If KITT were in Back To The Future II Movie

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

If KITT were in Back To The Future II Movie

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:20 pm

I always thought how cool it would have been to see KITT on the big screen, making a cameo appearance in the Back to the Future II movie. I think KITT would have blended in well in the 2015 version of Hill Valley, for he is afterall the car of the future. I could picture KITT making a touch park landing in front of the Cafe 80's, where we see an older version of Michael Knight telling him to pick him up within an hour. KITT replies, as you wish Michael, as he turbo boosts his way out of Hill Valley into the sky like a jet, as we see his wheels rotating.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:23 am

That would have been a nice scenario, but KITT would have evolved into a different body style by then. Probably a 2015 model year Trans Am or better. Would have been interesting to see how the designers of the movie would shape the KITT car of the future back in the days of BTTF Part 2 (probably near in appearance to the Banshee Concept car since Knight 2000 was still being tweaked in the board room).

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:50 am

I figure the combination would have worked out well, since Knight Rider & Back to the Future are both made by Universal. There is also a connection with Battlestar Galactica, where the red eye scanner light on the Cylons are the same as KITTs scanner, and we see a couple of actors from Galactica, Lt. Boomer and Sheba in Knight Rider season 1 episodes.
Last edited by KNIGHT RAIDER on Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:51 am

I think KITT would've been out of place in that movie. Sorry.....
The 2nd "Back to the Future" movie was strange enough to me without KITT's proposed cameo.

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:34 pm

I'm curious whether KITT was shown on one of the TV screens in the Cafe 80's.
After all, they had "Miami Vice" showing, so why not Knight Rider?
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:05 pm

I really don't remember if there were any clips of Knight Rider being shown in the Cafe 80's, for there were soo many programs going on at the same time. I would have to freeze frame the TV monitors scene to see if there was a shot of KITT.

Good News in the Knight Rider World. ERTL will be releasing the 1:18 scale die cast KARR sometime this summer. Diecastmuscle.com is now accepting preorders at this time. :D

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:16 pm

That is good news.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:30 pm

HondaSiR wrote:That would have been a nice scenario, but KITT would have evolved into a different body style by then. Probably a 2015 model year Trans Am or better. Would have been interesting to see how the designers of the movie would shape the KITT car of the future back in the days of BTTF Part 2 (probably near in appearance to the Banshee Concept car since Knight 2000 was still being tweaked in the board room).
Well, a few things here. Most of the cars in Hill Valley, 2015 were actually old cars refurbished, but there were a few here and there that were original conceptual designs. Griff's car for example was a 1980s BMW painted with a new wild paint job to disguise it and outfitted with a hover conversion. The Pontiac Banshee can also actually be seen in this movie driving by in the background when Marty is still in the alley.

If KITT were to be in the movie and the year 2015, I don't think his body would change for the movie. If anything, he would probably have a wild new paint job to make him look more futuristic, just like the many old cars that were refurbished. Also if KITT were in the movie, it would only make sense that he would receive a hover conversion as well. And that would mean probably no more turbo boosting. If anything, this would help him keep up with the other "ordinary" vehicles around him and would be part of the trend in 2015. :)
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:52 pm

KNIGHT RAIDER wrote: There is also a connection with Battlestar Galactica, where the red eye scanner light on the Cylons are the same as KITTs scanner.
About that, I have recently bought the Battlestar Galactica game for the PS2 (the game would be amazing if it wasn't for the insanely big difficulty and the very bad saving system) and I have noticed in the cutscenes that the red eye scanner of the Cylons sounds extremely similar to KARR's scanner from TDR (not KvsK). See what happens when the same man is the creator of both shows :P (for those who are not aware of it, Battlestar Galactica was created by Glen A. Larson, the same man who created the Knight Rider.)

MaximumOverdrive
Volunteer

Post by MaximumOverdrive » Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:18 pm

Lyn wrote:I think KITT would've been out of place in that movie. Sorry.....
The 2nd "Back to the Future" movie was strange enough to me without KITT's proposed cameo.
Mabe if Marty went into that nostalgia store and saw KITT in the showroom and grays almanac would be on the next table.