Knight Rider + Street Hawk = The Wraith?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider + Street Hawk = The Wraith?

Post by Sith » Tue Dec 16, 2003 12:41 am

KITT

The "Turbo Interceptor". AKA the Dodge M4S PPG Pace Car

Jesse from Street Hawk

The Wraith

Maybe its just me... :?

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:48 am

I always wondered what it would be like if the Knight Rider car went against the Wraith car. They both are black, do what no ordinary car can, and are completely indestructible (few exceptions for KITT). But Sheen's car doesn't talk. And Hasselhoff's car can't come back without a scratch. So if they went against eachother, which one would be better off?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:46 am

looks like charlie sheen's biker clothes are something out of a charity shop.

love the way the poster deceives you with his appearance which looks totally different to what's on the poster to the photo.

not the first time it's happened though, i can count lots of film posters that have done the same.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Dec 16, 2003 10:15 am

If I'm reading you right Skav, I think you are saying that the people in the two above photos are the same? I believe the top one is from Street Hawk, the bottom is Charlie Sheen. If I reading the labels correctly, then I would agree that the Street Hawk version looks out of a charity shop..

Sorry if I am wrong..

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 16, 2003 11:42 am

ah, sorry for the confusion.

I have never seen 'street hawk' so i just thought that both the poster and pic were from 'wraith'.

my mistake.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

86chvs10
FLAG Recruit

Post by 86chvs10 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 3:10 pm

i think that the wraith and knight rider the wwo cars were pretty even. but i like the wraith's motor better than kitt's becuse the sound of the motor sound's cooler then kitt's motor does. but think that they can about the same speed. there pretty even to me.

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:12 pm

What was the deal with movies and TV shows about black cars that did what no other could back in the 80's?

ROAD WARRIOR was made the year Knight Rider started. Mad Max driving his black V8 interceptor through the desert which could go at turbo speed. Til it got destroyed by Wez and the Toadie.

THE WRAITH was made the year Knight Rider was canceled. The black car was also driven by a man who did not exist. He starts out as one man, then comes back as another. Was this a way of redoing KR?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:28 pm

The 'road warrior' wasn't the first mad max film. the original was made in 1979, that featured the car too.

Skav

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:03 pm

Yes Skav, I know, I used to have all three of them on VHS.

MAD MAX (1979/1980)
MAD MAX 2/ROAD WARRIOR (1981/1982)
MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME (1985)

The first one was theatrically released in Australia. It was brought to America a year later with the voices dubbed over by Americans. Rumor has it that Mel Gibson dubbed his own voice.

The second one was released in Australia theatrically just like the first one. But unlike the first one, it also came to the big screen in America a year later. They kept the Australian voices that time.

Mad Max gets the black V8 Interceptor in the first movie after his wife and infant son are slain by the motorcycle gang terrorizing the town. He spends the last 20 minutes driving all over the country looking for each and every biker until they all are dead and he's had his revenge. Seen this happen like 18 times.

Mad Max returns with the V8 Interceptor in the second movie which is after a nuclear war that wiped everything out. He is driving it all over the desert with his canine companion. Til it runs low on gas and he spots a compound with just what he needs. But after he finally gets what he needed, the gasoline pirates who want it all for themselves sneak up on him and blow the black car up. Seen this happen like 17 times.

I know you already know this stuff, but just showing you I know about the Mad Max story. They show stuff at the beginning of Road Warrior which are clips from Mad Max. So I know RW is a sequel and the original is MM. Used to watch them all the freakin' time til I got tired of them and decided to dump them.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Dec 16, 2003 9:02 pm

you're right, i did know all that, you just made it sound like RW was the first film without a mention to the original but i am guessing you referred to RW since it came out at the time of KR.

i had surmised this as i wrote that last statement but was checking.

btw, you used to own the third? what garbage.

Skav

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 8:31 am

Skav wrote:btw, you used to own the third? what garbage.
Well, to tell you the truth, I dumped the VHS copies. But I now have MAD MAX and ROAD WARRIOR on DVD. Don't care to have that stupid third one. I think it's so dumb, it shouldn't have been made. BEYOND THUNDERDOME isn't anything like the first one. It's only like the second one by being a story about a bleak future.

I don't ever watch the DVD copies though cause I saw them like 17 or 18 times on VHS. Looks like I just watched them way too much. I can not see these again for several years.

Note: The DVD version allows you to watch the original in the actual Australian language. But you can select it to be a version with the American dubbed voices.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:16 am

OT! OT! :cry: *throws toys out his pram*

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:17 am

lol, Sorry Sith, but just one more quick note: We (the UK) only have a barebones dvd version of Mad Max 1, with the original australian soundtrack the only option.

But I dumped that copy and imported the american special edition which is great, the american soundtrack is very cheesy but it helps you americans that can't understand the aussies.

Skav

ColeGrad01
Operative

Post by ColeGrad01 » Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:51 am

Sith wrote:OT! OT! :cry: *throws toys out his pram*
Sorry to stray off topic on your thread. But the way you were comparing the black car in THE WRAITH to KITT, it made me think of Mad Max's V8 Interceptor. I always compare those two.

Say, speaking of Mad Max, doesn't GOOD DAY AT WHITE ROCK seem a lot like the first MM movie? It is about a town being terroized by an evil motorcycle gang. They tear up people's cars just like the bikers in MM. And these guys are taken out in the end by an ex-cop driving a superior black car. Don't they sound just a lot alike?

GDAWR made me think of MAD MAX the first time I saw it.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:10 am

I couldn't resist this . . .

Click HERE to see . . . The KITTERCEPTOR . . . !

(For the benefit of those on slow connections, it's a 226KB animated gif file.)

MKnightRider82
Rookie

Post by MKnightRider82 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:34 am

Very interesting that you have THE WRAITH car with KITT's red scanner. It looks more badass than KITT. Maybe that's what the car should look like if they do a new show. But I think it would need a more fearing voice if it looked something like that. William Daniels's voice would be too weiner sounding for something tough looking like that.

EdwardKnoxII
Operative

Post by EdwardKnoxII » Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:35 am

Something that looks that mean should have KARR's voice.

knightman
Operative

Post by knightman » Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:19 am

g'day guys. love this thread of comparing cars.
I have always wanted my own kitt. but ta's are very rare
down here. I always thought if i got my hands on an xa/xb falcon from madmax i would build the outside like mad max and inside like kitt.
Oh well one can dream. :dash: