Hasselhoff to divorce

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

CONSTRUCTION
Stranger

Post by CONSTRUCTION » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:32 pm

Of course Pamela Bach wants visits that her daughters have with David Hasselhoff monitored. (Her official statement on her website, see for reference.) Wouldn't you, if you knew that your husband was a struggling alcoholic? He's trying to break the awful disease, but until he does, it's in the girls' best interests that they have monitored visits. And if Pamela is still in love with him, then he'll have support. But we have to remember that what goes on behind closed doors isn't what the media show us fans. To be fair, who knows what problems they were having and were masking it with smiles and family vacations? They don't want their entire lives known to the public, and David has already had enough struggles with alcoholism to know that the slightest tip to the media and everyone starts printing everything. We can't always judge a book by its cover; we don't really know what went on to lead up to the divorce, we don't really know what David is like, and while his humanitarian work and charity work is highly commendable, we have to remember that his privacy is important, and so is that of his family. Everyone can gush about how happy and energetic he is, but just like the rest of the world, he has pain and struggles too I bet, and you don't really want millions of people to know that. So remaining supportive is great, but David is the one who needs to take the step again and make the decision (a final one) to take back his life, especially if, and unfortunately if, alcohol is somehow involved. A divorce is never pleasant, but it's better to be away from a bad situation, if that was the case, and we'll never know, than to be living in it from day to day. This is just my opinion, but if Pamela felt strong enough to ask for what she did in her divorce papers, then she probably felt it was a bad enough situation to do something. Like I said, we'll never know. David's charity work is great, but he'll need even more support with the divorce, because whatever brought it on, he's going to be going through a lot of emotions that won't be very fun.

CONSTRUCTION
Stranger

Post by CONSTRUCTION » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:45 pm

And one more comment. Michael Pajaro works with Patricia McPherson in that enviromental and if he hears anything he keeps it private, the way it should be, not the way the media hound all the people in Hollywood. She's married and hopefully happyily. Jack Gill (the KR stuntman) is someone with one of those great marriages. I can't remember what year he's on, something like 27 or 28, but he's been married for a long time and he's not your standard Hollywood marriage breakup either. There has to be committment to love, to respect yourself, and to support each other in any marriage. Self-destructive habits aside, at least we have Jack Gill to look at and say he's been married a long time, respectfully and happyily hopefully. Don't know any details, and that's supposed to be private anyway, but while we need to support David, it would be realy great if he could put all his energy into acting and singing and charities and leave the rest behind.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:48 pm

Britta wrote:Update http://www.pamelabach.com/

Pamela Bach-Hasselhoff has filed for a divorce from her husband of 16 years.
Citing his chronic use of alcohol as the reason for divorce.
She has filed for 100% custody of their two daughters. 1/16/06

:(
There is NO mention of alcoholism in her statement whatsoever. Please be careful how you interpret news.

The complete text of Pamela Bach's statement is:

"Actress Pamela Bach today (13) filed for divorce proceedings in Los Angeles Superior Cour from actor David Hasselhoff after l6 years of marriage, through her attorney Mark Vincent Halpern. The couple have two children. Bach’s petition cites irreconcilable differences and asks for her to be awarded legal and permanent physical custody of the children, with Hasselhoff to be granted reasonable visitation but that it be montored, according to Kaplan. Bach, tearfully, stated “I will always love David, but I find it impossible for us to remain together at this time.”

