Same actress, same character?

Archive for discussions from 2006. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Michael Archangel
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Same actress, same character?

Post by Michael Archangel » Sun May 29, 2005 7:59 am

I was watching an episode today, where Michael puts glasses on and pretends to be a nuclear scientist.

I'm almost sure I've seen the evil woman in that episode in at least two other episodes. The first one being "Goliath Returns". And the second one an episode in which she convinces a teenager who's good with computers to take control of KITT.

First of all: am I right? Then my question is: if it is the same actress is she playing the same character? A sort of recurring baddie?

What confused me too is that in "Goliath Returns" she seems to know Garth very well but I can't remember her being in "Goliath".

There is another actress I remember the same for: Anne Lockhart was both in "Good Day at White Rock" and in "Return to Cadiz" but I can't remember whether or not she was playing the same character...

Thanks in advance to anyone who can enlighten me :)

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun May 29, 2005 2:05 pm

I think you're referring to Ann Turkel who played Adrienne Margeaux in both "Soul Survivor" and "Goliath Returns." She wasn't in "Goliath."

She was the only 'recurring' guest villain in the show, and you're right, Garthe never mentioned her during "Goliath" so we assume at that point they didn't know each other. Presumably Garthe and Adrienne met sometime during Garthe's prison time between "Goliath" and "Goliath Returns."

The episode in which Michael plays 'Dr. Knightwood' also stars Ann Turkel as Bianca Morgan. This was "Knight In Retreat" from season 3. The character there has absolutely nothing to do with "Goliath" or "Soul Survivor."

As for Anne Lockhart, she appeared in seaon 1's "Good Day At White Rock" as Sherry Benson and season 2's "Cadiz" as Jennifer Shell, co-owner of the Three Shells restaurant, definitely not the same character.

This wasn't uncommon though. During the eighties, a lot of action shows like Knight Rider and the A Team used to reuse guest stars as different charcters. Another Knight Rider example is actress Shawn Southwick who played Lonnie (part of Tanya's gang) in the pilot and Rita Wilcox in "Goliath."

There...more than you ever wanted to know on the subject, right? :D

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sun May 29, 2005 7:17 pm

I think Michael should've used a different alias; Michael Knightwood was too much of a dead giveaway!

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun May 29, 2005 7:36 pm

:D that is too funny, you are right about the Michael Knightwood- now, lets see, who could THAT be? :lol:

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Sun May 29, 2005 7:45 pm

another actress who was on more than once was Pamela Susan Shoop who was in the pilot (forget the charachter name at the moment but she played the little boys mom) and then she played Marta in Knight of the Juggernaut.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Sun May 29, 2005 10:16 pm

theevolved1 wrote:another actress who was on more than once was Pamela Susan Shoop who was in the pilot (forget the charachter name at the moment but she played the little boys mom).
Her name in the pilot was Maggie. In essence, she was Michael's first "Lady Of The Week."

KITT MARK 2
Recruit

Post by KITT MARK 2 » Mon May 30, 2005 1:56 am

There were a bunch of recurring actors/actresses throughout the series. If you check out the episode guide in the Knight Rider Legacy book the authors highlighted each additional appearance for the actors.
--KNIGHT INDUSTRIES TEN THOUSAND

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Tue May 31, 2005 1:12 pm

I agree. The guest stars were everywhere on Knight Rider.
I think Michael Macrae (don't remember the spelling) did that also. He played Tony on "Trust Doesn't Rust" and then turned around and played a cigarette-smoking bodyguard at the Laguna wedding in "Hearts of Stone".

At least, I'm positive that was him.

Michael Archangel
Volunteer

Post by Michael Archangel » Tue May 31, 2005 3:55 pm

Thanks for the info guys, very helpful..!! 8)

edwardknight2007
Recruit

Post by edwardknight2007 » Tue May 31, 2005 5:08 pm

Uh KITT Mark some of us don't have the Knight Rider Legacy book...Some of us(Like me) tend to look at credits or notice familiar guest Stars like Shawn Southwick and Pamela Susan Shoop I remember from the pilot and an episode from Season 3 or 4. Looking forward to season 3 this november!

Wizster
FLAG Recruit

Post by Wizster » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:48 pm

Just watching Blind Spot and I couldn't believe how Father Carlos from Hearts of Stone was the same man they used for Alfredo. Were they not many mexicans who applied for the show? :lol:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:31 pm

don't forget the dude from Knight in disgrace and then in knight of the juggernaut, that guy was cool.
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MLAM
Operative

Post by MLAM » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:09 pm

You mean the guy who played La Salle?

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:07 am

im pretty sure the woman who played Liberty in "give me liberty" was also in "the 19th hole" as a reporter..

the guy who played jon in "KITT VS KARR" was a villian on the dukes of hazzard, also in 1984

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:23 am

Ann Turkel was also in one episode of the Streethawk and suprise suprise, her character was a villain there too.
If someone doesn't have the Knight Rider Legacy book, you still can check out the quest stars in detail from Knight Rider Archive website.

-KITTfan-

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:52 pm

MLAM wrote:You mean the guy who played La Salle?
yea!! :D
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Akaihiryuu
Operative

Post by Akaihiryuu » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:08 pm

Slightly offtopic, but Knight Rider isn't the only show to do this. The actor that played the Tollan Narim in Stargate SG-1 (he appeared in season 1, and made a couple more appearances until his character was presumed killed in season 5), also appears on Atlantis as a different character, Simon (Dr. Weir's former significant other). This takes place at the same time as season 8 of SG-1, so it was more than 3 years since the character of Narim (and the entire Tollan race) is presumed killed. I didn't realize it at first until someone pointed it out, then it was obvious it's the same actor. It's scary that SG-1 is entering its 10th season now, with Atlantis entering its 3rd. Makes me wonder what it would've been like if Knight Rider had lasted for 10 seasons...