Kickstarter: Hollywood Sci Fi Museum

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Kickstarter: Hollywood Sci Fi Museum

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri May 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Here's an interesting project...

http://www.hollywoodscifi.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There is a kickstarter program to create a Hollywood Sci Fi Museum. It would feature large interactive exhibits from all of the major SciFi franchises: Star Trek, Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica, Firefly... It would have a "Hall of Cars" and they already have plans for there to be a KITT.

Future long-term expansions include an adjacent sci-fi themed hotel and convention center, specifically catering to SciFi fans. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to host a bunch of Trans Ams and Mustangs some day. Even if we didn't have a fully-dedicated Knight Rider convention there, it would certainly attract a lot of other Cons where we could join in.

Take a look at the site. It really is an ambitious and cool project. If you want to join me and pledge some money, just make sure you read through their spending plan. They hope to raise $83,000 which will not guarantee the museum itself, but will instead pay for the consultants/lawyers/staff who will then gather corporate sponsors to build the actual museum.

The Board of Directors includes many writers and designers from the Sci Fi world, which I think adds some clout to the project. Yes, one man can make a difference, but it doesn't hurt to have Ronald D. Moore (Trek, BSG) backing you up.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

tharpdevenport
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Kickstarter: Hollywood Sci Fi Museum

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:08 pm

I'd love a "Star Trek: The Next Generation" one, 'cause what some people don't realize is those touch-screen buttons on some of hte consules, were actually touch screen -- kind of break through technology from the early '90's back then.

I can't find it, but somebody snuck into the set late at night to film. They went around, touched things, moved things, before a security guard came and almost caught him (or maybe he did catch him, who knows).

We learned that that box on the curved consule in Engineering with the large window, it actually moves around on a tract around the curve (which was never shown in the series or the first movie which had the Enterprise D).

A recreation of the semi and K.I.T.T. would be fun, but there's only so much intereaction to be had and only so much to see.

If only we had seen more of the mansion and Bonnie's work area, there could be more.

Put it in Texas or Florida with no no state tax and low to no business tax, so more profit can be made and encourage the existance of such sets.

Ah, hell, can you imagine a 42 story Enterprise D hotel? Visist damn near every room possible. A collosol waste of time, but fun nonetheless.
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Re: Kickstarter: Hollywood Sci Fi Museum

Post by jup » Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:52 am

tharpdevenport wrote:Ah, hell, can you imagine a 42 story Enterprise D hotel? Visist damn near every room possible. A collosol waste of time, but fun nonetheless.
They could easily do it in Vegas. Visitors would just eat that theme up. Be perfect for a restraurant and a bar. Plenty of themed rooms for the hotel. And, just imagine all those themed touch screens, running gambling games. Gift shop would most certainly push the Trek jumpsuit. Amongst other stuff. Why, imagine the potential for merchandise prizes via a new age 3-D printer joined with some smoke and mirror illusions for replications. Personally, I've always thought that target practice holodeck scene could be possible with prop phasers that 'shoot' red laser beams at moving dots across the walls.

I mean, if they can build a ferris wheel that's hundreds of feet high and has booths that can hold nearly a hundred people per car...