KITT 3D Model Version 2.0(Lots of PIX..56K Warning)

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

KITT 3D Model Version 2.0(Lots of PIX..56K Warning)

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:53 pm

First off i want to thank Sarfraz for creating his drawings he done by free hand,And Ertl for creating the 1:18 scale KITT model,and Knightfan40 for creating such an awesome interior for his KITT for GTA Vice City...and Juha for his awesome season 1 and 2 dashboard textures(he granted me and Erik Permission to use in the first car but im sure he wont mind for this much better kick ass version of KITT)..because otherwise this very nice KITT Model would never been created from scratch by a very good friend of mine who goes by Erik_Knight on this forum.(hes new and you all never seen any of his posts before)
But you all have seen his work before...im pretty sure it was back in january i created another topic called KITT and KARR 3D models,i showed off eriks work..ill admit the car was done by pix and all sorts of angles of the KITT cars seen all through the internet..but it was far from accurate to the real KITT and KARR..i got praises such as good work,nice job and so on..but its was nothing near accurate.
So after about 3 months of trying to convince erik to create another much better and accurate version of KITT i got an ok from him then the work began again on KITT..again :D

May i present KITT..which was just completed yesterday..in wire frames and fully textured pix using the Zmodeller modeling program 16 PIX

let me and Erik_Knight know what you think about KITT ok :D

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:06 pm

Good work, it just needs to be proportioned a little better. If this is for vice city i wish i would have gotton approached, i would have let you use my body model & saved you a ton of time.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:41 pm

Looks pretty good.If you combine the dash with that model and remove the exhaust pipes.It would be pretty good.I'm a great nitpicker.The hub caps need the dots in the small lines, the rear license needs to be changed based on the season you with to release.If you would like some help you can contact me I have hundreds of high rez pics of kitt and can serioulsy help you out.I just got finished with the need for spped car with Karr_lover.He can vouce for my nitpicking.

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:00 pm

Knight Racer wrote:Looks pretty good.If you combine the dash with that model and remove the exhaust pipes.It would be pretty good.I'm a great nitpicker.The hub caps need the dots in the small lines, the rear license needs to be changed based on the season you with to release.If you would like some help you can contact me I have hundreds of high rez pics of kitt and can serioulsy help you out.I just got finished with the need for spped car with Karr_lover.He can vouce for my nitpicking.
At least you could have got my name right, lol

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:05 am

Oh man I'm sorry about that.I realy have to get all the contact names on this board stright.I have been around for a long long time.(Blows dust ff old decaying chair) :D

ad227529
Rookie

Re: KITT 3D Model Version 2.0(Lots of PIX..56K Warning)

Post by ad227529 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:01 am

ReddawgKnight wrote:First off i want to thank Sarfraz for creating his drawings he done by free hand,And Ertl for creating the 1:18 scale KITT model,and Knightfan40 for creating such an awesome interior for his KITT for GTA Vice City...and Juha for his awesome season 1 and 2 dashboard textures(he granted me and Erik Permission to use in the first car but im sure he wont mind for this much better kick ass version of KITT)..because otherwise this very nice KITT Model would never been created from scratch by a very good friend of mine who goes by Erik_Knight on this forum.(hes new and you all never seen any of his posts before)
But you all have seen his work before...im pretty sure it was back in january i created another topic called KITT and KARR 3D models,i showed off eriks work..ill admit the car was done by pix and all sorts of angles of the KITT cars seen all through the internet..but it was far from accurate to the real KITT and KARR..i got praises such as good work,nice job and so on..but its was nothing near accurate.
So after about 3 months of trying to convince erik to create another much better and accurate version of KITT i got an ok from him then the work began again on KITT..again :D

May i present KITT..which was just completed yesterday..in wire frames and fully textured pix using the Zmodeller modeling program 16 PIX

[img]kick%20ass%20picture[/img]

let me and Erik_Knight know what you think about KITT ok :D
so there is this online "world" called there (http://www.there.com/index.html) and if one knew how to do 3D modeling one could submit said car to the site if approved it would be added as an optional automobile within this world...

in other words i really want to join this site and drive KITT around everywhere. check it out, it looks sweet.

Toni Nummela
Knight of Finland

Post by Toni Nummela » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:00 am

Very nice work indeed. Now, do the renderings in 3DS MAX :)

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:32 pm

They will be done soon...fine tinkering them now

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Post by spyhunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:03 pm

Looks amazing, however again, what is it with having 3 sets of lights?

SH

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:07 pm

Good job!

