Goodbye to an old friend...

Archive for discussions from 2008. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jblinkinsop
Stranger

Re: Goodbye to an old friend...

Post by jblinkinsop » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:52 pm

How cool would it have been if Michael Knight would have gotten into KITT and driven away in the last scene in the movie.

Johnathan Kent
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Johnathan Kent » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:01 am

you know you guys there are plenty of fanfiction writers out there who try to keep Knight Rider alive and well, with updates to KITT or Michael...in my own fanfiction I like to use elements from the series...now the new NBC movie I may or may not...anyway, KITT and Michael Knight as we knew of them is still alive in fanfiction...
Charles Edward Untz III

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:41 am

Very true.

It's a fact from the show that KITT and the Knight Two Thousand were two separate entities. (Debate the notion of even three. We never quite were informed about how KITT had memories of total destruction in the acid pit. Though, my theory was derived from a near constant carrier wave on a unique frequency (That only KITT and KARR shared) to a main frame at the Foundation.) The car had all these electronics that made the driving, stunts, tricks and such possible. But, Kitt was a brain in a box. Pull him and the car was mindless. So, presuming that the mind of Kitt never had major circuit failure, it's totally plausable that Kitt never died. Hey. Even having KITT in a few pieces could easily mean the car was being studied to a fine degree for reverse engineering upon the Knight Three Thousand.

I would have liked to think the Three Thousand had the original MBS as an underlying defense. However, even in my planned writings, the formula that created the MBS was probably well lost by that point and nobody could re-invent it. Though, I've had a plot hole to that for the longest time. Here's the delima. KITT could analize chemical compounds from chips and even out of the air. So, how did the base compounds of the MBS escape his sensor's capacities at any given point. He did know when it was gone in Juggernauts, after all.

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:38 pm

jup wrote: I would have liked to think the Three Thousand had the original MBS as an underlying defense.
I'd like to think the Three Thousand doesn't have MBS.... yet. Charles built KITT in this garage by himself it seems, so I doubt he had the formula for MBS. But, since he is resurrecting the Foundation and Knight Industries, I think in the process he may get the formula and be able to apply it to the Nanobots themselves, so the MBS would protect KITT and the nanotech would only be for the appearance changing and rare instances where he needs repairs.

However, in the movie they said the nanotech was just there for repair and appearance change.... without the MBS how the heck could the car survive the hit from the SUV head on like that? From how they explain it, either the car would have been crushed into a tin can then repaired or they can work REALLY, REALLY fast. So, in that case, maybe KITT did have the MBS but they never said it. Hopefully they can shed some light on it in the series....

Johnathan Kent
Rookie

Post by Johnathan Kent » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:50 pm

ok here's my question...how was Charles Graiman the CEO of Knight Industries and why did he name the "FLAG-ship" KITT, The Knight Industries Three Thousand? was he friends with Wilton Knight? was he the man behind the scenes for FLAG while Devon Miles was Executive Director? ok so many questions but I'm sure will either be answered or left alone by series creators of this new Knight Rider
Charles Edward Untz III