ladies and gentlemen the REAL KNIGHT RIDER

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KITT3000
Volunteer

ladies and gentlemen the REAL KNIGHT RIDER

Post by KITT3000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:33 pm

:kitt:

:karr:

:kitt2:

:dash:

KITT3000
Volunteer

Re: ladies and gentlemen the REAL KNIGHT RIDER

Post by KITT3000 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:34 pm

haha, you see this even looks better than a mustang. can you imagine back in the '80s a mustang be used. we would still be shaking our head.

The transam is what made KITT, and also KITT made the transam.

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:37 pm

i love the dashboard of the original KITT; this mustang was has a retarded looking dashboard, one oversized lcd screen is not cutting it as a state-of-the-art-car.

Drake
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Drake » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:22 pm

Jeeze quit whining about the Shelby. You'de probably been even more irriated since the first choice for the Knight 2000 was a 280z.
The Kenner Knight 2000 Voice Car. One toy can make a difference.........

superman3010
Volunteer

Post by superman3010 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:35 pm

look you guys can whine and cry and piss and mone all you want to but the fact remains that you dont matter if you dont like then dont watch it yes before i watched i was not sure about the mustang or the voice of kitt but after watching it val kilmar did a very fair job and they are doing a next gen. show it was only right that they use a different car and voice so come on guys stop whinning :kitt:

GN_WS6
Rookie

Post by GN_WS6 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Drake wrote:Jeeze quit whining about the Shelby. You'de probably been even more irriated since the first choice for the Knight 2000 was a 280z.
Actually it was one of the producers who suggested the the 280Z. Glen completely dismissed the idea and was only interested in using the Trans Am.
The real KITT was born a Trans Am.

davejames
Rookie

Post by davejames » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:52 pm

KITT3000 wrote:haha, you see this even looks better than a mustang. can you imagine back in the '80s a mustang be used. we would still be shaking our head.

Sorry, I love the original show too, but the Transam is not what "made" KITT, or made that show work. It was the chemistry between Hasselhoff and Daniels, the great sense of fun, and all the cool features and gadgets the car had on it.

If the original Transam could do nothing but talk and change colors like this new one, I doubt we'd have fallen in love with it either.

Nismo
Volunteer

Post by Nismo » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:16 pm

davejames wrote:
KITT3000 wrote:haha, you see this even looks better than a mustang. can you imagine back in the '80s a mustang be used. we would still be shaking our head.

Sorry, I love the original show too, but the Transam is not what "made" KITT, or made that show work. It was the chemistry between Hasselhoff and Daniels, the great sense of fun, and all the cool features and gadgets the car had on it.

If the original Transam could do nothing but talk and change colors like this new one, I doubt we'd have fallen in love with it either.
my point exactly. it's not just the car.

BrowncoatKal
Volunteer

Post by BrowncoatKal » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:34 pm

I think all of the complaints about the Mustang vs the Trans Am are ridiculous. The only reason people are complaining is that the original K.I.T.T. was a Trans Am. Had it been a Jaguar, then people would be crying about not having The Jag back as K.I.T.T. The problem is that you loved it back in its heyday and now someone's gone and changed some things and boo hoo! It's not a Trans Am, it can't turbo boost. The dashboard looks stupid. If you want the original Knight Rider, go and watch the DVDs. It's not like the show was revived two seasons later by NBC. We are twenty-six years after the introduction of the Knight Industries Two Thousand. The Trans Am is a dead product. Just because a few fans are loyal to the original Trans Am, doesn't mean Charles Graiman would be. When building the new K.I.T.T., he'd look for a new car, not a classic.