Best of Knight Rider Dvd

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight rider uk
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0
Location: somewhere over the rainbow way up high theres the one that i dream of once in a lulleby.

Post by knight rider uk » Tue Nov 11, 2003 2:44 pm

ive checked in hmvs and they say its out on 17 november with teh best of the a team out the week after i hope thats the case oh and i like that cover i hope they dont wait 2 long before they relise some more dvds maybe the next ones will be a 1st season box well we can but dream

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:09 pm

hmm...well it seems that everyone have different dates... i would stick with the original date of 24th

Nick

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:27 am

Did anyone else here recieve notification there there DVD was shipped today? I ended up keeping my order just to get a good knights work... was surprised to get tracking and shipping information about it today 3 days before its suposed to be released....

- Ken
The Knight Rider Fan Game Project:
http://www.theknightrider.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:46 pm

I just tracked my order for the DVD, and it says it was posted yesterday!
Could this mean i get it tommrrow??
It would be great if i did.
Sadly i am working all day Tommrrow :cry: but if I get in at 7;30 pm and it's arrived i know what I will be doing tommrrow night :D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:34 pm

well, play.com still have their's as due for release on 24/11/03 so it's defo not being shipped from there yet.

don't know why others are shipping it now. if they are shipping it early from the 24th, then that's illegal.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Nov 22, 2003 2:22 am

Skav wrote:well, play.com still have their's as due for release on 24/11/03 so it's defo not being shipped from there yet.

don't know why others are shipping it now. if they are shipping it early from the 24th, then that's illegal.

Skav
Illegal by what terms? Netflix always releases movies a few days prior to when they are supposed to come out. I had T3 and Finding Nemo days before there release. Either way its not like this DVD has some ground breaking date to be released on like major motion picture, its a 21 year old TV Show. Further more Amazon.co.uk and HMV.co.uk both had it posted as a November 17 release date if you want to get technical. Either way by shipping when they did I will have my DVD on the 24th. Didn't think it was that big of a deal, I just think its cool considering I'm in the US that I will have this DVD on the day it was supposed to be released rather then waiting for 5-6 days after it comes out.There all episodes I've seen a million times over again anyway. :D

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:25 pm

I recived my DVD Saturday morning 22nd nov.
They haven't made much of an effot with the start up screen,
How ever this time you can have 5 diffrent subtitle langueges and 3 audio ones as well.
I find it quite funny listening to Knight Rider in german and french!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Nov 24, 2003 12:11 am

Interesting that they decided to enclude other languages, thats a pretty smart move since Region 2 covers all of Europe, so why not. No other extras though? Can you confirm what episodes are actually on the disc?

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:36 am

and THREE audio choices? so there is 5.1?

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:25 am

The episode are.
Knight of the phonenix, Trust dosen't rust, soul survivor, Knightmare's, A good Knight's work!
The only thing I know about the audio is the 3 languges!

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:40 am

Nope, they are still Mono tracks, not 5.1 at all.

ANDREWHEARNE
Rookie

Post by ANDREWHEARNE » Mon Nov 24, 2003 2:59 pm

Got mine today will post a review when looked at

:D

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:40 pm

thats a shame about the 5.1 but i doubt there'd be much of an impact anyway.

it would have shown that they'd have at least made an effort. cos it seems they aren't with just rehashing the same eps all the time.

well, i'm in no hurry to buy the dvd. i got more important things to get.

it woulda been more of a priority if it were more original though.

Skav

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:16 pm

Skav wrote:well, i'm in no hurry to buy the dvd. i got more important things to get.

it woulda been more of a priority if it were more original though.
Couldn't have put it better myself. There's no point paying out for essentially episodes that have been previously released on DVD over here - which I already own.

Bet you it ends up in the "bargain" section inside 6 months. :wink: Universal Playback are really shooting themselves in the foot here IMO. The sales will probably be lower than the previous discs, due to the increased price and the rehashed episodes, and as a result they will assume there is no market for KR DVDs over here. This is a great shame.

If they put KITT vs KARR on any disc, it would outsell all the other discs combined IMHO. Even my non-Knight Rider friends know of the episode "with the evil twin that boosts straight at KITT."

