NOw for one of my 1st questions

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightimmortal » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:38 pm

knightdriver wrote:Now if I remember my history correctly. KITT was designed by the studios to be a 82 Corvette. But, due to the unfortunate train wreck Pontiac experienced when a full shipment of trans ams derailed, damaging most of the cars, The studios took advantage of this accident and purchased these cars for use on the show. Hence, KITT in a Trans Am.

I personally don't think the show would have had a 4 year run using a corvette as I can't really see them buying all those vettes new and jumping them and what not. I think it would have limited the use of stunts in the show. Same went for Knight Rider 2000. Using a custom car like that limited what they coudl do with only the 2 cars they had, and one was a boat.

Just posting what i remember reading on it back then. If someone has more info, please feel free to ad it.
Actually, KITT was always meant to be a Trans Am (Glen Larson in the Knight Rider Legacy,) he liked the look of the new T/A's coming out, and thought that they would have worked with the show. They were more than willing to use as many as they could, because not all of the vehicles used in the show were full Trans-Ams. They were of different builds with different exterior skins that would be pulled off when damaged, and replaced.

KI