K.A.R.R Question? please help..

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Stephen_clay
Stranger

K.A.R.R Question? please help..

Post by Stephen_clay » Tue May 10, 2005 2:28 am

Hello all I just found this site, so please forgive my question if its something that has already been asked and answered in the past.. For the longest time I have wondered about this- In the episode K.i.t.t vs K.a.r.r towards the end of it, all of assouden Karr's color scheme has turned from all black, to black and silver? But they never explain why this happened? I always assumed the part of the episode that might explain this was edited out for whatever reason.. But thats just a guess.. Does anybody know the real truth about this mystery?

8)

KARR_Knight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KARR_Knight » Tue May 10, 2005 2:40 am

In a deleted scene KARR explains to John how he want his appearence changed. It should be in the season 3 DVD.
Forget the paremeters of rational thinking -KARR episode 3x06

Knight Rider Archive
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Knight Rider Archive » Tue May 10, 2005 8:22 am

Well, it makes sense whatever way you look at it (as a cut scene from syndication or not).

K.A.R.R. is an easy car to spot, and he's essentially a fugitive. So what's he going to do? He's going to do exactly what a human on the run would try to do -- change his appearance to stay one step ahead of his pursuers. He tells John he wants to alter his appearance (in the garage, Act I), and from a dramatic point of view, we really didn't need to see a scene with John re-spraying him...

JOHN: "Hi, K.A.R.R., I got the paint from the store..."

K.A.R.R.: "Excellent, John. I'd like you to respray the lower half of my chassis only..."

Blah blah blah. Boring.

There was also a scene in the script (most likely filmed but definitely discarded) where John spots K.I.T.T. in K.A.R.R.'s mirror.

JOHN: That car looks just like you!

K.A.R.R.: Not for long.

Ultimately it all served to give K.A.R.R. an identity of his own so we (and the editor's) could easily distinguish him from K.I.T.T... Garthe had his goatee, K.A.R.R. had his new scanner and two-tone paint job.

- Paul
- http://www.knightriderarchive.com