Argh.... :x

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Nov 24, 2003 8:22 pm

now, that I would pay to have.

i can understand the rights to the music costing a lot of money, but they would more than get their fare share of profits back by selling the episodes we all want.

they'd certainly make more money than what they are probably getting now.

but, will they listen?

I think not.

Skav

Benjamin Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Benjamin Knight » Mon Nov 24, 2003 9:02 pm

I am surprised they didn't add that one! And they didn't really give you ever many episodes either... Almost a waste of money :o almost! ;)

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:43 pm

To my knowledge A Good Knights Work has never been released in the US on DVD. At least not yet anyway. That was the only reason I didn't go threw with the cancellation of my order. Kind of a steep price for just one episode, but ahhh well. Anyone also notice Knight Of The Phoenix on the UK version seems to have better color quality? May just be me though..

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Nov 25, 2003 2:49 am

well, if they have done a remaster from the old dvd, then at least that's SOME effort.

Skav

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:44 am

Everyone keeps making a big deal about them remastering old series to 5.1, but it's not really the greatest thins since silced bread.. it's too much of a buzz word. Don't believe the hype. An old series ported over often sounds flat and doesn't make use of the surrounds as well as something that was originally attended to. In the past they have been a gross dissapointment, with many fans prefering the original track because certain elements are lost. Perhaps some grand movie like Lawrence of Arabia would have a successful mono -> 5.1 conversion, but they aren't going to spend the man powered required to bring Knight Rider up to a level worthy of Dolby Digital. I'd rather have them waste their time doing something that you can actually notice, like having a stunning picture, which from seeing the previous DVD releases, they are somewhat close.

But I'm done buying TV DVDs until they released as full series.

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:42 am

Sign my useless petition neps, you know you want to. lol :P

Jonathan
Recruit

Post by Jonathan » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:03 pm

I think that they could put instead :

- Knight of the juggernaut
- Kitt vs Karr
- Goliath

and much good stuff :(

But I'm happy that they've put the french audio track
but I dont care cause english rocks :P

monstermichael
Volunteer

Post by monstermichael » Fri Nov 28, 2003 5:24 pm

EVen though I in North America I can play all regions of DVD so I will get it. I now that someday they will release the seasons though.. most of this is probably a waste but at least you will get your fix.

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:25 pm

I'm holding out for season box sets next year hopefully! I've been pleased with the season box set of Smallville that I own and I know that the Star Trek box sets have gotten rave reviews due to the bonus material and remastering of the episodes. I can only hope that whoever puts out the box sets will give Knight Rider fans what they deserve and craft an artsy DVD case loaded with at least 5 DVD's (4 for all of the episodes and 1 for pure bonus material), a good digital restoration job of each episode, great sound (I know Neps says 5.1 sometimes doesn't turn out well but here's to hoping they can clean it up nicely and split the tracks decently and make it worth the effort), awesome DVD menus (my favorites by far have been the ones on the UK Universal Playback DVD's) and loads of deleted scenes, interviews, behind the scenes pics, production extras, commentaries and maybe even a sneak peak of SOMETHING new happening with the Knight Rider Movie. Best of all would be to have the box sets affordably priced at $49 or less (I LOVE Star Trek but who in their right mind would pay over $100 for each of their DVD collections? It's over $1400 for both series of TNG and DS9 on DVD! I can't afford that!). Anyway, they better make it good, although if it's released here in the US, I'll probably buy it no matter what. :-)
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:18 pm

Jonathan wrote:I think that they could put instead :

- Knight of the juggernaut
- Kitt vs Karr
- Goliath

and much good stuff :(

But I'm happy that they've put the french audio track
but I dont care cause english rocks :P
Playback wouldn't know what episodes to put on the DVD's and this set shows it.

Irish Knight
Recruit

Post by Irish Knight » Mon Dec 08, 2003 4:27 pm

I bought this DVD set today and it is very good. The only problem is that there are episodes on it that have already been released before. Why don't they start putting on episodes that haven't been used before on past DVD's?