Bruening Injured on Set

Archive for discussions from 2007. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Bruening Injured on Set

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:19 am

From the IMDB News Page:
The star of the TV movie adaptation of hit 1980s series Knight Rider has been injured on the set. Actor Justin Bruening is recovering after getting hurt in a fight scene on Friday. Bruening injured his knee so badly he was hospitalized. The young actor will play the son of the original Knight Rider, played by David Hasselhoff, who has a cameo in the two-hour TV film.
http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2007-12-19/
- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchives.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Re: Bruening Injured on Set

Post by neps » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:18 am

Damn - Access Hollwyood is saying similar
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (December 18, 2007) – Justin Bruening, the star of NBC’s “Knight Rider” movie was hurt last Friday while filming the TV movie update of the popular 1980s show.

Bruening injured his knee so badly he needed hospitalization according to a rep for NBC, who issued an exclusive statement to Access Hollywood.

“Justin Bruening, who stars in the upcoming NBC movie ‘Knight Rider,‘ experienced a knee injury Friday afternoon while filming a fight scene,” a NBC publicity rep said in the statement. “He was taken to the hospital and was treated and released. He’s in good spirits and is looking forward to returning to work soon.”
http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah7811.shtml

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:43 am

Heres another articel, wheres written that KITT have grumbled at Justin:
http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry ... /800029547

"Next time, I finish him. This franchise is mine, baby!" :lol:
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:40 pm

I heard about it over the week-end; I didn't want to post until I saw how it shook out. He dislocated his knee shooting a stunt on Friday. I haven't gotten an update, so I don't know yet how serious it is. I was told that If he didn't tear anything, they can shoot around it, and get him back to finish some crucial scenes in January. Hopefully it's not more serious. I'll let you guys know if I hear more.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:17 pm

Without knowing any of the details...

Hopefully this means Justin is really getting into the part and doing some of his own stunts, which is always good to see. Maybe he's getting a little TOO into it for his own good.

(or maybe he simply tripped on a cable on the way back from the lunch table)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:13 pm

Sounds like he tries really hard making this good show. It's another similarity to the original show, didn't Hasselhoff too wrecked one Trans-Am while doing some car stunt at some point in the show? I don't know if he got any injuries in the accident but after that they didn't let him do more stunts. I don't know if that helicopter scene in Just My Bill was before or after that accident though, it was really cool scene.
Maybe they don't let Justin do his stunts either anymore. I hope the injure isn't anything serious.

scottab21
FLAG Recruit

Post by scottab21 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:19 pm

Well, I thought most of the shooting was already complete, except for what has to be done in post (Jan.). If this thing is THAT action heavy, then it sounds like they might be doing this right, like the original series which had Micheal Knight running around, fighting, and even catapulting out of KITT... I wish Justin the best in his recovery, and hope it's nothing serious. :kittspin:

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:23 pm

scottab21 wrote:Well, I thought most of the shooting was already complete, except for what has to be done in post (Jan.). If this thing is THAT action heavy, then it sounds like they might be doing this right, like the original series which had Micheal Knight running around, fighting, and even catapulting out of KITT... I wish Justin the best in his recovery, and hope it's nothing serious. :kittspin:
It's interesting that a lot of people thought that filming was completed. It most assuredly is NOT. They were on a full 24 day schedule, shooting 6 days a week from the 26th of November to the 22nd of December. Justin has a number a pivotal scenes still to shoot. And yes, he was really getting into the role, and doing a lot of stuntwork (although I bet they won't let him do as much from here on out.)

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:31 pm

I hope he has a speedy recovery. The news that he's been released from the hospital is reassuring. And it certainly sounds like the fight scenes and his stunt work are going to pay off. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.
:kitt2:
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: