From the Hoff's mouth

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight DJ
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

From the Hoff's mouth

Post by Knight DJ » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:43 am

Met David today. He just turned up almost without announcement. He took over our boardroom to do various press interviews for a full five and half hours!

I got to talk to him very breifly about KR and he said that he is still trying to buy the film rights from whoever owns them. Apparently the asking price is very high. He repeated the line again about the studio wanting Orlando Bloom and turning it into a Starsky & hutch style film and how he wanted to stay true to the show.

He is serioulsy the nicest celeb I've ever met and took time out to meet everyone who wanted to say hi which was basically our entire staff of 80 people! I've never seen this normally "too cool" crowd get so excited![/img]

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 7:06 am

That's fantastic KnightDJ.. I'm sure we're all very envious of you meeting him in person. :)

Cheers
Adam

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 am

I love that! Now, if only he can get a word in edgewise in an otherwise heiress-ruled U.S. showbiz in Hollywood, California.....
Wishful thinking!
Anyhow, I like it whenever DH pays nice surprise visits! :shock: 8) 8) :? :wink: :wink: :wink:
I think he's a breath of fresh air compared to the stagnant air of boring showbiz going on in Hollywood these days! No joke.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:01 pm

Once again, the same old information. We should all probably refrain from making new posts that tell us nothing new. But it is nice to hear what a nice guy David is in person, greeting co-workers like that.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight DJ
Volunteer

Post by Knight DJ » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:52 pm

Now I feel bad for taking up precious board space.

I'm sorry. I was just a bit excited. Besides I was under the impression he already had the big screen rights. Apparently he doesn't.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:24 pm

Sorry, Knight DJ, I didn't mean to come off in a negative way. If I met David, you can bet your life I'd have to post about it here regardless of whether it's the same information or not!
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:46 pm

Yeah, I also believed he had secured the rights and now says he's in the process of doing so.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:12 pm

Knight DJ wrote:Besides I was under the impression he already had the big screen rights. Apparently he doesn't.
Especially after he said that "we've now got it back" on the ROVE interview too.. Maybe their in final talks [fingers crossed].

And wouldn't Glen A Larson have the rights to it in theory? Is he not stepping up to the plate for the Knight Rider Movie?

AP

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:12 pm

I thought Glen had the rights and he and David were working on it.

If the price is that high, maybe we should start a donation fund to rescue Knight Rider rights for the movie! :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:18 pm

Thats what we heard for awhile, that he already had the rights, so this is disconcerting if true.

Congrats on meeting him Knight DJ, and thanks for letting us know. I'm of course jealous, but don't let that detract from your excitement. :)