best goliath appearance

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Which was the best appearance by Goliath?

Goliath
42%
Goliath Returns
58%

Total votes: 12

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

best goliath appearance

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:25 am

I decided to try my hand at posting a poll, so here it is.

Lately, I've been fascinated by the characters of Garthe Knight and Goliath (yes, I think Goliath is a character. After all, so is KITT and KARR). So I'm wondering which of the two episodes had the best appearance of Goliath. I'm more biased towards "Goliath Returns", although I thought "Goliath" was a very good episode as well.

What do you think?

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:34 am

I think "Goliath Returns" had more suspence in it than the first one. The fact that Garth brakes into the FLAG, destroys everything, and kiddnaps Devon and April only shows how much power Garth had. Also the genius strategy of Devon, April and that Swetish guy to excape out of the room that they were being held hostage by creating an explosive devise out of material that they were wearing at gave that episode an interesting climax. And then finally Garth destroys himself by driving Goliath of a cliff. It was and still is a great episode. (btw I left out some interesting parts of this show, but i hope I didn't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen this episode yet.) :roll:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:49 pm

I think the first one, because that was the episode in which Michael found out about his evil twin when he saw his evil twin walking by him, hence the stunned look on Michael's face.....
Yeah, the second one had more suspense and Michael's evil twin was creepier the second time out, but somehow the first "Goliath" episode made just a little more sense to me. Maybe..... :shock: :? 8) :roll:

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:31 pm

The original Goliath has one of the greatest scenes from the entire series: that first collision where KITT gets his fender kicked. But the rest of the episode is kind of slow and boring. Goliath Returns was a lot more fun overall for me.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:14 pm

I'm with Pajaro, the first Goliath was kinda slow, Goliath Returns is more intense.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:52 am

Ditto. Goliath Returns seemed much more darker, like KARR in Kvk as opposed to TDR.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:26 pm

I liked the point in the "Goliath Returs" episode when Michael gets the grappling hook activated---and he and KITT send Goliath and its occupants off the cliff into the drink, as it were, so I have to applaud him for doing that each time I see that episode!
I also cheer every time when Michael manages to escape from his, ahem, prison suite, even if Devon and company get stopped in their tracks....! :wink: :shock:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:52 pm

I agree with Mike on everything, the second one for me.

Andela
Recruit

Post by Andela » Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:41 am

I think that Goliath is the best episode but... maybe not Voted for that one anyway. They are both great. The desert scene when Michael and K.I.T.T. leaves the desert is funny. David impresses me, he plays Garth very well. By the way, I´m from Sweden and I can tell that Dr Bergstrom does not speak with an Swedish accent ;)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:32 pm

I know I had voted for the first Goliath episode, but I also have to say that the second Goliath episode was a good episode, because the "Goliath Returns" episode had more suspense and drama to it, and I rooted for Michael and KITT to succeed in defeating their enemy like I did in the first episode.
D. Hasselhoff did better in portraying Garthe Knight in the second one---as a villain with a sharper axe to grind against both his allies and foes alike!
When I first saw the 2 Goliath episodes, I didn't know DH was portraying Garthe Knight, since I honestly thought that someone else portrayed Garthe Knight, and I was surprised to see that DH portrayed Garthe Knight when I saw that in a 1986 or 1987 TV Guide listing! Really! :shock: 8) :? :wink: :roll:

Darknight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Darknight » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:29 pm

If the question had been about the best appearance of Garthe, I'd have to go with "Goliath Returns." However, since it's about Goliath, I have to say "Goliath." The build-up to the unveiling of Goliath is well done, and seeing individual parts at a time (especially that huge grill) really whets a person's appetite. Also, the first showdown between KITT and Goliath in the desert is pretty special (but unfortunate for KITT).