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:46 pm

Its a personal prefference to have 6 fog lights

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:51 pm

ReddawgKnight wrote:Its a personal prefference to have 6 fog lights
i always preferred the 6 lights the the 4.

KARR_Knight
Rookie

Post by KARR_Knight » Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:51 pm

Will you guys please tell me what tools i need to get my model ingame for vice city?

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:06 am

When I was looking around for tools for the gta games to creat a car.I found most used Zmodeler and Milshape.

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:48 pm

Question: How easy would it be to have a 3D model of KITT rotating on a platform with the scanner going as a screensaver?

AP

ad227529
Rookie

Post by ad227529 » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:49 pm

MrPayner wrote:Question: How easy would it be to have a 3D model of KITT rotating on a platform with the scanner going as a screensaver?

AP
...and make one for Mac OS X while you're at it...

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:24 am

I know kitt was not as shiney as Davilex made it to believe.But this model doesnt show enough shine.Is the model still in the improvements stage?

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Knight Racer wrote:I know kitt was not as shiney as Davilex made it to believe.But this model doesnt show enough shine.Is the model still in the improvements stage?
Thats just how Zmod shows shining materials so we cant really help that...sorry

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:18 pm

I have a few pics you can model the cars rear from.I've seen about 5 versions of kitt for vice city so far.None of them have the rear end accurate enough.These shots are just for the rear end.I can get you a seaon 1 license plate if you want to.Some really high rez ones too.

http://img259.echo.cx/my.php?image=18xa.png

http://img186.echo.cx/my.php?image=20wb.png

http://img12.echo.cx/my.php?image=36mm.png

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Mon May 02, 2005 12:27 am

Knight Racer can u please please pretty please give mine and Erik_Knights KITT model an interior texture update since its basically the same season 1 & 2 Dash from knightfan40??

If u can please email me or add me to msn messenger if u have it reddawg_02@msn.com thanx. :D
Last edited by ReddawgKnight on Tue May 03, 2005 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erik_Knight
Stranger

Post by Erik_Knight » Tue May 03, 2005 4:08 pm

hello Everyone! ReddawgKnight is my friend, and he was the guy who requested the car!

I'm the car author, so, here am, introducing myself hehehe

Here's a render of the car, for eyecandy! I hope you like it!

Comment's please! If there's something to tell me... criticism and stuff, let me know! ANdmore renders are coming!

Erik.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Tue May 03, 2005 4:36 pm

Oh u finnaly decided to show urself huh buddy :)

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Tue May 03, 2005 7:01 pm

I think the t-tops should be tinted darker black.The roof of the car is a little too curved I think.I've seen alot of kitts for games.Something I notice in all of them is the car is not wide enough.It adds to the better effect from the rear view.I think the bucket seats should be lower.Will you be adding the turn signal blackout panels?

I spoke to Reddawgknight last night and I for one can't wait to dig into this project.I think if we work together we can make the best vice city kitt ever made.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue May 03, 2005 9:14 pm

Nice model! Now for the nitpicks: :)

The front hood and nose is a bit short. I think it should extend a bit. The nose is a bit too chunky. Might want to narrow it top/bottom a bit. The foglights area would look better then too, I think. Definitely try to keep the dart-shaped nose look. You got a good start on that for sure. Hood scoop is raised up too much. Might want to lower it. Red light on scanner is a bit too wide. Make a more narrow beam would probably be nice. I agree the T-Tops should be darker.

Interior: The PMD seats could be more a tan color. Plus maybe narrow them a bit more. They look a bit wide.

I like the rear hatch area. Might want to darken the window there too but only slightly. Rear spoiler is setting up a bit too high. Might try lowering it just a tad. KITT's door handles are black, not silver. Also they could be narrowed top/bottom a bit. They appear a tad too thick.

Those are my suggestions, though I realize that maybe I might not perceive things too accurately either. Just ideas. :)

Overall nice render though! Also loved the background you choose. :) I can appreciate the hard work that goes into these models. 3D isn't easy to work with.

Will you be doing a KARR version? In silver/black too? :)

I don't have any driving games but always like to see how people do with these model mods. I see some incredible work here.

ReddawgKnight
FLAG Assistant

Post by ReddawgKnight » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:11 am

Hello i was wondering if anyone of you can possibly try to fix up the rear end of my buddy Erik's KITT car to look more like the real thing...let me show u what i meen exactly cus i really suck at trying to discribe problems in sentences...

The screwed up rear end

And the correct rear end

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated :wink: Image