Intro Season 2 scene confusion.

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

LMolineux
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Intro Season 2 scene confusion.

Post by LMolineux » Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:27 am

Hello Everyone there is one scene in the intro to KR in the second season. Where Michael and KITT are driving in a tunnel. Does anyone have a clue of where that scene came from? It looks wierd being there and not to see it or was it in an original aired ep to never bee seen ever again or was it a filler?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Apr 19, 2003 2:11 am

Are you sure that there were absolutely no tunnel scenes used in season 1 or two? It seems to be stock footage that was later used in other tunnel scenes such as KITT Vs. KARR, (just lit up more), and Knight Strike. (3rd season, but still stock footage reuse) Also could have been from Goliath. (I'm going off of memory here, I'd have to watch the episodes closer. :) )

KI

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sat Apr 19, 2003 5:27 am

Could it be the scene where Micheal honks the horn in the tunnal...and kitt says "Micheal really...honking the horn in a tunnal?" (good day at white rock?)

I did notice that the tunnal has a foot path on either side of the road and lights along the roof. If you look closely theres actually someone standing on the left hand foot path. :)

It almost seems like they are driving into an underground building or some kind of entrance tunnal or something whihc leads them somewhere...but can't for the life of me think which episode it would be?
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knight rider uk
Rookie
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Sat Apr 19, 2003 9:16 am

that line"honking ln a tunnel"is from kitt vrs karr oh and that tunnel scene in season 2 creds has been bugging me as well
----------------------------------
i am knight industries i am a? will you please repeat the question

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:14 am

i know which tunnel scene your meaning i think.

a side front view of KITT quite close up with the scanner going and the pop up headlights on ????

arrrrrrr i cant remember which episode its from but i can remember it happening coz michael and KITT are talking for a bit then when the finish KITT overtakes the camera car. It might be from 'Nobody does it better'

not quite sure.

Scott

sofchance
Rookie

Post by sofchance » Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:37 am

Well I can say that I personally looked during all of season 2 for that particular shot and I never found it. Either it was cut out for the edited reruns or it was simply a stock shot that was never used.

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Sun Apr 20, 2003 9:16 am

Almost Everything actually everything can be identified in all the intro's but for that one only scene in the 2nd season. That is kinda funky even if they used an alternate angle you could tell it was for real and was used in the show.

Joe Huth
FLAG Operative

Post by Joe Huth » Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:29 am

Lee,

That tunnel shot was unique to the second season opening credits. It was never used in ANY of the 84 episodes, not even in the uncut versions. The tunnel scene from "KITT vs KARR" is similar, but a different shot.

The season three opening features KITT driving with two bombs blowing up on either side of him. This is a cut scene from "Lost Knight", but from a different angle.

Interesting, huh?

Joe

LMolineux
Recruit

Post by LMolineux » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:41 am

Joe Would you mind Emailing me please? I need to ask you some questions please?

Also yeah i knew it was from Lost Knight i could tell easy.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Apr 21, 2003 6:03 am

I wandering if the tunnel scene is from one of the montages they did to show Kitt driving for a long period of time or covering a huge distance...
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 8:01 am

Hmmmm. What about the scene where April picks up the phone? Where was that from?

I really liked that tunnel scene but it would have been better as part of an ep. Real cool.

*After a nice holiday, Knight2000 returns to the fora*

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon Apr 21, 2003 11:44 am

since we are talking about opening credits and what scenes came from what episodes

im curious about kitt turbo boosting through that big class thing on the truck during the season 3 credits (it appears right before or right after he is shown getting shot from the right side by a machine gun, im just too lazy to go check the tapes to see, lol)

anyway, what episode is that from?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:45 pm

The big glass thing on the side of the truck that got KITT smashed through it, if I remember correctly is from Halloween Knight, while KITT and Michael are chasing the gorilla that tried to run Michael down.

KI