What feature would you like to see in the NEW KITT?

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:20 pm

Oh my, where I have been for the last 2 1/2 years? LOL I had my son in 2002 so I have no idea what is out in the real world.

Is there a website for those Knight Rider noses for the 4th generation transams?

Becky

Jayn
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Jayn » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:16 am

Well I do like KITT to have a commerfege ability so he could chage apperences..

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:30 pm

A Laptop computer; DVD access; phone access not just to the Foundation; and upgrated hard drive; eliminate the braking system from the 4th season and the super pursuit mode. Or at least the stuff with the hydrolics. I will write more as I think of it.

OH infared technology. Being able to intergrate and receive/send information to a PDA sort of a thing.

I would also upgrade the comm link. It would have a data display that Michael would be able to actually see pictures and the like.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:22 am

Knight Girl wrote:Oh my, where I have been for the last 2 1/2 years? LOL I had my son in 2002 so I have no idea what is out in the real world.

Is there a website for those Knight Rider noses for the 4th generation transams?

Becky

http://www.roblouisell.com
Brian - Knightdriver.com

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:30 am

Thank you Knight Driver :wink:

Becky

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:21 am

Lets face it, they will use a car that no one will like (okay maybe a few will), but common sense would hopefully point them towards the same choice they made for the series.... a domestic car, not too fancy but futurisic looking. I mean in 82, as well as now, the Trans Am wasn't much but it could turn heads and had the power. They MUST stay away from ricers and other imports (don't want this turning into Fast and the Furious 3), and definately stay away from Ford cars (logic speaking.... Ford was in TKR, TKR flopped, so Fords are crap, and also personal disgust towards the car maker).

I mean we all want them to make it a 2002 T/A, and I agree, that is the best choice for the new KITT. But it is a slim chance they would use an outdated car to promote a new movie. Hopefully they also don't wait for the T/As in 2007 to come out, cause I hear those are going to be FWD V6 cars at best, like the Grand Prix and Monte Carlos were when T/As and Camaros were out.

Okay I guess I got my ranting out. I hope it made some logically point. LOL. It was mostly a stream of consiousness rambling. Lets just hope they make a smart decision for the new KITT.

-Steve

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:31 pm

It would make sense to make Kitt a 2002 but I'm sure diehard fans still want the old 82....I myself don't mind either way because I think Kitt would look awesome either year. There is just something about a TA that rocks.

For the Herbie movie, they are still using 63 ragtops instead of the NEW Beetle so you never know if they will use an older model TA for Knight Rider but I think old beetles are easier to find than old TAs

Becky

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:36 pm

As a compromise, with all the abilities of car customizers out there and such, they COULD use a 2002 T/A or even a sunfire, just fix up the shnoz a little bit. The 2004 Sunfire has that "wicked" look in the front.

I think it'll be quite hard to get a newer model Pontiac to be more like K.I.T.T. was because the 82 T/A's had those pop-up headlights and these days you rarely to never see that on newer cars. For those that know, those pop-up headlights had a very bad habit of getting STUCK that way - either up or down. How many of those I see driving during the day with one left up. So I guess they decided against that design after awhile. But if they blackout the headlights on say, a Sunfire, and put in a contoured scanner, you'll have one kick-ass modernized K.I.T.T. in my opinion.

And that's coming form someone who's not too happy about the newer Pontiacs they have out now. :)

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:38 pm

The new movie could feature both cars.. with a "changing of the guard" type aspect in which KITT get's his new body.. Everything could be remarkably similar to the original, and the techie [whoever that gorgeous girl ends up being] can install the new items into the new KITT..

AP

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:44 am

I think that there should be a feature that KITT can turn into a human to disguise himself, as a hologram or transform himself in some sort of way. As for the movie they must bring the original KITT back, the lovely 82' Black Trans Am!!!!

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:42 am

I seem to remember reading fan fictions that had KITT in a human form. Awesome reading. http://www.fanfiction.net

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:07 pm

Yeah, I like the idea of KITT in human form and it was even discussed at length on this board somewhere. Personally, I think KITT should look somewhat like a young Brent Spiner. :) Well, maybe slightly older.

I was meaning to draw a good picture of what I think he'd look like as say, and android. But I just never have the time. :(

But I wonder if people seeing the movie, particularly for old time's sake, would even latch on to the idea. KITT was always a robot car in a Trans Am. That's what I would like him to be in the majority of his parts in the new movie.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:16 pm

I plan to draw my versions of K.I.T.T. and K.A.R.R. as humans once I get the time and passion to get back into drawing...been quite awhile for me, but I plan to make them sometime soon.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:29 pm

theknightrider wrote: But there is and has been talk of a new Firebird and Camero coming out in 2007.
Sorry, but the Firebird isn't coming back. Bob Lutz was quoted as saying something to the tune of "Firebird's time has come and gone."
(Since Pontiac has the GTO).

In 2007 the Camaro is scheduled to return.

