4th Season Shifter

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

SlamminSammy
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

4th Season Shifter

Post by SlamminSammy » Thu Jul 24, 2003 5:48 pm

Hey all, whats up? I was just watching my ep of Killer KITT and I noticed that the 4th season shifter had lights under the indicator where the gear shifter was placed. For instance, "D" would be lit up and you could see the light faintly in "N" and "2". Same for everything else, too. How would you go about constructing one of these things, with the lights under the indicator? Thanks in advance....

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:29 pm

I know my 1983 Camaro didn't have light up indicators, but my 92 T/A does with the parking lights on or headlights up.

Maybe you could find a late model third gen to strip out all the wiring on. The Firebird was kinda re-designed in 1986 so imagine all 86-92s would have that feature.

Then I guess re-wire it so they would stay on with or with out the lights on.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:13 am

That was only the sound stage mock up. The real cars didn't have that option. It was there for show only. You will notice when they show him shifting there is no dash sitting on top of the dash support.

After closely looking at the photo's on the Knightreplicas site, the dash is there but is set back about a foot further than is should be. Look under the sky Knight archive about half way down and look for yourself. Its weird.....

http://www.knightreplicas.com/library/KITTandKARR.asp
Brian - Knightdriver.com