Knight Rider - The Animated Series

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

OverLord
Volunteer

Knight Rider - The Animated Series

Post by OverLord » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:13 am

:D They forgive me if the text will be half stranger, but I am a fan of the series Knight Rider in Brazil here, and I do not say English. Therefore, I am using the translator of the Google. In my opinion, David Hasselhoff could launch a series for TV: Kight Rider - The Animated Series, to conquer a new generation of fans, to launch products of the series, and to obtain money to produce the film that as much it as well as us in such a way we desire, and who knows a new series as it was in years 80, but brought up to date, as a son helping. In Knight Rider - The Animated Series, could start of the classic form where KITT finished the series, with all the equipment, but after some episodes, it would be destroyed (what it would not be newness for we) by a new version of Golias or KARR, and would be reconstructed in a more current form, but with one design that it would always remember the old KITT, and with new incorporated technologies it. It would like to know what they find of my suggestion. :D

knightfan1
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by knightfan1 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:57 pm

sounds like a good idea. can you possbily sketch any of your ideas? just food for thought.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:54 pm

I myself have considered on doing a KR animated movie, but using machinima (a combination of the words "machine" and "cinema". The idea about machinima is using video games for filmmaking). I considered on using a combination of captured footage from "The Sims 2" and "Need for Speed: High Stakes". But I decided to scrap the idea because there has yet to be a KITT made for "The Sims 2" with the "NightLife" extension (which allows Sims to own and drive vehicles. One of the animations includes Sims opening car doors, getting in and closing the door behind them, and vice-versa). Not only that, I didn't know what type of story I wanted to tell and I didn't have any voice actors. I've considered on doing a "machinima comic" (which is the same premise of what machinima is, but screencaps that help tell a story).

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:18 pm

Well about the voice acting,I can play a pretty good KARR.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:30 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Well about the voice acting,I can play a pretty good KARR.
That would have been great, Knight Racer. And still would be great. The thing is, the story I would have done is the idea I had in mind for the "Knight Rider: Legacy" DVD and poster image I made, which would have had KITT alone. However, for a "part 2", KARR might have turned up. Needless to say, the project would have required a lot of time to work on. For making it as a comic, it would be easier and take less time to complete.

OverLord
Volunteer

Post by OverLord » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:29 am

It would be very good for directing the KITT in The Sims 2: NightLife. I wait that you CB2001 or another fan obtains to make the KITT. But for people who had never known the series Knight Rider, this only went to be a different car. As I commented before, it would be good that the David and the Glenn the Larson, they launched some thing to conquer new fans, and that it killed the homesickness of old fans.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:19 pm

OverLord wrote:It would be very good for directing the KITT in The Sims 2: NightLife. I wait that you CB2001 or another fan obtains to make the KITT. But for people who had never known the series Knight Rider, this only went to be a different car. As I commented before, it would be good that the David and the Glenn the Larson, they launched some thing to conquer new fans, and that it killed the homesickness of old fans.
I would make KITT. Unfortunately, I'm not good at creating items for the game. Modifying clothes and creating sim characters are something I am somewhat good with (seeing that the only programs you need for them is The Sims 2 Bodyshop and Adobe Photoshop). However, KITT has been request by a few people over at ModtheSims2.com, but there are very limited amount of people who do the cars for the game.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:36 pm

You guys should check out the movies by lionhead studios. Its a movie making sim where you can make your own custom movies with voice overs, lip synching and all kinds of neat stuff. I own it and can honestly say you can make a whole movie from start to finnish. And the best part is when your done you can export your movie to wma file format so you can upload it on the web or burn it to dvd and watch it on your tv. You can aslo easily make david hasselhoff and everyone else using the neat star maker program that comes with it. Hate to sound like a spokes person for the game, but it is truely awesome. It plays just like the sims, but you can have movie sets, cars, and all kinds of other neat stuff. I'm going to make a knight rider movie later on when some more of the add-on packs come out. I wanted to convert the nice GTA San Andreas models that krfan and redawg made, but no one has gotten back to me with permission yet. If they so ok, I can convert the flag semi and kitt/karr models to work in this game. But nuff said about that check out the game already and start making your own knight rider episodes!

http://www.themoviesgame.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:10 pm

I was thinking of buying the game the movies.Can you make a movie for me with the closest look to Michael Knight and a car as close to kitt?Can you make a dash and a animated scanner in that game?How close to maing out our knight rider returns movie can we get?

Is it easy to use?Can I start a movie without hving to construct a entire movie studio base with all the sets I can dream up?

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:53 pm

Hey Knight Racer,

They have a david hasselhoff character you can download on the website once you buy the game, I haven't had much time to play with the game between my conversion car, and my job. people make stars and trade them all the time, like will smith, tommy lee jones, val kilmmer just everyone you can think of.

There are also cheat codes to unlock everything so you can jump right into making your movies. You should really check out some of the user uploaded movies, King Kong is great, its like 45 mins long, and has great voice actiong, that will give you an idea of the quality. right now I'm working on a friday the 13th movie in the game. You'd be very very surprised just how much control you have. Plus sometime this quarter they are coming out with a bunch of add-ons just like the sims did with hot date, livin' large, unleashed and all other 20 expansion packs lol.

