80's music in Knight Rider

This forum contains discussions about all things Knight Rider.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TheKnightFox
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by TheKnightFox » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:47 pm

michealknightbx81 wrote:TAKE IT EASY IS A GREAT SONG ESPECIALLY FOR DRIVING :)
*nod nod* i agree.

i dont know much eighties music since i was born in 1988, but i have heard fleetwood mac also. i remember hearing that in the pilot episode thinking: i know that song, we have it! theyre a good group to listen to related to knight rider while driving as well...erm...so to speak.

the directors should have played more music by billy idol. he's a pretty good singer of that time period. and known for singing the main song for the movie, speed. i like that song ^_^.

then theres dont need a gun, rebel yell, and shock to the system. those would have been fairly good songs for knight rider too, i believe. its energetic songs from earlier time periods like those that i like which i think would have fit knight rider just fine...
"when you're one of a kind, companionship does not compute." KITT
PROJECT RESTORATION. A fic for KITT and KARR: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2396303/1/

Fuse
Volunteer

Post by Fuse » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:54 pm

She's a maniac, maniaaaaac... Damn those are good songs. :D

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:07 am

I agree with you Fuse. In just about every episode, they would play a hit song. They even played the Ghostbusters movie theme song in episode, "Knights Of The Fast Lanes", the scene where the cheerleaders were rehearsing on the football field. Those songs sure bring back wonderful memories. :D

KRfanNL
Stranger

Re: 80's music in Knight Rider

Post by KRfanNL » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:41 am

Hello,

Does someone know what the name of the song is in the beginning of the episode 'The final verdict'??
I think it's the same song 'Gold Coast Knight' means.

Bye from Holland

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:46 pm

KRfanNL wrote:Hello,

Does someone know what the name of the song is in the beginning of the episode 'The final verdict'??
I think it's the same song 'Gold Coast Knight' means.

Bye from Holland
Johnny Lee - Highways Run Forever
Here's a link for other music used in the series:
http://knightridercollective.com/krmusic.htm

I have one question about the music in The Final Verdict also, I wonder if the music played in the second gym scene is some real song? First time Michael goes after Marty to the gym there's a song playing that basicly counts numbers from 1 up but next time Michael goes there there's another song playing that sounds more like it could be some real song, does anyone recognize it?

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 pm

This was actually something I was thinking about today driving along and the songs that would be great for the new show. I hope they use some music, since I think NBC has a lot of pull in all forms of media I think they can pull it off. However I hope besides that they use some of the Knight Rider theme music like when KITT comes of stelth like to a particular scene... :kittconv:

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:13 am

Is there a website where it lists all the songs used in each of the episodes?
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

KRfanNL
Stranger

Post by KRfanNL » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:41 am

thanks KITTfan
I was looking for it for days, but I couldn't find it.
I like Country&Western music and I like The Eagles.

Crumbling Down
FLAG Recruit

Post by Crumbling Down » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:38 am

love all the music in KR. I like the song white bird. I think it may have been made up for the episode but it was good.
Booonnnnnzzzzaaaaaiii!!!!!!!! As michael turbo boosts to score the extra point. His face is so funny when he yells this and when he hits turbo boost his eyes get huge and he flies back into the seat

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Found something that has not been mentioned before in this forum, at least the search function didn't found anything.
The music from Knight Behind Bars, the scene where the jogging woman stumbles upon with the lawyer and KITT says something like: "How deeply moving, someday it'll be my turn. KITT and the freeway of love" & plays the classical music which is Tchaikovsky, Romeo & Juliet overture, love theme.
Happened to hear this song while watching 007, Moonraker movie. It was used in the scene where Jaws found his girlfriend :D I remembered the song was used in KR also and the song was mentioned in Moonraker wikipedia. Here's some more info about the song itself from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romeo_and_Juliet_(Tchaikovsky" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VMCiewc ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:15 am

All songs in the pilot were the original artists including Take It Easy by The Eagles, Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac, and Hit Me with Your Best Shot by Pat Benatar. I know this because Glen insisted on keeping all the original artists in the 2-hour (what was then a 2 hour) made for tv movie and opted to have covers if the pilot went to series. As I understand it, he received all the music clearances for the pilot. I cannot speak for the rest of season 1 in which Stu was on board.

The songs from the pilot were the following

Proud Mary (Rollin’ on the River) by Credence Clearwater Revival
Take It Easy by The Eagles
Peaceful, Easy Feeling by The Eagles
Carolina in My Mind by James Taylor
Don’t Stop by Fleetwood Mac
Third Rate Romance by Amazing Rhythm Aces
Harden My Heart by Quarterflash
Hit Me With Your Best Shot by Pat Benetar

(helps when you write a book with an episode guide that includes song lists eh?)

Take it Easy is one of Glen's favorite songs along with Peaceful Easy Feeling. The cover songs actually did not appear (throughout entire episodes) until music duties were handed over to Don Peake who took over music after Stu Phillips departed the show after Episode 13. Don Peake was responsibile for creating those near-flawless cover songs and meticulously studied each song to match the covers as close as possible to the real thing.

Also a little fun fact about Knight Rider Festival -- All of the music that played at the VIP party save for Hasselhoff's "Jump in my Car" was from the original series.

=VK=
:dash:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 am

but we still haven't find out which is the mysterious instrumental song that plays in episode...."buy out".in another topic i posted a song from yes name love will find away but it is not this song also cause as someone in here mentioned that this song is written in 1988 so it is impossible to be this one!!did anyone find the title of that mystirious song?

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:53 am

there is nothing like good old rock and roll and 1980s pop music in the morning

the 80s will never die!!!
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:20 pm

If Knight Rider lasted longer, I could imagine more Kim Wilde songs could've been used, really like her songs "You Keep Me Hangin' On" from 1987:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNyRU0fKHAY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
"You Came" from 1988:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFgL3GcA9XM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Also "Can't Get Enough (of Your Love) from 1990, she's quite pretty in this video ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbts-PwP ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;