KITT colour

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT colour

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:26 pm

Was thinking about this last night as I struggled to fall asleep.

KITT in S1 isn't black but a kind of blue-grey colour. What colour is it? I remember seeing a T/A down in the south west of England a few weeks back that was the same colour (it didn't hit me it was a T/A until after I'd passed it).

Was KITT just plain black in S2/3/4 or was he a specific shade of black?

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Re: KITT colour

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:32 pm

I thought he had a tinge of a navy blue in certain light but then just figured it was the camera angle or the light he was in...I'll have to look more closely in the future...
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:22 pm

The color was just "Black" for 1982 Trans Ams and of course our beloved KITT. It's GM paint code 19.
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:51 pm

K.I.T.T. is a shiny mirror polished black.

The blues (and sometimes purples) you are seeing are the reflections off the environment around the car which is typically driving out against a blue skyline. You'll notice when KITT is under artificial lights like the semi, the car is more solid black.

=VK=
:dash:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:34 am

Wow I did not know that. Thanks!

Does anyone know what shade/tint of black KITT was? There are so many different types of black.

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:13 pm

i paint my replica with spies/hecker base deep lacker black and believe me is the darkest black in the market!!

AZKNIGHT
Recruit

Post by AZKNIGHT » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 pm

The Universal KITT was GM paint code 19. But unless you're a real stickler for authenticity, I say paint your KITT whatever color black looks best to you! :D
Long live Knight Rider! Check out my conversion in progress at [url]http://www.azknightindustries.com[/url].

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:01 am

yes ofcourse!the problem with some black colours are that some of them in the sun turn to dark brown..or dark grey!take a look at black cars in very sunny day when they are direct under the sun in the midday...you'll notice it!!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:37 am

I still think black is the best :kittside: :kitt:

Richard
Recruit

Post by Richard » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:10 am

Knight007 wrote:I still think black is the best :kittside: :kitt:
Yes I too think that black is the best color!
At its best, entertainment is going to be a subjective thing that can't win for everyone, while at worst, a particular game just becomes a random symbol for petty tribal behavior.
-John Carmack

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:29 am

Just one note from an artist here but if you really want to sound intelligent in a conversation with someone, point out that black is not actually a "color", it's a "tone". A color has hue and black is the absence of hue along with gray and white.

Just a fun fact even though most places like car dealerships will still list black and white as a "color option".

;)

=VK=

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:34 am

Even KITT washappy with "basic Black" as he called it in an episode, KvK i think, maybe it was TdR?
There was an officer suggesting that Michael paint KITT a different color to avoid confision with KARR.
:kitt: :karr:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:31 pm

Victor Kros wrote:Just one note from an artist here but if you really want to sound intelligent in a conversation with someone, point out that black is not actually a "color", it's a "tone". A color has hue and black is the absence of hue along with gray and white.

Just a fun fact even though most places like car dealerships will still list black and white as a "color option".

;)

=VK=

hey you are absolutely right there but the problem especially in the automobile world is that the factories are painting several cars with a different tone of black..i see in a paint shop infront of my eyes mixing original colours to fix cars....i can asume you that...gm..mazda..ford...toyota...nissan...all of them use as a base the basic black..but..in each factory they add different additives..for instance..in mazda black they add about 20ml blue per kilo!in toyota black they add about 10ml grey and 10ml dark brown per kilo...thats why every black is different!