Movie Question!!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Movie Question!!

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:50 pm

This is getting annoying, dukes of hazzard, herby, and starsky and hutch came out or are coming out as movies allready. I could understand if Hasselhoff and Larson want to be patient, but its gotta come out soon. Whats the latest info besides it's supposed to be due by the end of this year (yea right).

Thanks!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:17 pm

There never was any announced plan that it would be out at the end of this year, or by any other deadline. The only dates that were ever mentioned were we fans making speculations along the lines of "well, if they started filming by the end of this month, we could see it in theaters by the end of that month."

I think the most recent announcement I heard was back in November, when Glen Larson was at a Buck Rogers event and he said something along the lines of "We’re so close to being able to talk about it (the Knight Rider movie), but not tonight." There's no real news there other than th e fact that the project is alive.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:20 pm

My advice is not to think about it. When the project starts rolling, they will start releasing more information. Until then, thinking about it will make everyone impatient and annoyed. I just hope that all of these delays are for the best so that they get the movie right.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:48 pm

Yea, guess so, wouldnt want it to end up like Starsky and Hutch, anyway, the movie should come out good because if the creator and cast of the show come together and make it what it was, with some outside influence, it will be good. Although I asked a few people and they said they dont wanna see it when it comes out, except my best friends, and im not sure why.

finalfadeout
Recruit

Post by finalfadeout » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:21 pm

It kinda was disappointing they turned Starsky and Hutch into a screwball comedy....the show had its camp moments but it was otherwise quite gritty and serious-toned.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Sat Apr 16, 2005 11:34 pm

Lost Knight wrote:My advice is not to think about it. When the project starts rolling, they will start releasing more information. Until then, thinking about it will make everyone impatient and annoyed. I just hope that all of these delays are for the best so that they get the movie right.
I'm already impatient and annoyed that they (Universal and Mr. Larson) haven't released any other info on the movie yet.

I agree, though. We gotta wait.