Who should play the new cybernicien (cant spell it, lol)

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Karl Siniak
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Who should play the new cybernicien (cant spell it, lol)

Post by Karl Siniak » Fri Jan 17, 2003 7:04 pm

Who in your opinion, since Patricia MacPherson is unlikely to return for the new kr film and then series, would you like to see as the new cybernichien. You know in Bonnie's shoes, Kitt's mother if you like, :lol:

I think Jennifer Aniston could be quite good. She could do the series too!

Is there to be a series after the film? :D

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Fri Jan 17, 2003 9:32 pm

3 words, Lara Flynn Boyle :D !
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:46 am

Me :) (J/K)

And how would Jennifer Aniston be able to do the series? At this rate, Friends will be going on forever and ever, and ever.....

And I believe the word we are looking for is cybertechnician.

KI

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 7:57 am

If Patricia isn't willing to return I say call back Rebecca Holden to reprise the role of April.

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:50 am

March2875 wrote:If Patricia isn't willing to return I say call back Rebecca Holden to reprise the role of April.
(In Austin Powers style) Yeah baby yeah!

* I apologise for my lack of maturity at the thought of Rebecca Holden

Karl Siniak
Recruit

Post by Karl Siniak » Sat Jan 18, 2003 12:39 pm

Well, i say Jemnifer Aniston could do the series coz i heard they're planning to end friends.

It would be nice to see Rebecca Holden back, but i thought she wouldn't do it.

I'd rather Bonnie came back than April! No offense to her.

Centaurus17
FLAG Recruit

Post by Centaurus17 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:17 pm

Yes...i agree KI and vote for you to do it...LOL :D :D No i was thinking Holden as April as well, but seems someone thought of it. Heh

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:15 pm

Karl Siniak wrote:Well, i say Jemnifer Aniston could do the series coz i heard they're planning to end friends.

It would be nice to see Rebecca Holden back, but i thought she wouldn't do it.

I'd rather Bonnie came back than April! No offense to her.
Friends got renewed for yet another season. It's quickly becoming the show that won't die.

And Holden may be willing to do it, I don't quite think anybody has asked her to do it, primarily because of the whole McPherson situation in the first place.

And more airhead April? Ick.

KI

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Sat Jan 18, 2003 5:59 pm

Assuming that the movie will include new characters (as opposed to recasting Michael & Bonnie) I think Holden would be too old for what they're looking for. If they go with a new hot young driver, they might as well go with a new hot young mechanic. The new season of Friends will have fewer episodes so the cast can specifically work on other projects such as films, but as scary as this sounds, I think Jennifer Aniston is already too old for the part.

Mike
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Jan 18, 2003 6:21 pm

knightimmortal wrote:At this rate, Friends will be going on forever and ever, and ever.....

KI
Surely, you don't mean that there's a chance we might see...

..."The Golden Friends."

Thank you for being a friend. *Clap, clap, clap, clap.*

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :D

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Mon Jan 20, 2003 6:45 am

I know this thread disappeared down the line a few days ago, but I haven't been able to post for a while. Although, that might be a good thing.

*Prepares to duck and cover*

What about Tiffany Thiessen (having dropped the sophomoric 'Amber' somewhere along the line)? :oops:

Here's my thinking: if, to attract a younger audience, the tone of the show is going to be lowered leading man-wise anyway, why not go the whole hog? I caught half an episode of 'Fastlane' on Sky One the other day, where she played a police lieutenant in charge of two undercover detectives (or so I could glean from about 15 minutes). Neither show is exactly Shakespeare, so I think her 'sassy' (I love that word), strong, 'eye-candy' character could carry over into Knight Rider. I could easily see her bossing around a new Michael Knight character (if that's the way the movie is going). She already has April's credentials, and she could be made to seem as though she has Bonnie's too.

Don't shoot me! :wink:

Sarah
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:11 am

Jennifer Aniston as Bonnie? Please no. Sure, I think shes cute just like every hetero male. She was terrific in "The Good Girl" I just don't think she would work well in Bonnie type shoes.

Tiffany Amber Thiessan? Good god no! Just because there may be one bimbo in the film already, putting another in for good measure is not going to help the film. Sure, it will help attract the prepubesant male audience but I don't believe that is the audience this film should go for. Any credibility this movie might have will be shot out the window. Hopefully if she is ever offered the role she will shoot it down because she is already in a car type show 'Fastlane'

As for who I think it should be, not really sure. Patricia, sure that'ld be great. KI? Possibily... I think if not someone famous it should be someone unkown who wont step over their lines but will feel good in a mechanics shoes.

I think a Knight Rider movie can get alot of jokes towards it just by the words alone. We need good actors that can act a part that doesn't seem like they just read the script for the first time with their piss poor inflection on the dialog. Nor do we need some upity actor who takes their job and their role, way to seriously. It's gonna be hard to find the balance between good and bad, and that is a great challenge for Revolution.

nawdle88
Recruit

Post by nawdle88 » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:00 pm

jup wrote:Surely, you don't mean that there's a chance we might see...

