In regards to spammers...

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

In regards to spammers...

Post by neps » Sun May 15, 2005 10:07 am

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me about him. Sorry to anyone that took offense to it.

In the future, please refrain from replying to them and just try and avoid them until we can get things under control. I can automatically delete all his posts, but when people reply to it is hard to do this cause I need to go into each thread and make sure replies to him are gone.

Thanks for your understanding![/i]

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun May 15, 2005 2:35 pm

Thanks, Neil. I knew you were on the way to fixing it. :)

I hope Cleo doesn't actually leave the board (the newcomer) as she was upset at the reply she got from the troll. This doesn't happen a lot here. In fact, the 1st of next month will be one year I've been on this board and this is the first time I've seen this happen.

Also to anyone else who has their forums linked in their sig lines, check your forums as well! He might have followed other's links to other forums to start trouble.

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Sun May 15, 2005 3:17 pm

I actually didn't notice anything at all... :) What happened? Let me guess: Some guy tried to fill the forum with negative content. That makes me actually quite confused and maybe sad when thinking about his/her point of view.

If I try think to myself doing the same thing, it really doesn't make any sense to me. I image my self trying to do some harm but then next second I come up ideas to do something far more creative and challenging. Where is the reward for being nasty? Better skills in what? Feedback? Credibility? Money? Anything?

Where's the beef?

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Sun May 15, 2005 3:47 pm

Note To Spammers- JUST DIE.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Sith
FLAG Assistant

Post by Sith » Sun May 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Mmm...

No wait.

I'll eat the spammers instead. ;)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Sun May 15, 2005 5:00 pm

I'm glad I missed the whole fiasco this morning. I hate it when people do this type of thing. It's just so...oh what's the word...LAME! Let's hope no one like this come around agian for a long time.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: In regards to spammers...

Post by Lost Knight » Sun May 15, 2005 5:03 pm

neps wrote:Thanks to everyone who PM'd me about him. Sorry to anyone that took offense to it.

In the future, please refrain from replying to them and just try and avoid them until we can get things under control. I can automatically delete all his posts, but when people reply to it is hard to do this cause I need to go into each thread and make sure replies to him are gone.

Thanks for your understanding![/i]
My apologies for replying in a thread that he hit (there was quite a few!).

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Sun May 15, 2005 6:18 pm

Sith - You don't want to get a bad case of food poisoning if you eat spammers, now do you? I think the canned stuff would be more nutritious and safer. ;)

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun May 15, 2005 8:47 pm

Sith wrote:Image

Mmm...

No wait.

I'll eat the spammers instead. ;)
Oh no...I've just gotten up from bed this morning, I see this....and now I'm hungry as hell! Tasty spam....gotta have some when I go visit the grocery, yum!!

Lost Knight: You're not alone, I also had to reply to the bastard somehow. He was degrading the women members of the forum and its hard as hell to just try and sit it out. It's good that Neil fixed the problem as soon as he realized it.

Neps:Sorry if I made your work harder with my replies to that idiot. I would have left him alone but he was hurting the other members...had to do something. Again, my apologies.

trooper TK-WHA??
Rookie

Post by trooper TK-WHA?? » Mon May 16, 2005 12:51 am

Hey,
That's the first time I've witnessed something like that.Neps,I'm glad you took swift action.It just makes me realize even more how many people are out there who are "a couple of french fries short of a Happy Meal".The cheese fell off his cracker a long time ago.When something like this happens,do you notify the perp's net service?Or something of that nature?
If only I had a nickel for every time someone cut me off on the parkway and wished for a Turbo-Boost or Micro-jammer...