How Did You Come Up With Your Name For KRO

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.I.A.N
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

How Did You Come Up With Your Name For KRO

Post by K.I.A.N » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:36 am

Mine took forever. I sat at the register for an hour trying to find the right name. KATT KELA KILLA KARA KATTE KELLY. I finaly came up with KIAN but then I wasn't sure thats how you spell KIAN :shock: So I spent another hour trying to spell it right (falls off of chair) THEN IT WOULDNT EXEPT MY PASS WORD OR EMAIL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Some how I finaly got register (Going through hell and back.) and became a member
Fan Of The New Knight Rider!

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:49 am

I thought of a Knight rider episode. I believe it was Circus Knight where Michael went undercover as a stunt driver named Turboman for a Circus. KITT was hooked up with all sorts of lights. Bonnie was amazed. Great episode. 8)
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:20 am

Actually for me, KnightCrusader is something I have used for years now. If I remember correctly, I was trying to come up with a name for Battle.net (back in high school Starcraft was the game of choice among the geeks and such). I loved the name, so I registered it on AIM and most other online services. Apparently, some other people have thought of the name too, because alot of the places it was already taken.

A Note on the 'already taken' part, the weirdest encounter with that was last year some weird freak left me a message on my livejournal (that I hardly use anymore) saying something that I stole his name from him. It was really funny they way they wrote it too. I laughed for days lol.

edwardknight2005
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2005 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:52 am

My screen name comes from an original Character I wrote in 1985. I still use Edward Knight in some fanfictions, and I figured I would use that as my screen sign in name here at KRO. by the way Neps, I love what you've done with the board it's great

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:16 am

I think my name is self explanitory. :D
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:00 am

Fantine is a character in one of my favorite musicals/books: Les Miserables. She's a rather depressingly tragic character; but I like the name. :)

I figured anything KR I could come with would have already been taken; so why not borrow from my other fandom?

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:34 am

I lurked for quite a while before joining KRO because I had never been part of message board before. So I had a lot of time to think about the name I wantd. Like Turboman Knight, I was thinking through episodes I liked and trying to come up with something interesting. I narrowed it down to either knightshade or Craven and obviously decided to use knightshade. It seemed to fit better.

Although, annoyingly, it is used in a lot of places so I pretty much end up being dknightshade everywhere but here. Oh well.

Trivia question -- Obviously knightshade came from Deadly Knightshade. Anyone know where Craven's from? :wink:

Knightuser
Rookie

Post by Knightuser » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:47 am

Nice topic K.I.A.N!

Well, my username isn't that creative, but as I am a Knight Rider fan, all I wanted to do was to get registered as fast as possible. So, I picked up KnightRider and added the user.

I didn't want to use my nickname (below) because Knight Rider is something special... :wink: :D
Navig

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat Jan 22, 2005 1:42 pm

Self explainitory.........

It's what I do! :D
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Red Rider
Recruit

Post by Red Rider » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:00 pm

My username came from the color of my own Trans AM, I know it's not very original but it fits very nice to my car .

Josch Schulz
FLAG Operative

Post by Josch Schulz » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:24 pm

Josch Schuklz is my on charakter, it is the child of Jennifer Knight. The Boy Josch has the Name of Jennifers Lover

Josch

Bumfluff
Volunteer

Post by Bumfluff » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:08 am

Well mine comes from (n o it's not what you think! >=D) the fact that back in my high school days I was the first and only guy in my year to have a beard. Plus it's my username on every forum I subscribe to otherwise I'd forget what my login name was! :lol:

Cheers

Jase

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:26 am

KITTfan wasn't my first choice for a nickname, the ones I thought first were already in use. Since I like KITT the most in the show, this is what I came up with.

-KITTfan-

Crovax Ws-6
Rookie

Post by Crovax Ws-6 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:19 pm

this is the same name i use on all the other boards i am on.

hot knight
Operative

Post by hot knight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:34 am

I choose hot knight because I had just got done watching some KR and one of the eps was the one with the trucks where they picked Hot Knight for Michael and KITT's handle. It was my very first choose too. I love David Hasselhoff and KITT. They make each other and the show wouldn't be KR without the two of them.