..."The Golden Friends."

Thank you for being a friend. *Clap, clap, clap, clap.*

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :D
Hahahahahahahahaa!! :lol: Thanks jup. That's the best laugh I've had in quiet a while.
What's all this? It looks like Darth Vader's bathroom.

SadArticle
Operative

Post by SadArticle » Mon Jan 20, 2003 2:33 pm

neps wrote: As for who I think it should be, not really sure. Patricia, sure that'ld be great. KI? Possibily... I think if not someone famous it should be someone unkown who wont step over their lines but will feel good in a mechanics shoes.

I think a Knight Rider movie can get alot of jokes towards it just by the words alone. We need good actors that can act a part that doesn't seem like they just read the script for the first time with their piss poor inflection on the dialog. Nor do we need some upity actor who takes their job and their role, way to seriously. It's gonna be hard to find the balance between good and bad, and that is a great challenge for Revolution.
But would 'good actors' go for Knight Rider? I think the same thing dogging potential audiences - 'What? Knight Rider?' *scoff* - could also be a problem for the cast, bar David and anybody he can round up. That's why I was thinking Tiffany Thiessen. She's well-suited to this type of role, I think.

So, come on, Neil - I know you said an unknown would be good, but what about those already out there? Which actress, or an amalgamation of characteristics from different actresses, do you think would work? :wink:

Sarah

PS Thanks for getting me out of the land of 'Invalid session', Neil
We'll never get the smell out of the upholstery - Kitt, Knightlines

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:03 pm

Bonnie's cut of your classic bond 'good' girl cloth. She's easy on the eyes and good at what she does and can do it without looking like a total bimbo. Patricia was great in the 80s, and she performed with great zeal, but it's 20 years later. I think Miami Vice: the next generation, sorry, Fastlane is a cool show, and Tiffany Thiessen has deffinately grown up since saved by the bell, but she is no Bonnie. I like Lara Flynn, cause she has a unique beauty about her, and can be downright slutty if it calls for it, but I think she can seriously pull off the role of a computer technician. Plus, she has the pure irritablility to really get into it with Michael or whatever new lone crusader is cast. Casting Patricia to reprise her role would be acceptable as a cameo of somekind, but not as a main starring role. All it would do would please the real 'die hards' out there, and possibly turn off other less indoctrinated film goers. And admidt it, if everyone on this board saw the movie 10 time each, do you think that would even cover the production costs of the film? Hate to say it but we all know Revolution will have us in mind making the film, but I doubt they will totally cater to the real fans like us. And think about it the more successfull the film is, the brighter a future KR will have!

And no offense KI, but I wouldn't quit your day job :lol: .<---note emoticon :D

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:26 pm

you should not quit your day job either. :D <--- note emoticon :D

sarcastic remarks to other people doesn't make much money i hear.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:35 pm

You'd be surprised what it pays.... :D :D :D :D :D

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:43 pm

It don't pay for much on this board, boy.

-Scott
"AIM HIGH"
Army_F_Body wrote:You'd be surprised what it pays.... :D :D :D :D :D

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:43 pm

:shock: hmm.. may i ask how much? definitely not a living's worth.

KITT
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Jan 20, 2003 7:48 pm

Poor Army F. Body, you will never know what you missed out on. *tsk, tsk* :twisted:

KI

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:05 pm

Not that I'm saying that you wouldn't make a fine Bonnie Bartow, KI, it's just Lara's so dreammy.... :D

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:23 pm

I guess it depends on if the film is a reprise of the TV show (I.E. the same charecters) or if its an update (i.e. takes place 20 years down the track with new peple working for FLAG).

From what I've read, it would seem the later option is more likely. If this is the case Kitts gonna have all the latest hi-tech toys and will new a new young tech-savey person to look after them so in reality we may not have a bonnie.

On the other hand the movie may be a snap shot of the old show applied to this time line. (i.e all the same charectors, but written for todays world..with todays technology,actors and storylines)

Who cares....its KNIGHT RIDER!!! woooooohooooooo :D
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:26 pm

It don't pay for much on this board, boy.
Message understood...just don't call me boy, please.

"Hooah"

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Mon Jan 20, 2003 8:35 pm

Ok, now we are starting to get out of hand. If you have a problem with something that somebody called you, please take it to email. Either email a moderator, or email the person directly.

KI

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Mon Jan 20, 2003 10:50 pm

Sorry, KI. Somehow, I think you wouldn't make the best Bonnie character because I suspect the director would be looking for an actress who would read the lines, word for word, as written over one who would rewrite every line, making the whole edited script about a bajillion times better.

The people in charge of the show tend to be weird about who they let be writers, at times.