KITT replicas

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Newcastle knight
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Newcastle knight » Sun May 08, 2005 7:18 am

Army_F_Body wrote: Guess what? I SPENT the 14 grand (so far) on my car, so I imagine I can do pretty much whatever I want to it (if that's ok with you).
At the end of the day its a Trans Am that you own so you could paint it bright blue, have a green scanner and put 20 inch chrome wheels on if you wanted, lol

im not putting the right wheels on because they are mega expensive to get here in the UK, got more important things to worry about before wheels and stuff, like actually getting my car on the road and painted first

Scott

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sun May 08, 2005 1:14 pm

$800.00? Damn...OK, have your friend make it. :wink:

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon May 09, 2005 7:04 am

I agree Joao's nose is great. At the time I got mine conversion rates and shipping put it into the price category of a Colie nose (which was my first choice if money was no option). I paid $800 out the door for my Louisell nose. That covered shipping and all the finish work and priming.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Mon May 09, 2005 9:39 am

I love seeing all Kitt replicas and Knight inspired replicas. Its neat seeing different ideas and personal touches. I love Kitt and its not all the detail that is important but the spirit of Kitt and how people bring that spirit alive with their cars. Mine is a 92 Firebird convertible but I'm making him into Kitt with some personal touches. I'm keeping alot of the stuff on the car the way it is. The interior is tan but of course not PMD but not planning on getting PMD. The wheels are not the right rims but I'm just having them sprayed black. I already got the black-outs for the later year tail lights and I'm probably using the 92 nose to put a scanner in. I'm keeping the ground effects because they look cool. I;m looking for a spoiler that has a light in it though so I can take the piece of my car with the break light out.

Here are several pics at a show.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/theknight ... 6e&.src=ph

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon May 09, 2005 9:52 am

Knight Girl wrote:I love seeing all Kitt replicas and Knight inspired replicas. Its neat seeing different ideas and personal touches. I love Kitt and its not all the detail that is important but the spirit of Kitt and how people bring that spirit alive with their cars.
Words of wisdom there, Knight Girl!

Even though I'm one of the people that would go for complete accuracy, at the end of the day it's all about fun, creativity and nostalgia.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon May 09, 2005 2:21 pm

Knight Girl wrote:I love seeing all Kitt replicas and Knight inspired replicas. Its neat seeing different ideas and personal touches. I love Kitt and its not all the detail that is important but the spirit of Kitt and how people bring that spirit alive with their cars.
Exactly!! :D I agree with you 1,000%. However, there ARE some cars that are poorly done, like the one that is recently up for auction. Somehow what some do to their cars is an insult to the car itself (be it a KITT or otherwise). I've seen people do up their cars in cardboard, and one painted like a fish! :shock:

But MOST KITT and KARR replicas I've seen are all truely beutiful and capture KITT's spirit nicely. :) I love seeing what people come up with. I know a lot of replica owners don't really call their cars 100% accurate, but they are still KITT-inspired and you can see the inspiration in each one.

Nice pictures, BTW! Love that convertable! If I had one of those T/As I wouldn't change the nose - looks like a 21st Century KITT. Nice! :)

Knight Girl
Operative

Post by Knight Girl » Mon May 09, 2005 3:04 pm

What I want to do is just modify the nose to fit a scanner. I was at my TA club last weekend and they were saying I would devalue the rarity of the convertible(since only 1000 were made) if I put in a scanner. They think I should get a knight rider nose and put the scanner in it and when I want to go back to the stock look put back the 92 nose...I like the 92 nose though.

knight girl