Knight Rider Online

Archive for discussions from 2002. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KIFT
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Online

Post by KIFT » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:07 pm

Well In The Game section is it possible to create a screenshots section?
beacause it would be great if we could take our pics and then upload them there.
Just an idea

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Online

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:27 pm

The section that we do have of the game screen shots were provided with permission by Davilex. In order to continue to hold a favorable relationship with them, the site will only hold those screenshots that they approve of.

knightimmortal

Newcastle knight
Operative

Knight Rider Online

Post by Newcastle knight » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:29 pm

how about we make a whole new messageboard for the knight rider game ????

argh ! so many separate posts on here, its doing my head in ! hows yours KnightImmortal ??? lol

scott

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Online

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:40 pm

I lost my head about Friday. Trust me, I have brought it up to Neil, but he doesn't want to go that route just yet. (or at least he didn't the last time he and I discussed it.)

knightimmortal

CK
Operative

Knight Rider Online

Post by CK » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:36 pm

Imagine what this place will be like when the movie comes out. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Cheri

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Online

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:52 pm

I can't wait for it... the movie will bring us new members and maybe new publicity, and it will be fun to discuss our takes on the movie when it finally comes out.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CK:
<STRONG>Imagine what this place will be like when the movie comes out. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Cheri</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CK
Operative

Knight Rider Online

Post by CK » Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:58 pm

Oh I'm anxious for the movie too(don't get me started LOL!) I just can't imagine all the newbies created by it! WOW! A total Knight Rider revival! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheri

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Online

Post by krfan1 » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:29 pm

It will be a boom town....eerrr a boom board [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Nick

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Knight Rider Online

Post by March2875 » Tue Nov 12, 2002 8:55 am

Why do I get the feeling I will be one of few who will like the KR Movie and most everyone else will hate it. I mean I happen to like KR2000 and TKR seems like nobody else does because they sure do take a lot of bashing. I do prefer KR2000 to TKR. Yet I wouldn't mind seeing both KR2000 and TKR continue on.

[ November 12, 2002: Message edited by: March2875 ]

Digitalmovment
Volunteer

Knight Rider Online

Post by Digitalmovment » Tue Nov 12, 2002 9:35 am

I wouldn't Jump to you being the only one that will like it just yet. As fans we are al bound to look for the best points of any KR remake. No matter how well or awful it's done. I personally didn't care for KR2000 but loved the TKR series. I mean I searched high and low for 2 months after they axed it just hoping.

KARR

Skav
FLAG Operative

Knight Rider Online

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 12, 2002 1:49 pm

I've always had this funny feeling they're gonna create this mega futuristic looking car for the new film....something out of the ordinary. they're obviously gonna have to do something original and cool if it's to get a theatrical release but i have a feeling they might take it a bit TOO far.

to tell you the truth, i'm pessimistic about the whole thing.

Skav

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Knight Rider Online

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Nov 12, 2002 2:06 pm

It's almost scary how much pressure is on to make KITT look good for the film. The casting and script will have an impact of course, but if they mess up KITT the rest of the movie will fall apart.

I compare it to Jurassic Park. The plot was pretty flimsy, but as long as the dinosaurs looked good, they could carry the entire movie. That didn't work as much for the sequels. Once audiences accepted the dinosaurs, we started looking for good storylines. And even though JP2 & JP3 made lots of money, they're hardly the "classics" that the original was.

The Knight Rider sequel movies (just being optimistic) will need to have real solid scripts if they are to continue as a franchise. But to get the ball rolling, I think the most important part of the first movie will be to give us a good KITT.

Mike

Skav
FLAG Operative

Knight Rider Online

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:23 pm

I agree but on a sidenote to JP: me and my family all saw the original when it was in theatres and I'm sorry to say that I got used to the dino's pretty quickly and my dad fell asleep in front of the film. I didn't think it was up to much good but strangely enough, I did prefer the second film. Not seen the third yet.

Skav

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Knight Rider Online

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Nov 12, 2002 6:40 pm

We saw them filming the city scene with the T-Rex running down the street. I saw Jeff Goldblum, but didn't see any dinosaurs. Must have been in his trailer.

Mike

CK
Operative

Knight Rider Online

Post by CK » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:44 pm

If my son saw what you typed Mike he would be tracking you down for details! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] He loved those JP movies and he's such a dinosaur nut! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheri

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Knight Rider Online

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:29 am

I liked KR2000 because they at least tried to keep some ideals of the original series. As long as they keep to some of the ideals of the original series, rather than creating Mission Impossible, and slapping the Knight Rider name on it to take advantage of the franchise, I will be ok with it. Keep to the ideals, and a lot of people will still keep a warm spot in their soul for the new movie. Ditch those ideals, and there will be a spew war.

knightimmortal

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Knight Rider Online

Post by K.I.T.T » Wed Nov 13, 2002 12:35 am

The only thing they could do to the movie that would get my back up is make KITT into something stupid....the red Dodge in K2000 was too much for me....even if he is black would be good enough for me...