As far as a fully animated kitt goes, like I said we need to get some of these GTA SA modders to help us out, I could easilly get KITT/KARR/Goliath/KIFT/Flag Semi from GTA3 into this game using the tools that come with the game the movies. I just need permission before doing so. I sent both krfan and reddawg private messages asking for permisson but no one has responded yet. I think together this community could make some really cool knight rider fan films. Especially for the people who write fan fiction, they could turn there writtings into real CG films. There are some great sets as far as a flag mansion and stuff would go.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:31 pm

Well I have worked with both Knightfan and Redawknight.Knightfan is very very busy lately and redawg might be interested.I am currently working with him and another 3d modeler on yet another kitt car in the making.

I have a fan fic I would like to see happen too.

http://www.geocities.com/roborider11223 ... alcon.html

I did that back in High school.Where can I see a preview of what the Hasslehoff actor looks like for the game?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:34 pm

This sounds like a really great idea im willing to help out as much as i can...
KEN you can use my kitt but i need to upgrade some textures on it with knight racers help :D
Last edited by ReddawgKnight on Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:46 pm

Sounds GREAT to me :) Can't wait to make this happen!

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:32 am

msKEN wrote:You guys should check out the movies by lionhead studios. Its a movie making sim where you can make your own custom movies with voice overs, lip synching and all kinds of neat stuff. I own it and can honestly say you can make a whole movie from start to finnish. And the best part is when your done you can export your movie to wma file format so you can upload it on the web or burn it to dvd and watch it on your tv. You can aslo easily make david hasselhoff and everyone else using the neat star maker program that comes with it. Hate to sound like a spokes person for the game, but it is truely awesome. It plays just like the sims, but you can have movie sets, cars, and all kinds of other neat stuff. I'm going to make a knight rider movie later on when some more of the add-on packs come out. I wanted to convert the nice GTA San Andreas models that krfan and redawg made, but no one has gotten back to me with permission yet. If they so ok, I can convert the flag semi and kitt/karr models to work in this game. But nuff said about that check out the game already and start making your own knight rider episodes!

http://www.themoviesgame.com

However, the problem I've heard about with "The Movies" is that it cannot be used as a possible machinima filmmaking tool as "The Sims 2" can. When it comes to their "movie making" mode, you are limited to preset camera angles and animations. However, for "The Sims 2", you are allowed more freedom of camera movements with the in-game camera (and extremely even more with a user hack that allows better camera movement).

Of course, people who have played it have said that the game was designed to be the thing that it was meant to be: a movie-studio simulation game. A lot of people I know over at machinima.com have stated that they recommend the game for being a simulator, not a machinima making tool.

msKEN
FLAG Assistant

Post by msKEN » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:12 am

The first expansion pack will include a Dolly Pack (for free camera movements) a Set Designer (for making your own sets and importing your own 3d models) and a Scene Maker to allow the user to set up there own scenes. Lion head is very aware of the limitations. The Sims 2 has been around for a heck of a lot longer then the movies. Of course the Sims community has made a lot of mod tools possible and such. Just need to give the movies some time to catch up. As far as it being a simulator, from the owner of the game I think its horrid. Movie Mogul is a much better Hollywood simulator by any standards. I bought it strictly for the freedom of being able to make machinima films with ease. And with this new expansion pack announced, and the community starting to make there own 3rd party tools, I think its going to become much better then it already is.

Not knocking the sims 2, if thats what you want to use then thats very cool. Seen some great stuff, but with the scene generator and dolly pack, it will be much easier to make my actors do what I want them to do, by setting them on paths, making them touch certin buttons, and so on and so forth.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:55 pm

Msken, I just bought the game the moves today.Is there a way I can discuss how to make a great kr short film with you online?I'd like to make a few animated short films for the kr community.

I went to the website and I can't find the area to download characters or in specific David Hasslehoff.What took will I need to take the cars from Vice city and import them into the game?

octopus7
Volunteer

Post by octopus7 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:20 pm

I got the movies game a while ago now, and i'm a bit disappointed with it to say the least, sure it has great potential, but Lionhead studios stuffed up by making people pay $90 (in australia) for what is basically a game with half it's content locked, the other content which includes extra sets, such as an army barracks, mad scientist lab, jungle and some others, as well as more horror based costumes, and more props, this content can only be unlocked by labouriously uploading movies that rely on the goodness of other people, to give you a fair vote, some of the most basic content, like a new costume would require the uploading of about 5-7 movies, to get enough points to purchase it, which is just stupid, i only have dial-up which i'm sure many people are still stuck with, so uploading 10-60mb files is just out of the question, the content should be freely available, how can you make decent movies when half of it's bloody locked??
I was hoping to make a knigh-rider movie, but the cars in game are limited to chryslers, and there are no jumps or any other stunts, which really sucks, hoping the first expansion pack makes the game better!

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:44 pm

I bought thisgame Sunday if you read my previous post.I too am disapointed.I thought it would be easy to make a movie for knight rider but this is nowhere near what I expected.