omissions and when I watch the eps, I watch them to enjoy them for the first time in some 20 years. :)

However, there are a couple of things I'm disappointed in:

1. The box is basically the same color as Seasons 2 and 3 (though more closely to the color of season 3).

2. The picture of Michael on the box, he has a rather strange expression on his face. (Or is it just me?)

3. When you select an episode to play, there is no menu after that with a description of what the episode is about. The other 3 seasons had this so I would have not expected Universal to break continuity here.

I'll know more when I watch more of the series.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:25 pm

Why could they have not made more an effort.
They could have approached Patricia McPherson etc and done an interview for example.

But then with Universal making such a poor job they can't even get the episode's themselves right I suppose that was never on the cards.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:48 pm

I'm disappointed that they never interviewed William Daniels, as he was as much a star of the show as the others. They should have attempted to at least interview as much of the starring cast as possible (though I understand that some of them have since passed on, such as Edward Mulhare and Paul Frees).

Still, the people that are still around it would have been nice to have interviews of all of them, ie. including April, Bonnie, RCIII, KITT, KARR (Peter Cullen), and share memorable moments as well.

Having both Peter Cullen and William Daniels in the same room doing an interview together would have been extra neat, I'm sure. :)

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:05 pm

That would have been a great idea. I love to see interviews and other things. I love it when movies put all the extra stuff on the DVDs. Gone in 60 Seconds had some really good extra stuff.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:35 am

Frankly, I am thankful KR has been released on DVD. While not completely perfect, at least we have the episodes. Think of those people whose fav shows have not been released on DVD

Also, as I have said before...we are able to attain all 4 seasons for roughly $130. That is MUCH CHEAPER than if Columbia House would have released all four seasons. Ten tapes cost me roughly $250 back when CH released KR on VHS.

Be thankful for what we got! It could've been worse!

krfan1

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:59 pm

krfan1 wrote:Frankly, I am thankful KR has been released on DVD. While not completely perfect, at least we have the episodes. Think of those people whose fav shows have not been released on DVD

Also, as I have said before...we are able to attain all 4 seasons for roughly $130. That is MUCH CHEAPER than if Columbia House would have released all four seasons. Ten tapes cost me roughly $250 back when CH released KR on VHS.

Be thankful for what we got! It could've been worse!

krfan1
very, very true, I always taped off tv and I see now just how much got cut from the origanl release.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:10 pm

I can totally relate to you MikeMac. There is one episode of KR where a used car salesman kept trying to rip people off while KITT was parked by them. I had never seen that before and thought it was the funniest thing.

It is cool to see the stuff that gets cut out of syndication.

krfan1

LuvKITT
FLAG Recruit

Post by LuvKITT » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:13 pm

Oh I am truely happy KR is on DVD. It is my favorite show and always will be. It is kinda strange with some stuff without sound effects but they aren't from my fav episodes so that's ok...hehe.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:28 pm

From what I have seen, the sound effects missing from S3 are no big deal for the most part. Sure they are noticable, but they don't bother me.

krfan1

Julius May
Volunteer

Will not get KR DVD sets for now until problems are fixed

Post by Julius May » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:33 pm

I think after reading these messages I must pass buying KL on DVDfor now because of the audio issues. It really hurts me to say this becuase I'm a huge fan of this show and one of the favorite shows I must have on DVD.
Julius May

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:28 pm

You can wait it out. I am wondering how well Universal will attempt to fix this issue concerning the audio.

Do they have a list of the errors or which eps are affected? I am overly curious to see how this turns out.

krfan1

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:57 pm

Hey..... am I the only one who has realized that there is no "pre-menu" before viewing the episodes individually. No way to read an on screen synopsis or choose scenes...

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:22 pm

Nope, I mentioned that in my post above. :) I noticed it too. The other seasons had that but not this season. Makes me wonder why.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:35 pm

The A-Team S4 also seems to be like that (from the one ep I've watched from it)

krfan1