Turbo Boost during Super Pursuit Mode

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Arroww'
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Turbo Boost during Super Pursuit Mode

Post by Arroww' » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:46 pm

I would have seen a thing like this. KITT could have jumped a whole city district! :P :twisted: What's your opinion? And, in general, do you like Super Pursuit Mode and its Brake System? :o :?:

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:42 pm

KITT might not be able to safely absorb such an impact when landing after turbo-boosting at 300 mph or more. And neither could Michael, Passive Laser Restraint system or not. And KITT would require a rather long runway to land on. Possible on an airport runway or a desert, but on a crowded city? I don't think so.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:04 am

Not the mention the car would break into more pieces than all the normal Trans Ams! :lol:
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:52 am

I like the idea of Super Pursuit Mode or SPM if you like, but I don't like the Emergency Breaking System, EBS. I think it's so unnecessary that Kitt has to open three wing-lookalike parts in order to stop. The breking as a whole is of course very useful. He really need's that kind of breaks in order to stop when in SPM, but those wings are totally unnecessary IMO and as well as that you can see a red colour when he opens his wings, wich is kind of strange.
We used to have a old black car back in the year 1990. A quite old car, so it had a tendency to break down every 100 km and so one day when we took it to a mechanic to fix it he noticed a lot of small dot-lookalike red paintings under the black painting, and guess what he said.
They don't use red as a basecolour for black. Must be some kind of error there, so it's very strange that they used red as a base for Kitt.

As for the idea of Turbo Boosting whilst in SPM I think is a quite crazy idea. I mean you can notice how the Trans Am used to break down into pieces while attempting a jump for a scene when not in SPM. How many times would they have to use a new car if they were to Turbo Boost whilst in SPM? And remember SPM was introduced in season 4 and the car costed them quite a lot, you know... all the modifications (SPM, EBS, Convertible Mode, New Frontnose, Paintjob etc.) All those things costed them a huge amount of money, so I guess they chose to act more carfully when jumping. :)
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:40 am

....tiny problem of trying to turbo boost with SPM (thinking theoritically). SPM's extrusions were there to create downforce (big wings, aero front end). So, the booster jets would have to work even harder to create a jump of equal magnitude. If KITT really did reaches speeds of 300mph, theres no way the wings generating downforce would all him to jump. Although if at the moment of turbo boost, SPM was deactivated a very long jump is feasible.....curse my failing memory, I use to be able to do calculations on how far a projectile would travel at a certain speed and angle :oops:

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:54 am

I like SPM but I think that Turbo Boost is impossible in this mode. Even if Kitt could gather thrust to break free from the downforce of the extended car body parts, the landing would be fatal. The extended nose would simply break off and that would mean that the front scanner'd get damaged. We all know from TDR that the destruction of the scanner is fatal to Karr and Kitt so Kitt would probably die at this manouver. Not to mention his passangers...

Any idea of Turbo Boosting in C-Mode?

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:57 am

I didn't like SPM much as I didn't like the look of KITT during it, or the EBS for the same reason. The fact that KITT could go much faster was good, but they always seemed to get there just in time, as in the previous serieses. :D

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:43 am

but they always seemed to get there just in time, as in the previous serieses.
I agree, and I also believe that the SPM was used to get to a certain place within a certain timelimit. If you would take some time looking at the previous series, you will notice that they never had a problem getting to a place in time. But now all of a sudden they need something that increases the speed with 40% in order to get to that specific place on time.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:14 pm

I think the SPM came forth as a temporary replacement for KITT's molecular bondage shell, and then somehow the molecular bondage shell got restored by KITT's team of FLAG technicians as soon as KITT and his human friends got back to L.A.
That's just my guess on that.
I really don't think, however, it would've been safe for KITT to turbo boost during the time the SPM was activated, though......

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:18 am

just before the 4th season there were 3 different new cars built: the convertable, the SPM Kitt, and the hydralic powered SPM Kitt that made all the parts move in and out for SPM.

They couldn't use any of these cars for a jump because, as someone said before, the nose would break off on the landing. I don't know if they ever made any SPM car-doubles that were specifically for turbo boosting or anything like that.

Pierre
FLAG Recruit

Post by Pierre » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:40 pm

you forgot to mention the hydraulic powered convertible :wink:

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:15 pm

Pierre wrote:you forgot to mention the hydraulic powered convertible :wink:
was there a hydralic powered convertible?

HungarianKnight
FLAG Recruit

Post by HungarianKnight » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:00 pm

Yes, there was a car that actually did the convertible mode. We didn't got a real full transfroming scene, because that car had a fake roof.

rulloa81
Operative

Post by rulloa81 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:26 pm

You know I can't wait for the season 4 (when ever it may come out) to be released because I want to see KITT in SPM again. It's been soooo long since I seen KITT in SPM and I really like SPM too. But the thing that has always bothered me was how was a car able to tranform that way and then tranform back to normal. Also I was thinking about this other thought lately doesn't the SPM take away from the essence of KITT as a car. The special thing about KITT (in my opinion) is that KITT is a car that looks like a regular car really. A very sleek and cool car but once you get inside of KITT you realize that it is a supercar. That thought is what I think makes KITT so special because it is inside the car where different people in different episodes meet KITT and realize that KITT is a one-of-a-kind super car. :spm:

reverber
Rookie

Post by reverber » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:09 pm

HungarianKnight wrote:I like SPM but I think that Turbo Boost is impossible in this mode. Even if Kitt could gather thrust to break free from the downforce of the extended car body parts, the landing would be fatal. The extended nose would simply break off and that would mean that the front scanner'd get damaged. We all know from TDR that the destruction of the scanner is fatal to Karr and Kitt so Kitt would probably die at this manouver. Not to mention his passangers...

Any idea of Turbo Boosting in C-Mode?
if memory serve orretly were there not a couple of episodes where kitt was destroyed e.g. junkyard dog, where im assuming the sanner was destroyed, or damaged in an extensive way, and in knightrider 200 the movie was kit not setup in michaels ar without his scanner (not sure on this) and in another episode wasnt kitt built into a tv set or something when the knight 200 got stolen? i think this is another ontinuity error, but im sure its if kitts main box gets destropyed then its fatal. so theorhetialy kitt may be able to survive the impending rash michael would i agree be inevitbly killed

Michelle
Rookie

Post by Michelle » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:43 am

This may have been said and I am only acting as if I know what I am talking about, but wouldn't the point of all that crud on KITT for SPM be to get mor traction on the ground. I think there would be a lot of air an weight pressing down on the car to even think about Turbo-boosting! :shock: :D :roll:
Michael: It can end here if you let it. (Race for Life 2:16)

Michelle
Rookie

Post by Michelle » Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:44 am

This may have been said and I am only acting as if I know what I am talking about, but wouldn't the point of all that crud on KITT for SPM be to get mor traction on the ground. I think there would be a lot of air an weight pressing down on the car to even think about Turbo-boosting! :shock: :D :roll:
Michael: It can end here if you let it. (Race for Life 2:16)