Knight Rider Season 2 Advert to Air in UK,download it inside

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:42 pm

whet wrote:Can I ask another question to you Universal Insider?

What was the reason for no extra's on season 2 set?

Can we exspect any extras on the remaining box sets?

Thanks in advance.
There will definatly be extras for season 4 as it was the last season of knight rider, but for season 3 nothing has been announced but its only the early stages so anything can happen!

whet
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by whet » Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:19 pm

Thanks for the info mate, much appreciated 8)

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:36 am

Universal-Insider wrote:I know its sounds weird but its something to do with NTSC and PAL so thats the problem!!
More b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t: so, how come "Magnum, p.i." and "Miami Vice" have got their trailers/opening gambits, when "The A-Team" and "Knight Rider" haven't?

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:10 pm

More b-u-l-l-s-h-i-t: so, how come "Magnum, p.i." and "Miami Vice" have got their trailers/opening gambits, when "The A-Team" and "Knight Rider" haven't?[/quote]

look mate i dont know exactly why alright, if you really want to know go ask universal yourself, all i know it that universal in the u.s doesnt want us to put the trailers on, if you want the trailers so bad buy region 1 dvds

tkr9
Operative

Post by tkr9 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:23 pm

Why was the format different from the 1st box set? The presentation was more impressive for the first season than the box for the second, and they look inconsistent on the shelf. I suppose it was because of the number of double episodes or something, but it was a bit perplexing.

That said, great dvd's, great episodes, great fun, great buy! Thank you Universal!

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:43 pm

Getting back to the original "commercial"...

We've seen promotional material from Universal UK, and this video doesn't look or feel anything like their other releases. No voiceovers, no graphics... Even if it's an "early cut", why is it nearly a minute long? It seems odd that they would do a full minute commercial, and even if they did, this video should be shorter to allow room for a 5-second "coming soon on DVD to a store near you" tag.

If I'm wrong, so be it. But everything about this video seems like it was created by a fan having fun with some clips.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:21 am

Michael Pajaro wrote:Getting back to the original "commercial"...

We've seen promotional material from Universal UK, and this video doesn't look or feel anything like their other releases. No voiceovers, no graphics... Even if it's an "early cut", why is it nearly a minute long? It seems odd that they would do a full minute commercial, and even if they did, this video should be shorter to allow room for a 5-second "coming soon on DVD to a store near you" tag.

If I'm wrong, so be it. But everything about this video seems like it was created by a fan having fun with some clips.
Exactly, Michael - I've got my suspicions as well.

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:51 am

it was the 1st edit made, i couldnt upload anything with voice over or anything like that because my boss would know it has gone missing so uploaded the Bare advert with no voiceovers or anything else, hope that clears things up

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:17 am

How long is the comecial running?

I seen it on Monday night on ITV 2.

the more people see it the better!

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:39 am

Universal-Insider wrote:no date for airwolf yet, as it is not in that a high demand as some other shows
"Airwolf" is just as popular as the other shows, commercial-wise. I remember in HMV at one time, it was either a DVD or VHS release, "Airwolf" ranked higher than "Knight Rider" and "The A-Team" for at least 2 weeks, here in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and I think Woolworths as well.

May I ask how you know the show isn't in high demand? What market research, if any, suggests this? I think you'll find that the set would sell remarkably well.

Universal-Insider
Volunteer

Post by Universal-Insider » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:44 pm

Stringfellow Hawke wrote:
Universal-Insider wrote:no date for airwolf yet, as it is not in that a high demand as some other shows
"Airwolf" is just as popular as the other shows, commercial-wise. I remember in HMV at one time, it was either a DVD or VHS release, "Airwolf" ranked higher than "Knight Rider" and "The A-Team" for at least 2 weeks, here in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, and I think Woolworths as well.

May I ask how you know the show isn't in high demand? What market research, if any, suggests this? I think you'll find that the set would sell remarkably well.

thats just what the feeling in universal is about airwolf

advent
Recruit

Post by advent » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:20 pm

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&p ... tle=702300

This shows that AIRWOLF SEASON 1-R2 is out in SEPT 2005. But no artwork or much more details. So could UNIVERSAL-INSIDER please tell us more or supply artwork. Or is going to be same the R1 set?

I post more tomorrow...bye!!!

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:04 pm

If anything should be changed on the Region 2 release, it's the photos on the back cover - they're from the Canadian 4th Season, which had a different cast.

Also, I still want the pre-opening teaser trailers present - the NTSC/PAL carry-on is no excuse - "Magnum, pi."'s trailers are intact, and so should "Airwolf's", otherwise, I'll invest in a multi-region Pioneer player, and buy the Region 1 set.