For the new KITT, I'm all for the HUD and the holographiic projector.
krfan1

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:16 pm

Well, if more sign the petition at SaveTheFBody.com, maybe enough people can convince Pontiac to change their mind and put out a Firebird and/or Trans Am as well, eventually.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Oct 24, 2004 1:42 am

If the Camaro will be making a return, it is more than likely that there is hope for the Trans Am. The problem, however, is that they were discontinued because they basically were muscle cars and were very expensive, had little passenger room, and were not very fuel efficient, and in comparison with "rice rockets," or other cars inspired by The Fast and the Furious, the decision was ultimately made to discontinue them. Although both cars weren't introduced at the exact same time, I have a lot of faith that if the Camaro returns, so will the Trans Am. The only thing I'm worried about is if they will be reconfigured to have less of a muscle car style and cater to the "rice rocket" style.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:36 am

Lost Knight - That's what I'm afraid they will do. I see nearly every car style these days looks like a Honda and I HATE that! I mean, I've seen some nice ones. There's quite a few ricers in my area along with some well-kept 3rd Gens. And even a few bugs and a PT Cruiser or two. :) But mostly Honda-looking types (what I guess you're referring to as "rice rockets").

When Pontiac came out with the GTO, I was pretty disapointed. I loved the old styles they had in the 70s and 80s mostly because you could go down the street and you'd KNOW what car was what. I think the motorcar companies are shooting themselves in the foot because people see cars on the road, don't know what is what so they buy anything that LOOKS similar, and end up maybe even buying a brand's competition!

If they want to compete, they should be more original in design. Stylish, trendy but original.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 2:57 pm

Here's a link with some info on the 2007 Camaro

http://speed.supercars.net/boardpics/20 ... illera.jpg

Oh well, looks like instead of buying a new T/A after college, I'm dropping an LS1 or LS2 into a third gen T/A :twisted:

Not that I didn't have that planned anyways, looks like I might do it sooner htan I thought.

krfan1

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:49 pm

"There will be no Pontiac Firebird. In a conversation reported by Ward's Auto World, GM product boss Bob Lutz acknowledges the end of the Firebird by stating, 'Firebird's day is gone.' We doubt anybody but hard-core Firebird enthusiasts will care though."

Yeah, who cares about the hard-core enthusiasts, right? Well that pretty much sums it up. Sigh. Maybe some things are better off left alone than brought back and changed for the worse. I think they will have to incorporate some features in the 2007 Camaro to make the car more affordable and more appealing to the younger generation.

Afterall, one of the main reasons these cars were killed-off in the first place was because they were too expensive for younger drivers to buy and just didn't appeal as much to them. I think the overall opinion in the Ram Air Trans Am's case was that it was too aggressive looking. In my opinion it was one of the best looking cars on the road. I think cars such as the Mustang sold well and were extremely popular (though not as fast as Camaros or Trans Ams for the most part) because they were much more affordable and appealed more to younger drivers.

JJSoCrazy
FLAG Assistant

Post by JJSoCrazy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:47 pm

That really sucks, I really want the Firebird to come back, I personally think it looks a lot sleaker and cooler than the Camaro, and what is the reason anyway?

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:16 am

OK!! Bringing this topic back to life.. This is a an overall collection of the more realistic new features that could be incorporated into the new KITT.. I have just copied and pasted from peoples previous postings so i make no excuses for other peoples spelling skills! :P

- Submersible Mode [i know.. it's very 007.. ]
- Real Time DNA Sampling [remote link to the backbone of every conceivable database]
- Complex Analysis on Forensic evidence [more so than the original series]
- An occupant ejection system that doesn't look as if it would break the legs of the driver or front-seat passenger
- A cup holder
- Visible "real-world" car dashboard features, like air conditioning/heating vents and radio
- Stun gun (aka KR2000 movie)
- RFID tracker (Radio Frequency ID is real technology - a very tiny chip now appearing on some products on some stores to track where the product actually goes when removed from the shelf. There's been some privacy concerns about this technology as well, so I hear).
- The ability to knock people out temporarily from within the car using gases.
- On-board cell phone
- Holographic projection system which could, say, produce an image of a person, and KITT would also be able to control what the hologram says. Maybe even be able to project Michael himself if needed. KITT would be able to project just about anyone, really. Would be a neat feature if not overused.
- Internet access?!?!?!
- Or maybe something to shoot nets or something to capture criminals with.
- I think we could see the Passive Laser Restraint System activated with some cool effects around the driver, and turbo boosts without miniatures (and hopefully without CGI).
- I'd also like to see them integrate a heads-up display in the windshield
- Well I do like KITT to have a commerfege ability so he could chage apperences.. [Cloaking effects]
- OH infared technology. Being able to intergrate and receive/send information to a PDA sort of a thing.
- I would also upgrade the comm link. It would have a data display that Michael would be able to actually see pictures and the like.

Regards
AP