CONSTRUCTION
Stranger

Post by CONSTRUCTION » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:53 pm

Michael, Britta is right. We know David has had problems with alcoholism in the past. It's reality and we have to deal with it. We can't just pretend it isn't there, because if we ignored it we wouldn't be supportive. And there have been many media reports saying the divorce is because of alcohol abuse, you're right, there was no mention of that, but it's a chronic disease that is hard to kick and stress makes it worse, so maybe, and we don't know this, it had a part in everything. Britta isn't interpreting anything the wrong way, it's just that in the past David has had alcohol problems, he's faced them, and to support him, we have to face it too, just as he's admitted to trying to battle the disease.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:04 pm

I'm not getting involved in this divorce mess, and I'm not taking any sides, either; it's impossible for me to do so.
I hope this matter gets settled quietly, and that it won't be made into tabloid fodder at all; it's the last thing all of them need right now.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:18 pm

I am not taking sides either, but you know thst Conan, Dave, Jay, and that scottish dude are going to have a field day with this.....
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:13 am

CONSTRUCTION wrote:Michael, Britta is right. We know David has had problems with alcoholism in the past. It's reality and we have to deal with it. ...Britta isn't interpreting anything the wrong way..
People can and will infer whatever they like about the situation. We can't prevent that. But, we CAN point out when people make statements that are completely untrue. Regardless of whether or not alcoholism was a factor, the reality is that Pamela did NOT mention it in her statement. That's not an opinion, that is a fact, and I'm sorry but it was wrong of Britta to state otherwise. In future statements, maybe it will be brought up. But it is NOT part of her statement now.

I'm sure it was just a small misunderstanding on his part, but we need to be clear when people are speculating about something, and when they are reporting facts.

Britta
Recruit

Post by Britta » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:52 am

Hey,

"Pamela Bach-Hasselhoff has filed for a divorce from her husband of 16 years.
Citing his chronic use of alcohol as the reason for divorce.
She has filed for 100% custody of their two daughters. 1/16/06"

- that is NOT MY point of view... :!:

- it was only posted at Pamelas page on Friday. Thats all.

Only the best to the Hasselhoff - Family...

blondie09
Stranger

Post by blondie09 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:09 pm

Am very sad to hear og their divorce as it is always a difficult subject.
May he get well and fin the strength he needs to overcome the hurt.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:34 pm

On a strangely related topic, Catherine Hickland, DH's first wife is divorcing her 2nd husband, Michael Knight, after 14 years of marriage.

Spacerat
Volunteer

Post by Spacerat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:18 pm

I just read this too. This is so sad. I've met Cat and Michael E Knight a few times and they always seemed to be such a happy couple. It is said that they are giung to remain friends.

knightridergundam
Operative

Post by knightridergundam » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:28 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:On a strangely related topic, Catherine Hickland, DH's first wife is divorcing her 2nd husband, Michael Knight, after 14 years of marriage.
That sucks too. And I never thought that Hasslehoff was the kind of guy to drink alot...... shocking
I'm a Geek Squad Agent
Linkin Park fan
AMD Phenom Black-Edition Quad-Code user
and I watch Knight Rider.

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:34 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:On a strangely related topic, Catherine Hickland, DH's first wife is divorcing her 2nd husband, Michael Knight, after 14 years of marriage.
Would you mind posting a link to the source of this news please KRAvenger?

From Matthew
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

psvl6
Recruit

Post by psvl6 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:42 pm

I have searched all over and cannot find any news on this. Would you post the link where you found this if you have a chance.

Thank you

Spacerat
Volunteer

Post by Spacerat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:41 pm

The latest issue of "Soap Opera Digest" reported that Cat and Michael E. Knight were seperating.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Divorce makes people do crappy things toward each other, both in and out of divorce court, so hopefully, as time goes by, things will be much better for them both and their daughters.
War is hell, but there's another accurate saying: Divorce is hell, and I know this because I'm a child of divorce myself, and it usually pains me to tears whenever I hear of celebs splitting up.
I wish both D.H. and Pamela Bach the best, and I send them both condolences during the death of their marriage, but once again, I'm not taking sides as to who's right and who's wrong.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:16 pm

Matthew wrote:
Would you mind posting a link to the source of this news please KRAvenger?

From Matthew
Can't, but it will be mentioned in this week's Soap opera Digest.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:17 pm

Spacerat wrote:The latest issue of "Soap Opera Digest" reported that Cat and Michael E. Knight were seperating.
Whoops- beat me to it.