there is a car that keeps appearing in the show

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

katz112
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

there is a car that keeps appearing in the show

Post by katz112 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:06 pm

Hi Fans,

I have been taping shows that I don't have for the past few weeks and also have been putting a tape in when I'm bored, and have noticed something.

I find in almost every ep there is a mysterous white bug (VW Beetle) that shows up. Watch some ep's and see if you can see it. I think the cars in the show are extra's and are meant to be in the shot. The bug has a strip down the side. :shock:

Anybody see anything else "strange" in the series???

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

well....

Post by pdennis93 » Fri Feb 07, 2003 11:40 pm

dont know if its strange, but in "knight racer" the car that the blue plymouth destroyer car slams into (owned by the woman that michael is with) is a red 1983-1984 thunderbird identical to the drone cars used in "knight of the drones"

coincidently, the bad guy plymouth has a funky spike thing on the front that sort of resembles the magnetic piece used on the front of another plymouth, that of the villian car in "custom made killer"

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:32 am

I think in the episode of Give Me Liberty... or Give Me Death (I think that's the right one, the one where they had various cars racing on alternate fuel supplies, like alcohol and solar powers, and whatnot...) had some small symbolism. We see an orange Dodge Charger, the same kind that the Dukes' General Lee is. The guys who are driving it are "southerners". And by the explosion that destorys the Charger and its racers, it may have been the shows way of saying "The Dukes are dead, watch more Knight Rider."

Of course, I could be wrong. Its like my "KR being a parody of the Independence of America in 1776".

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Feb 08, 2003 8:44 am

About the Herbie Beetle...

It's in the episode 'Blind Spot' a lot ! and its their on purpose but i dont know why. Its in the car park at the start when john gets shot, then michael and KITT overtake it when they are chasing the porsche, and then it passes them when they are racing the Gastners place to save julie. i think it might of been at the hospital aswell.

i dont know the story behind it but their must be one.

Scott

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:05 am

I've noticed the same stretchs of road being used on several episodes. :)

I watched Voodoo Knight the other day, and I swear KITT drove down the same highway he did in the Pilot episode! lol

Mind you, they could have reused shots from older episodes I guess.

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:01 am

Yeah it was stock footage. Knight Rider used stock footage of the driving scene's in just about all the episodes, some a lot more than others though.

Scott

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:23 pm

find in almost every ep there is a mysterous white bug (VW Beetle) that shows up. Watch some ep's and see if you can see it. I think the cars in the show are extra's and are meant to be in the shot. The bug has a strip down the side
Its Herbie the love bug!

He and Kitt had a secret affear just before Kitt became a big TV star...and herbie stalked him through-out the period the show ran for.

Herbie made several claims that they had a love child in the form of a black motor-bike, who later went on to have its own show called "Streethawk"...but Kitt continuesly denied ever having anything to do with herbie.

:lol:
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:19 pm

LMFAO!!! Oh thats just too funny... Lol.... but who knows.. Herbie was sentiant and was EXTREMELY moody.. lol.. anythings possible. <grin>
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Mon Feb 10, 2003 1:40 am

Rockatteer wrote:
Its Herbie the love bug!

He and Kitt had a secret affear just before Kitt became a big TV star...and herbie stalked him through-out the period the show ran for.

Herbie made several claims that they had a love child in the form of a black motor-bike, who later went on to have its own show called "Streethawk"...but Kitt continuesly denied ever having anything to do with herbie.

*dies laughing* :lol: Oh! That's a good one! But yes, even I noticed the VW bug, in that case maybe he was cheering Karron, cause I think Karr went past a VW bug in Trust Doesn't Rust if I'm not mistaken.

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Mon Feb 10, 2003 8:08 pm

I saw it in today's ep in a parking lot at the begining of the toe truck chase...
I think Rockatteer has a good plot bunnie... would make a funny "Behind the seens" of Knight rider fic/

Grrate stuff. :lol:

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Mon Feb 10, 2003 9:12 pm

Would be funny to see a scene of like Kitt and Karr fighting over herbie, or something, would explain why Karr's so moody. :lol: :P

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:46 am

Rockatteer wrote:
find in almost every ep there is a mysterous white bug (VW Beetle) that shows up. Watch some ep's and see if you can see it. I think the cars in the show are extra's and are meant to be in the shot. The bug has a strip down the side
Its Herbie the love bug!

Before Street-Hawk this love child was in the movie "Dirt Bike Kid."
http://entertainment.msn.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?m=176235

(This should be a RR, or RP)

CK
Operative

Post by CK » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:03 am

Ok, ok how on earth can two male vehicles have a kid??? :shock:

Cheri

Katt
Operative

Post by Katt » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:06 pm

Adoption? They got a serogate female car, or something. :lol: :P

TT Snim
Operative

Post by TT Snim » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:49 pm

I may be going off topic here... but didn't some onr in another thread say that Kitt was origionaly a female car... but Bonnie changed Kitt to a he-car?