K.I.T.T

KITT431
Recruit

Post by KITT431 » Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:03 pm

You guys are absolutely right. If this movie is going to be good, they need a great K.I.T.T. Without a great K.I.T.T. we will not enjoy the rest of the movie as we would with an outstanding K.I.T.T. And the car in K2000, should have been black, like the original, even though they had to change the car completely.

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Tue Dec 17, 2002 1:02 am

I think the biggest thing that people are anxious about is what KITT will look like in the new movie. Everyoone is waiting for the new KITT.

Nick

JL
Operative

I just hope we can stay positive about the film...

Post by JL » Tue Dec 17, 2002 9:00 am

I just hope that everyone here on the board can maintain their positivity toward the Knight Rider movie as script and story details, casting details, details about the new KITT, info about David's involvement, and other stuff comes out in the press.

Being a bigger Star Trek fan than a Knight Rider fan, I post over at the TrekBBS a lot more frequently than I do here. Having been a first-hand witness (and participant) to the goings-on over there, I think that at least half of the blame for the box-office failure of the newest film, Star Trek: Nemesis, can be placed squarely on the fan base, which systematically bashed every element of the film -- before any of it had been placed before studio executives, test audiences, or film critics -- to the point where it was almost impossible to have any positive thoughts about the movie.

Now granted, things are different here. We've been in the desert, while the omnipresent glut of Star Trek in the media has left those fans jaded. No new Knight Rider has been produced since 1998 (although for me, the drought extends back to 1991, since I never could get into TKR). We haven't had nationally televised reruns for 2-3 years now. We've been jerked around by Columbia House on release schedules for the videotapes, not to mention their threats to not release the entire series. But now things are starting to change, what with the new game, SciFi airing the reruns, and the revised edition of Joe and Richie's book now available.

I just hope that everybody here is able to keep a positive mentality toward the movie from now until whenever it gets released. What the Star Trek fan base did to Nemesis broke my heart; let's not blow our big chance to finally see new Knight Rider adventures up on the big screen, especially if there's the chance to make it into a franchise.

OK, I'll get down off my soapbox now. Sorry; didn't mean to preach or anything... :)

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:05 pm

I can't agree with you more JL. When people get overly picky about the smallest details (ie: the new KR game- the taillights are wrong, etc, etc) Change is inevitable, it's gonna happen. It has to happen if the series is to survive. Now I'm not saying I wouldn't mind seeing KITT in his old form, but 99.9% chance we won't see him in his old self in the new film.

Nick

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:58 pm

I think there is a flaw in the Trek argument. The hardcore fans that try to scope out every detail of the movie are going to go see the movie anyway, regardless of whether or not the early buzz is good. The moderate fans are the ones who can be swayed to wait until it comes out on video. Nemesis' less than stellar openning had more to do with the almost universal bland reviews it got from newspapers, CNN, magazines... Middle America isn't digging through Star Trek newsgroups to figure out what movie they should go see.

I think we'll see the same thing with Knight Rider. This newsgroup and other webpages have some limited influence on the teeming masses, but one well-placed television commercial can have more impact than an entire year's worth of our online campaigning.

I definitely think we should keep a positive outlook towards the movie, but I'm not too worried about negative discussions sprouting up. That's the nature of the beast.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Wed Dec 18, 2002 5:23 pm

jurassic park was a great movie. i was more into the action then looking for a plot line.
the second and third ones weren't that great; but the third was probably the worst one. it's hard to remember which one was which since they were both similar. i just remember in one of them that had tea leoni (sp?) my mom kept wanting her to get eaten cause she hates her guts.

speaking of fathers falling asleep in theaters due to bad/boring movies, the new harry potter i went to see with my parents, not half way into the movie, my dad fell asleep. i didn' t think the movie was very exciting. sequels are rarely ever as good as the originals.

now, for KR2000. i liked this movie. although there were parts i didn't agree with.. like devon dying and that new red car for KITT. KITT always liked black better.. just "quiet, basic black." as he said. so, perhaps they didn't do enough KR research and made him red. :P

i only saw one episode of TKR, mainly cause i didn't get it in my area and i was on vacation at the time and was able to catch an episode. i thought it was pretty stupid. the only place it really kept my interest was during the car chase scene(s). just cause i'm an action freak. i didn't think this series deserved the KR name cause the whole motto of the series was "one man can make a difference" and TKR was completely the opposite.. there were like, 6 of them? i forget. and the cars were awful.

*stretches* okay, onto the new KR movie. i am very excited about this. very optimistic about the movie. david's in on it so you can be sure it'll follow the original KR motto and stuff. I would like to see KITT be the '99 pontiac trans am, myself. if they have a newer version that's good too. but i am just afraid of the movie going too futuristic. it would be nice if it was set in the current time frame. or maybe a few years ahead or something. things often get silly by people going overboard with the whole futuristic look. just look at back to the future. :P (the future part.)

and i believe i am done rambling.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;