The new Knight Rider VS the old one.

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Bear_Spirit
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The new Knight Rider VS the old one.

Post by Bear_Spirit » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:49 am

I would like to know what people think about the new Knight Rider Movie compared to the old Knight Rider Series. I know this has been discussed in this forum, but I would like to know more in detail what is missing in the new Knight Rider compared to the old Knight Rider. I personally prefer the old Knight Rider.

I didn't like the new Knight Rider if I'll compare it to the old Knight Rider Series because I missed Michael Lounge, but I still think it's a good movie which I have mentioned earlier in this forum.

This is a great forum for Knight Rider fans b.t.w. The best one I've seen so far, and to be honest: the only one I've seen so far.. :-)

Friendly greetings.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: The new Knight Rider VS the old one.

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:45 pm

In all fairness, perhaps it's too early to be comparing the two at this point. If the backdoor pilot didn't get renewed for a series, it would be easier to compare, but I suspect a lot of changes will be made once it goes to series. I'd like to wait until I at least see a whole first season (hopefully it makes it that far) before I really compare.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:44 am

There are alot of things I would change..... firstly would be the car..... :mrgreen:
It is rightly said that no one can compare the two until the first season is made... but I hope that they don't do everything in the first season and run out of ideas..... TKR ahad that problem and so will this.. if they aren't two careful.
Anyways back to the topic at hand.... I cannot compare series, but I can compare pilots. The new one spent alot of time trying to get the story align with the old one and still did not manage to tie up alot of loose ends. The old one kept the story plain and simple.
The old one had alot of stunts... but this consisted more of repetitive jump after jump after jump.... It also did prove the car was an all powerful weapon that could not be stopped.
The new one tried to get that image across, but it gave us a more realistic glimpse of the current world. While one is capable of inventing a talking car... it is nevertheless a computer and today's world is no short of brilliant hackers. :?

I would have loved to see the Mustang do more, but hey... there is only so much you can put into a TV pilot. Now I hope get put into a series and we can really see what the Mustang can do...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:19 pm

I think you guys are confused since this is the board for the theatrical film due out in 2010, not the new backdoor pilot/TV series.

We have no info on the film yet so there's no way to compare anything.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightjp
Rookie

Post by knightjp » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:03 am

I'm getting confused....
There is another movie coming out???
Wonder what the story would be.....

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:57 pm

Topic moved to "NBC New Knight Rider 2008" forum.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com