Knight Rider in an Anime!

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider in an Anime!

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:35 pm

I found this on YouTube just now,althouugh I don't know if you've all already seen it though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BBPegjQ0J8 The language is Japanese,but there's subtitles!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Re: Knight Rider in an Anime!

Post by HungarianKnight » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:43 pm

Although the story is more than ROTFLMAO, Kitt is beautifully represented in Anime style. I always wanted to see that.

Plus Michael merrily eating some Jap food while Kitt driving his marbles out... priceless :D

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:05 pm

KITT does look amazing beyond words in anime...Why can't we get a KR anime,using characters(and original cast members,and KITT's voice actor is a must)from TOS?Plus it would be great to have KITT in an anime form! :mrgreen:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:22 pm

With the new Dark Knight movie, and even the Matrix movies, there was an anime released with or a week before it's release that had to do with the source material. I think it would be really kool to get some sort of backstory done in anime form that would tell the story that would bridge the gap between the TOS and the new show. Imagine getting to see Michael Knight and the original KITT's last ride together, and what led up to the retirement and the original foundation... 8)

:kitt: :karr:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:28 pm

Nice Find Sky Blue!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:47 pm

:lol: Haha, I dunno about the four front wheels but yeah it did look nice.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:10 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote::lol: Haha, I dunno about the four front wheels but yeah it did look nice.
I noticed that too.Maybe it was for copyright reasons,and they didn't want to get sued by GM or Glen A. Larson?
And the KITT in that anime was the voice of the original Japanese dub KITT! :mrgreen:
Petition #9

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:21 pm

scottab21 wrote:With the new Dark Knight movie, and even the Matrix movies, there was an anime released with or a week before it's release that had to do with the source material. I think it would be really kool to get some sort of backstory done in anime form that would tell the story that would bridge the gap between the TOS and the new show. Imagine getting to see Michael Knight and the original KITT's last ride together, and what led up to the retirement and the original foundation... 8)

Speaking of Michael Knight and KITT's "last ride",if they had to kill KITT(which I hope they don't ever),I just hope they'd give him a heroic death instead of falling victim to somthing(remember the acid pit?),or being deactivated.I don't think Michael would ever let KITT be deactivated and disassembled.And they'll bring him back just like in Junk Yard Dog! :good:
Petition #9

dag268
Rookie

Post by dag268 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:22 pm

I like it. :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:49 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote::lol: Haha, I dunno about the four front wheels but yeah it did look nice.
I noticed that too.Maybe it was for copyright reasons,and they didn't want to get sued by GM or Glen A. Larson?
And the KITT in that anime was the voice of the original Japanese dub KITT! :mrgreen:

Nah, Japan gets away with a lot of things that couldn't be done here when it comes to copyright and image likeness. But aside from that, it's parody so it'd probably be protected either, I know it would in the US.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:05 pm

Well that was bizarre, cool though. Knight Rider has a way of popping up everywhere.

And who's CHITT? ^_^
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:27 am

Very cool find there Sky Blue Civic, thanks for sharing.

=VK=
:dash:

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:44 am

cloudkitt wrote:Well that was bizarre, cool though. Knight Rider has a way of popping up everywhere.

And who's CHITT? ^_^
In the Japanese dub of KR,KITT is called CHITT(it's the way KITT is pronounced in Japanese). :mrgreen:
Petition #9

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:55 am

scottab21 wrote:I think it would be really kool to get some sort of backstory done in anime form that would tell the story that would bridge the gap between the TOS and the new show. Imagine getting to see Michael Knight and the original KITT's last ride together, and what led up to the retirement and the original foundation... 8)

In my dreams, that has already happened, long ago. Will I ever make a reality of those dreams? Who knows. One thing is for certain. I've waited too long to flesh them out. For my KIT3T now just looks like a pale copy cat of the up-and-coming show's KITT. Those whom didn't know how long I've planned on the fifth season of stories might think them uncreative, now.

That's OK. Plight is 272 pages already and barely begun.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Isn't Chit also a soup if I recall right? And it's sometimes pronounced (almost?) like sh--. :-P I never had the soup though. I do like Chinese food and wonton soup is my favorite. :)