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:51 am

Well back in 2001 I registered for a cardomain account to show off my then stock 92 Firebird. It asked for a user name. I never had registered for any chat board or anything so I had never given any thought to that kind of stuff. I was in the Army at the time and F-bodies are a hobby so I just combined the two.

Since then all the message boards I've registered with have had the same name for continuity. I've lurked on KRO since about 97 I believe but never posted till 02. The name kinda has no meaning anymore since I ETS'd from the Army in October (honorable number three, thank you very much :) ). Given my current line of work I'm considering changing to PsychKnight. Offcourse in a few years it'll probably be Airforce F-Body :lol: .

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:28 am

Army_F_Body wrote: Airforce F-Body :lol: .
Now that name has got me thinking about a Trans Am with an wings, American flag, a Camo paint scheme, and a machine gun. lol

"Michael, why not Silent Mode?"
"Because we got the camo look so we'll blend in with the bushes. They'll think its a plane or something."
"Well thats the thing, I am a plane."
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

AtariKnight
Operative

Post by AtariKnight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:46 am

Mine's boring, Knight rider is from the 80's and Atari is an 80's computer game brand, So I put the two together.....though I should have called myself syzygy?

Which is what Atari use to be called!
Last edited by AtariKnight on Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:49 am

At least you didnt call yourself ColecovisionKnight. :lol:
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:59 am

Well my name is pretty boring as well. Obviously it's taken from the episode but pretty much because my other ideas for a name had already been taken. Out of frustration I used an episode title. I wanted to use Knightshade ("Deadly Knightshade" was one of my favorite episodes growing up) but it was already taken and then I realized it was one of the moderators. I chose Lost Knight not only because of the episode but I figured since I am a struggling college student looking for direction it kind of suited me. :wink: Fortunately that episode isn't brought up too much so there isn't too much annoying confusion.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

vampire knight
Rookie

Post by vampire knight » Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:42 am

I used to simply post as Gus on the old board. People would always ask why I didn't have a Knight Rider based nick...So I can't remember exactly when, but I came up with Vampire Knight. My freshman year of college I was known as the vampire because I'd stay up all night and sleep during the day. So I just combined that with me liking Knight Ridre and thus my nick.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:11 am

Hey, Vampire Knight! Great to see you here too. :)

I used "Fuzzie Dice" Because I made a yahoo account with it. Though it's FuzzieDice6000 because FuzzieDice was already taken there. It was for getting into The 6000 Club - a car club for Pontiac 6000 owners and enthusiasts. I thought it was pretty cool so it became my new online handle (I've had a few of them over the years I've been on the 'net and before that, online services, BBSs, etc.)

It's not Knight Rider related but it's car related. Dryden (my Pontiac 6000) sports a nice 3" pair of black fuzzies with white spots. :)

BTW, I use Fuzzie Dice in other forums too like Zabaware's Ultra Hal Assistant (AI program) forum. :) Otherwise I use my domain MetroSpectre in others.

Phoenix915
Operative

Post by Phoenix915 » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:58 am

I didn't take my username from Knight Rider. I took the 'Phoenix' part of my username from an idea for an animated miniseries I had. It was just a happy accident that it's similar to the pilot's title. :D '915' came my birthday, September 15th.

knightrider3000
Volunteer

Post by knightrider3000 » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:16 pm

when i signed up everywhere on the net was talking about the project name for the new KR film was knightrider 3000 so i thought what the hell and hence forth i shall be know as KNIGHTRIDER3000

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:18 pm

Lost Knight wrote: I wanted to use Knightshade ("Deadly Knightshade" was one of my favorite episodes growing up) but it was already taken and then I realized it was one of the moderators.
Sorry. :wink:

Are you the one who was posting as Knightshade224 for a while?