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Feb 11, 2003 2:50 pm

Uh, either that came from the novelization, or it was somebody's fic idea.

KI

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:24 pm

Well, I like the fic that has KITT find a line of code in his programming that turns him HUMAN! I guess hes pretty hot, cause Bonnie sleeps with him.. lol...
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:25 pm

KITTvsKARR wrote:Well, I like the fic that has KITT find a line of code in his programming that turns him HUMAN! I guess hes pretty hot, cause Bonnie sleeps with him.. lol...
I'm glad I don't read these fan fictions. I get the distinct impression my view of this show would be permanently skewered...

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:28 pm

So don't read em if you you don't want to, just don't slander what you don't know.

At least the fic writers are out there putting their imaginations on screen for those who want to read, rather than spending their time complaining.

KI

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:31 pm

knightimmortal wrote:So don't read em if you you don't want to, just don't slander what you don't know.

At least the fic writers are out there putting their imaginations on screen for those who want to read, rather than spending their time complaining.

KI
Welp, I did read one fan fiction about where they "rehabilitate" KARR. It was pretty good actually, quite believable.

But KITT turning human? And having sex with Bonnie? That seems to cross a few too many boundaries no? :roll:

No insult intended, just the world according to Mike O'Hara.
Last edited by Darendor on Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KITTvsKARR
Operative

Post by KITTvsKARR » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:31 pm

I dunno.. that one I think is by Lady Knight... and its in 3 parts do far.. read the first 2 last night.. umm.. this morning at 1 am.. I was hooked till I saw it was after 2.. so I will have to read part 3 tonight.. hopefully its finished.. I don't want to be left hanging.. lol.. not again!!
-Geno
1985 Blue Camaro
1985 Brown Firebird
1988 Blue Formula
2002 Black Trans Am WS6

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Feb 11, 2003 6:50 pm

It is called artistic license, and everybody is entitled to go their way, if you don't like it, don't read it, and don't bash it down.

The story SERIES is by Ladywolf, who has been voted by those who read her as some of the most popular TKR stuff around. I just did a collaboration with her, and it is pretty bizarre to be able to explore new territories in KR that nobody has ever explored before, or could imagine. The same goes to those who complain that the stories have a more adult feel to them. It is an evolution, not canon, the series is over, the fan fic continues. If it is not your cup of tea, so be it, just don't bash it for others who might have had an interest in it, but are turned off by some stray commentary like that.

KI

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Tue Feb 11, 2003 9:35 pm

Thanks KITTvsKARR. That story you're reading is Genesis, it sounds like. Please go and read the TKR stuff too, if you enjoy the lone KR fic (for the moment, I'm working on another off and on...it will be released in it's entirety when it's finished), you might like the other series. Just give it a try.

Darendor: Yes, I'm sick and twisted. However, I would've liked to see you come up with such an idea. I've seen many fics cross worse lines than that (i.e. 'slash', if you think mine is bad, don't read that). If you read, the Kitt/Bonnie thing just happened once. For heaven's sake, don't go read it, you might like it. :roll:

Rusti
http://rustknight.homestead.com
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com

Darendor
Operative

Post by Darendor » Tue Feb 11, 2003 10:53 pm

rusti_knight wrote:Darendor: Yes, I'm sick and twisted.
You said it, not I. And I, for one, have slightly better things to do with my time than to imagine KITT having sexual relations. I don't think Glen A. Larson would approve. But hey. Then again maybe he would.

rusti_knight
Operative

Post by rusti_knight » Tue Feb 11, 2003 11:36 pm

Yep, I said it. Crazy's good. Crazy keeps 'em away. or in this case, keeps them riveted to a fic. You should read this stuff before putting it in File 13...or at least before doing me the nicety of offering skepticism. You never know what you might be missing.

Besides Glen Larson and the writing team of KR always wanted to screw with NBC censors by giving KITT and Michael homosexual overtones, at least I gave him the courteousy of being straight. Feels more tasteful to me.

Then again...don't read it. Don't explore new things. Don't use your imagination. You'll stagnate, be bored, never go anywhere. *tips hat to you* Have fun thinking boring thoughts. At least we know you won't be joining the fic community with a stagnant mind anytime soon.
[Rus] What makes you think you've got what it takes to tame me anyway?
[Beast] ~sly naughty grin~ Experienced handling.

--From RP
DevArt: http://rusti-knight.deviantart.com