Dukes of Hazzard Trailer

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Dukes of Hazzard Trailer

Post by neps » Mon May 09, 2005 11:20 am

Just cause Knight Rider was always compared to it, it's interesting to see it's big screen transformation.

The jumps look sweet. Drool.

It's up:

http://www.yahoo.com/_ylh=X3oDMTEwZGh2N ... s/s/239172

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon May 09, 2005 11:40 am

It wasn't the jumps I was looking at. :D

I did notice that one of the jumps had editing just as bad as Knight Rider where you can totally see that the car was about to dive nose first on its side.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Mon May 09, 2005 1:17 pm

In the begging of the trailer, the "01" is all messed up, then it looks normal after it on the ground racing, they need to fix that jump cause the "01" looks like a kid painted it on. :roll:

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Mon May 09, 2005 1:36 pm

it's not KITT, but that car is still hot as hell : )

you're right, those jumps are awesome and HIGH! i cant wait till they get around to Knight Rider. the chances of getting our TA KITT on the big screen are looking better and better! seems to be the trend so far to have the original car (since thats what a LOT of people watched the shows for)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon May 09, 2005 1:44 pm

The car chases look cool but the rest of the movie looks like just another T and A parody. Daisy Duke in a bikini??? Can you get anymore obvious than that? :roll:
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 09, 2005 2:35 pm

LOL! That's funny! Nothing like the original Dukes I remember but I guess I got too used to the original actors. :) But this movie looks good from the trailer. Had me laughing a couple times!

When the General was jumping at the end on the freeway, it seemed to go too much in slow motion and yeah, seemed like he was going to crash bad instead of landing right.

I just will miss the actors who did Roscoe, Bo, Luke and Boss Hogg, is all.

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Mon May 09, 2005 4:47 pm

I don't remember Bo and Luke acting stupid like the actors in this movie acting.

knight girl

bddotnet
Recruit

Post by bddotnet » Mon May 09, 2005 5:28 pm

Sorrell Booke, the actor that played Boss Hogg, is dead. Uncle Jesse is also dead.
Bobby Duncan
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
http://www.bobbyduncan.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Pardon my expression, but he does have a few screws loose!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 09, 2005 5:38 pm

Sorry to hear. Even though I like Bert Renolds, I think they should have found another actor for at least Boss Hogg because Boss Hogg was a porky little guy, not tall and lean. :lol:

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Mon May 09, 2005 5:52 pm

Jessica in Daisy Dukes= YUM!!! :P

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon May 09, 2005 7:27 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:In the begging of the trailer, the "01" is all messed up, then it looks normal after it on the ground racing, they need to fix that jump cause the "01" looks like a kid painted it on. :roll:
Well, the movie is actually a modernization of the Dukes, as well as a variation on the series. In the movie, they tell how the Duke boys got ahold of the Charger that eventually becomes the General Lee. And the car goes through a couple variations before eventually becoming the car the Duke Fans all know and love. One of those variations includes the early Duke racin' days, in which the Boys actually painted on the "01" as seen in the trailer. They update this later on (I read this in a Mopar magazine that had pictures of both variations of the early version and the closer to the original series Generals. They had an interview with the group who customized the Generals for the both the TV show and the movie, a few of the ones from the showing actually worked on them). Obviously, the jump shown may have fact been the first one the Duke boys experienced and realized they could do it when they needed to (because if you notice their reaction before the "Village Roadshow" logo, they obivously reacted with a "woah, I can't believe I did that and survived" kind of reaction).

What would be cool, if they didn't do it, that they include the song "The General Lee" by Johnny Cash.

pdennis93
FLAG Recruit

Post by pdennis93 » Mon May 09, 2005 8:03 pm

i think if i would have cast the movie, it would have been Danny Divito doing boss hogg, and for some weird reason i see tim alan doing a really good/funny rosco p coltrane.. (the actor they have doing rosco reminds me more of buford T justice, cause well, he is FAT)

anus, er enus, hmm thats a tough one maybe

bo and luke i would have maybe done as paul walker and matt damon

after all, luke had a brain, he was a marine, johnny knoxville seems more of the villiage idiot type (hmm maybe a good cast for enus?)

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:14 am

paul walker still sucks ass. worst actor ever. but i think sean william was a horrible choice too

i think you guys are wrong about that jump at the end..it's NOT dipping too far forward. in fact, watching over and over, it looks like it may be the same jump as the first camera angle. it looks like it lands just like it's supposed to.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:25 am

examples....

this car looks like it has a camera (or something big) in the pasanger seat:

and is about the right distance behind the Lee as the camera in this shot is:

and this shot is as close to the car as the Lee is to the car in the second picture above:

also, the angle of the Lee is the EXACT same from second to third pictures above...

maybe this isnt the shot you guys were talking about..BUT that nose is in no way too angled to land that car in the second pict above. to ME it looks dead on.

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Tue May 10, 2005 1:01 am

You really couldnt exspect a good movie out of this, Its just another quick buck mockery. I tried watching the old show on the country network, it just doesnt appeal to me as it did when i was a kid, although Knight Rider still holds an adult appeal as where Dukes will make you not be able to add 2 + 2 after you watch it. What i mean is its so campy & it just seems to me as a dumbed down country hillbilly version of Starsky & Hutch. Knight Rider & Dukes shouldnt even be in the same category.

marctronixx
Recruit

Post by marctronixx » Tue May 10, 2005 2:27 am

i think this movie will suck because i was and still am a huge dukes fan. now, with the advent of dvr technology, i can now slow down those jumps and see when they hit the ground, breaking the axle, denting the frame, the trunk crumbling due to the massive weights in the trunk, and those dummies they had in the passenger seats flip around in the car when it lands..

ahh.. 'tis sweet to see...

thids movie will probablyl appeal tothe younger folks who never realy watched the dukes.. jessica looks hott.. there is no denying that, but i cant possibly watch this movie with these charatcters so disconnected from the original actors..

the jumps and cam angles look very good .. maybe ill get it on netflix but i aint paying full movie price...

