Knight Rider Game PS2 Version: Review (SPOILERS)

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:38 pm

He was cool in The Fast and The Furious, where acting wasn't required. Face it, how many people remember the 'amazing acting' from F&F? It was about the cars, the action, the speed, the warped storylines to make it cool. And to be honest, some of the camera work was sheer crap to make it total eye candy for willing eyes. Just associating F&F that deeply makes me cringe.

And $40 million is still not bad, they might actually count on real stunts, and storyline rather than overbearing eye candy.

And Dim Weasel basically has one acting speed: Duuuude, don't make me smash your face in.

KI

Sith
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Sith » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:47 pm

lol... I could draw comparisons with Mr T...

"Damn fool... not gettin me on no plane..."

The sad state of the current movie industry means that the majority of money is spent on salaries and special effects.

And with Terminator 3 breaking the bank at just under $180 million, I don't see Knight Rider having anything major stuntwise.

I don't see the modern crowd of cinema goers warming to a Knight Rider movie that is predominantly about acting, especially with the series reputation for Turbo Boosts etc.

I think they will be expecting nothing less than a "balls out actioner", and will be disappointed.

Anyway, I would be glad to be proved wrong, but taking this debate back to the topic at hand, I don't believe a game on the movie would be a viable move. Movie Tie-ins are reknowned for being cash cows of poor quality, and ultimately the series offers far more in background matrerial to be used.

p.s. Where are you Davilex....?