Knight Rider Virtual Season Five

Archive for discussions from 2004. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Industries 3000
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Virtual Season Five

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:13 pm

By season four, I think it was fairly obvious that Knight Rider was becoming a bit long in the tooth. As "kewl" as super pursuit mode and convertible mode were, they stretched credibility beyond even KITT's AI. It's probably safe to assume that, had a fifth season ever come about, KITT would have developed even more wacky technological "upgrades."

Let's imagine what a season five might have been like...

Season Five Premiere
Title: "Knightlight"
Synopsis: Garthe Knight returns with a new plan to destroy Michael and KITT! Using long-forgotten files from the Knight Foundation, Garthe has constructed the ultimate battle platform: the Mobile Operating Plutonium Energized Destroyer -- MOPED! A black moped with an artificial intelligence (voiced by Fran Drescher), Garthe's latest armored menace is equipped with a photonic protoplaser. MOPED's photonic protoplaser makes short work of KITT, and Garthe kidnaps Michael and forces him to watch reruns of My Mother, the Car. Meanwhile, back at the Foundation for Law and Government, Devon, Bonnie, RC3, and FLAG's newest engineer, Gerardo Guadalupe (played by Ricardo Montalban), rebuild KITT, equipping our favorite T-top with another new feature -- the ability to transform into a humanoid robot -- the KITTobot (played by Andy Dick). KITTobot rescues Michael, and together they destroy MOPED and send Garthe into a bottomless pit to uncertain doom. RC3's motorcycle is accidentally destroyed, but Bonnie and Gerardo promise to replace it with a high-speed golfcart. As Devon, Bonnie, Gerardo, and RC3 share a hearty laugh, Michael and KITT speed off in KITT's new super duper pursuit mode, in search of new adventures!

Someone write about episode two! :lol:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:28 pm

I thought TKR was a KR 5th season in a sense. As for the KITTobot, I've read fanfics where they did KITT into android, robot, humanoid, etc.

Would be interesting. Especially since KITT attracted the girls and Michael ran off with them leaving KITT alone in the parking lot. Then it'd be KITT's turn to get back at Michael for all those years of that. :)

And maybe KARR would return too... and who would play KARRobot? How about Vin Diesel? :)

Now THAT would rock! :shock: :P

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:29 pm

And Andy Dick is too geeky for KITT. KITT should have short black hair and look pretty darn hot - just in the same way the Trans Am did. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:56 pm

If there ever were a KITT (or even KARR) android there's what I'd envision it as:

KITT: Played by someone that looks like a rather young Brent Spiner, looking much like this:
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/galle ... spiner.jpg

KARR: Played by someone that looks like a rather young Vin Diesel, looking much like this:
http://www.hipmonkey.com/justforfun/pic ... 2-03-a.jpg

I think it'd fit. :)

Arjun
Operative

Post by Arjun » Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:33 am

I thought TKR was a KR 5th season in a sense. As for the KITTobot, I've read fanfics where they did KITT into android, robot, humanoid, etc.
Hmmm...the KITT/KARR robots would look like Punch/Counterpunch from the Transformers, wouldn't they?

Knight224
Operative

Post by Knight224 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 8:17 am

Hey that's pretty funny - I see fan fiction coming on - but something about KITT becoming, eh, humanoid, is a little not right. :lol:
Knight Rider 2day 2morrow 4ever

Leaving the forum May 3, 2006. (Losing internet connection.) Thanks for all the wonderful memories!!! -- Dropped in Feb 18, 2008 to say 'hi'.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:20 pm

I don't know why not. I already like the car, and it'd be wild if he was a guy too. ;)

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:41 pm

I guess I should have been more clear in my description of KITTobot. By humanoid robot I meant something along the lines of a Transformer -- but a metallic human, rather than resembling a mechanical condor or dinosaur. With computer graphics being practically nonexistent in 1986, KITTobot could be portrayed by an actor wearing a cheesy costume, a la Megazord in the various incarnations of the Power Rangers. :lol:

I thought Andy Dick was an appropriate choice given how... um... prissy KITT seems to be at times.

Knight Industries 3000
Operative

Post by Knight Industries 3000 » Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:50 pm

Scroll about two-thirds of the way down this page for some so-so concepts of KITT and KARR as Transformers.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Jul 30, 2004 12:37 am

Pretty cool actually. Pics taken from http://www.livejournal.com/users/shibam ... 11160.html >>>

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:51 am

How about making K.I.T.T and K.A.R.R transformers. That way they can be in car mode as well as robot mode. And then you would see the wheels, headlights,windshield, everything. That would be way more believeable. To me anyway.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Fri Jul 30, 2004 7:43 am

I don't know whats wrong with the pics I posted earlier... Having problems with the server I guess..

Here they are again:

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:27 pm

I never liked transformers. :( I would rather androids. :)

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Fri Jul 30, 2004 9:12 pm

But with transformers - you can still operate them., Not with androids. Besides I would love to see a battle between Kitt, Karr and Goliath. Could you emagine Kitt And Karr together trying to defeat goliath. That would be the only time that they would work together. :lol:

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:24 pm

this reminds me of a cartoon in the early 80s, i dont remember the name, but it had some high school kid who wore a red letterman's jacket, who if he got hot, would turn into a red trans am, and if he got cold, would turn back to a human (or maybe revearse of this, i dont remember exactly)

Goldwings
Rookie

Post by Goldwings » Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:10 am

pdennis93 wrote:this reminds me of a cartoon in the early 80s, i dont remember the name, but it had some high school kid who wore a red letterman's jacket, who if he got hot, would turn into a red trans am, and if he got cold, would turn back to a human (or maybe revearse of this, i dont remember exactly)
That would be Turbo Teen! It only ran for 12 eps, and those eps are incredibly hard to find. Twas one of my favorite shows back when it ran for the second time in 87 (not too sure on the year). :)

paul e l
Recruit

Post by paul e l » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:11 pm

i remember that cartoon!

Goldwings
Rookie

Post by Goldwings » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:58 pm

Handzus' Stupid Fro
Operative

Post by Handzus' Stupid Fro » Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:24 pm

And it would be nice if Michael and Bonnie actually hooked up for once - finally. There was some crazy tension goin on between those two!

knightshade
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightshade » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:27 pm

Handzus' Stupid Fro wrote:And it would be nice if Michael and Bonnie actually hooked up for once - finally. There was some crazy tension goin on between those two!
You know on one hand, I agree with you, but on the other, it might have just ended up like Moonlighting. Probably best they didn't. :wink:

Handzus' Stupid Fro
Operative

Post by Handzus' Stupid Fro » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:18 pm

You know on one hand, I agree with you, but on the other, it might have just ended up like Moonlighting. Probably best they didn't.
Maybe so, but Bonnie is WAY hotter than Sybil! (I think thats her name.) :?:

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:20 pm

I don't know about you guys, but for me...knowing how David was a sort of a "lady's man" in his days...he probably had an affair with some of his co-workers on the set. After all, he is good-looking and since he is the star of the show, women will find it hard to resist him when it comes to romance. I'm not saying that he hooked up with Patty at some point in the series, but to me, it would certainly be possible.