Who would you cast in the 'Knight Rider' Movie???

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:12 am

I should point out that I stole the idea of Halle Berry from someone else a long time ago. I don't remember who it was originally, but they posted it and I thought it was a really good idea. So if that casting director is still around, let us know!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:27 pm

Pictures included. I know, this goes against what I originally thought five/six years ago, but I have decided to revise my "cast" selection, basing it on the actors/actresses acting abilities.

Michael- Alessandro Nivola ("I Want You", "Laurel Canyon", "Jurassic Park 3")

Bonnie- Sandrine Holt ("Resident Evil: Apocalypse", "Loving Jezebel", TV's "Once a Thief")

Devon Miles- Ian McKellen ("Gods and Monsters", "X-Men", "Lord of the Rings")

KITT (voice)- William Daniels (no contest)

KITT (body)- 2005 Ford Mustang GT

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:42 pm

The only ones I can concur with are your choices for Devon and KITT. Michael... eh... possible.

The car... no WAY! LOL! Nope, not the Mustang. Don't get me wrong, that is one nice looking car you got pictured. But it just doesn't fit KITT's "personality" anymore than that '57 Chevy or that KIFT thing did. The Mustang is cool, but not exotic enough.

KITT needs to be a very exotic, futuristic looking car. Preferably the modified '82 T/A he's always been. :)

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:28 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:The car... no WAY! LOL! Nope, not the Mustang. Don't get me wrong, that is one nice looking car you got pictured. But it just doesn't fit KITT's "personality" anymore than that '57 Chevy or that KIFT thing did. The Mustang is cool, but not exotic enough.

KITT needs to be a very exotic, futuristic looking car. Preferably the modified '82 T/A he's always been. :)
Like you Fuzzydice, I must admit my desire is for Kitt to remain a 1982 Trans Am. If he is to be a new car though, I agree that it shouldn't be the Mustang. Whilst it is a beutiful car, it simply wouldn't suit the personality of Kitt. However, perhaps the 2006 Corvette ZO6 would be more to your tastes as it is mine?

Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:49 pm

If that thing were in black with a red scanner, I'd be easily fooled. :) I agree, that is about the only car I've seen yet that I might consider a viable "upgrade" to KITT. Front and back look similar to the original, yet more sporty, more updated. And the lights in the back... definitely should be blackouts - front too. That would look so sleek!

Nice looking car, even if it's in yellow. Actually, yellow isn't a bad color for some cars. Though I can't help but to associate "yellow" with lemons. :lol: But this 'vette I'm sure is no lemon.

I've always loved Corvettes. Esp. the '72 Stingrays. I even saw one up close and real in a parking lot one time and talked to the guy who owned it. If only I could just had the money to buy it. But then my car got jealous and started "complaining" so we had to leave. :lol: ;)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:32 am

Matthew, you just may be on to something. Check this out...

I think that would look kinda cool. :)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:15 am

Halle Berry sounds like a good candidate for a part in the "Knight Rider" movie.
However, since I don't care for Lindsay Lohan right now, I hope she won't get any role in the "Knight Rider" movie at all.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:32 am

FuzzieDice wrote:Matthew, you just may be on to something. Check this out...

I think that would look kinda cool. :)
Wow. Any residual doubt I had has just been erased. The blacked out head lamps and the scanner look perfect with the Corvette painted black, just as I had imagined.
FuzzieDice wrote:I've always loved Corvettes. Esp. the '72 Stingrays. I even saw one up close and real in a parking lot one time and talked to the guy who owned it. If only I could just had the money to buy it. But then my car got jealous and started "complaining" so we had to leave. :lol: ;)
Ah yes, the 1972 Stingray is a beautiful car of the past. If the movie were to wind up being a serious reinvention of the show, unlike the Starsky & Hutch and Dukes of Hazzard movies, I feel it would be a nice to have Michael Long driving a Stingray right before his death if the Z06 was chosen as Kitt.
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:37 pm

Wow that Corvette looks awesome Fuzzie! A while back I was looking through one of my car magazines and saw this same Z06 and thought to myself that the hood scope intake would be a perfect place to put a scanner. Now I just wonder if the Corvette would look even better with black rims? :D
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Matthew wrote:
FuzzieDice wrote:The car... no WAY! LOL! Nope, not the Mustang. Don't get me wrong, that is one nice looking car you got pictured. But it just doesn't fit KITT's "personality" anymore than that '57 Chevy or that KIFT thing did. The Mustang is cool, but not exotic enough.

Like you Fuzzydice, I must admit my desire is for Kitt to remain a 1982 Trans Am. If he is to be a new car though, I agree that it shouldn't be the Mustang. Whilst it is a beutiful car, it simply wouldn't suit the personality of Kitt. However, perhaps the 2006 Corvette ZO6 would be more to your tastes as it is mine?

And the corevette wins....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:33 pm

Not in my book... but hey that's just my opinion :) .

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:45 pm

Or they can have Kitt in the new Trans Am concept car.... I'll put pics up soon....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Michael Knight: David Hasselhoff (in the role of the leader, like Devon)

Kitt: John Billingsley (Phlox from Star Trek - Enterprise)

New Kitt pilot: Keanu Reeves

New Karr pilot: Jeff Goldblum