Dave Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Dave Knight » Tue May 10, 2005 5:14 am

pdennis93 wrote:i think if i would have cast the movie, it would have been Danny Divito doing boss hogg, and for some weird reason i see tim alan doing a really good/funny rosco p coltrane.. (the actor they have doing rosco reminds me more of buford T justice, cause well, he is FAT)
That is NOT the actor who plays Roscoe, that is just a actor playing an Atlanta Georgia cop. the actor playing Roscoe is M.C. Gainey, a veteran character actor best known for the convict that flys the plane in Con Air, he played the character called 'swamp thing'

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue May 10, 2005 6:06 am

I was really disappointed with it.

Don't get me wrong, seeing the General flying through the air (REALLY flying!!!) was fantastic, and it looks like some of the best *real* car action I've seen on screen in a while.

But then the actors opened their mouths.

And it turned into every teen movie you've ever seen in your life.

Like Burt Reynolds as Hogg, though.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com

Newcastle knight
Operative

Post by Newcastle knight » Tue May 10, 2005 10:51 am

Yeah i thought they would of tried to play out the characters similar to the original ones. ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE ! too much steve stiffler i think.

but when you see the General flying through the air again it is pretty cool, i'll go see the film when it comes out but im not expecting to come away going wow that was really great which is a shame because i really like the dukes of hazzard.

Scott

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 10, 2005 12:59 pm

Newcastle knight wrote:Yeah i thought they would of tried to play out the characters similar to the original ones. ANOTHER SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE ! too much steve stiffler i think.

but when you see the General flying through the air again it is pretty cool, i'll go see the film when it comes out but im not expecting to come away going wow that was really great which is a shame because i really like the dukes of hazzard.

Scott
well, stiffler always reminded me of someone doing a bad jim carrey impression and since that actually IS a jim carrey line (from dumb and dumber), it's even worse. the original Bo and Luke were much more lovable. and stiffler looks like tom hanks from cast away in this movie.

SHAVE, ASS.

Michael Archangel
Volunteer

Post by Michael Archangel » Tue May 10, 2005 3:41 pm

Glad to see I'm not the only one to think it's shocking! :?

It's as bad as the "Starsky & Hutch" film for the syle, but even worse all in all: the new actors look nothing like the originals.

Luke looks like he's mentally ill, Bo's got greasy hair and a beard (!), Daisy is a blonde slapper and OMG Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg: WTF?!

Only Uncle Jesse looks right for the part. It's a stupid joke-fest again. Yes the car is still cool but it's no credit to the film-makers as it's the same as in the series.

Ladies and Gentlemen - That's how you ruin the image of a great TV series... :evil:

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue May 10, 2005 4:41 pm

Michael Archangel wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one to think it's shocking! :?

It's as bad as the "Starsky & Hutch" film for the syle, but even worse all in all: the new actors look nothing like the originals.

Luke looks like he's mentally ill, Bo's got greasy hair and a beard (!), Daisy is a blonde slapper and OMG Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg: WTF?!

Only Uncle Jesse looks right for the part. It's a stupid joke-fest again. Yes the car is still cool but it's no credit to the film-makers as it's the same as in the series.

Ladies and Gentlemen - That's how you ruin the image of a great TV series... :evil:
i dunno...johnny knoxville (nope...i was right...LUKE) is f'in HOT. no really.

Starsky remake was...eh. i only watched it for the car and Owen Wilson (he's one of the funniest men on the planet...next to Conan O'Brien of course)
Last edited by ad227529 on Wed May 11, 2005 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Tue May 10, 2005 11:58 pm

I watched the 'Dukes' trailer, and based upon it, I probably won't go to see the movie. I loved the TV series, but this just doesn't seem to hold snuff. I'd have to go back and watch some of the old episodes, but I don't remember Bo and Luke EVER acting the way the do in this movie. Prime example: the trailer shows Knoxville (Bo?) shooting at the cops. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember anything like that ever happening in the series. I like Reynolds, but not as Boss Hogg. Only other person I could see pulling that role off besides Sorrell Booke would have been Jackie Gleason, (Sherriff Buford T. Justice from 'Smokey and the Bandit') but he's no longer with us either. They could have at least got someone who LOOKED the role. I'll always love the General, but not this movie. I only hope that if the time comes that we get a KR movie, Hassellhoff will not let them destroy it like they have done with the Dukes.

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:09 am

Knight 'n' Day wrote:I watched the 'Dukes' trailer, and based upon it, I probably won't go to see the movie. I loved the TV series, but this just doesn't seem to hold snuff. I'd have to go back and watch some of the old episodes, but I don't remember Bo and Luke EVER acting the way the do in this movie. Prime example: the trailer shows Knoxville (Bo?) shooting at the cops. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember anything like that ever happening in the series. I like Reynolds, but not as Boss Hogg. Only other person I could see pulling that role off besides Sorrell Booke would have been Jackie Gleason, (Sherriff Buford T. Justice from 'Smokey and the Bandit') but he's no longer with us either. They could have at least got someone who LOOKED the role. I'll always love the General, but not this movie. I only hope that if the time comes that we get a KR movie, Hassellhoff will not let them destroy it like they have done with the Dukes.
other than the MP3 CD player in the dash...what did they do to the car?

Knight 'n' Day
Recruit

Post by Knight 'n' Day » Wed May 11, 2005 12:11 am

I was referring to the series, not the car.