Best scenes Seasons 1/2 to show "reactive environment&q

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

streamishmc
Stranger

Best scenes Seasons 1/2 to show "reactive environment&q

Post by streamishmc » Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:41 pm

Hi all, for a class I'm teaching I'm putting together a montage of scenes from movies and TV shows that show "reactive environments": houses, cars, buildings, etc that are fully outiftted with sensors and know what's going on inside of them (and sometime outside). They have so much information about everything going on in the environment that they can make or suggest the best decision (or try to), or automatically perform some task.

Everyone suggested Knight Rider and I know the first two seasons are on DVD but I don't know what would be the best scenes to show. Thought I might turn to the experts for some help. Any and all would be appreciated. Thanks!!

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:21 pm

what about the scene in "no big thing" when michael and kitt are facing the semi, and kitt says "michael, stop. now backup" and a few other commands.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Sep 27, 2005 11:25 pm

I don't think that's a good idea beacause after KITT tells Michael to back up, he asks Michael the next moment why he's backing up! LOL!

Lyn
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lyn » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:14 am

Well, I think the class should discuss humorous situations that Michael and KITT got themselves into, and that should be part of the study as well.
I got an idea for that: The time when Michael and KITT had to ride in a rundown Studebaker because the car that Michael was driving in ran out of gas.
I hope that will somewhat be a reaction environment, or something like that.....

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:41 am

hehe i love that scene....

"michael, its a common problem in petrol dependant vehicles.... we're out of gas" :P

knightriderno2
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightriderno2 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:43 am

I love the humor between KITT and Michael, you should definately use that in your class project. :wink: