Who would win in a one on one fight... kitt or airwolf?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

opoeno
Stranger

Who would win in a one on one fight... kitt or airwolf?

Post by opoeno » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:07 am

My friend and i have a bet about a one on one fight between kit and airwolf... who do you think would win.

edwardknight2007
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by edwardknight2007 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:14 am

KITT because he has AI and can outsmart Airwolf any day of the week!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:29 am

Heheh...As much as I love KITT and Michael, how could they win over Airwolf? KITT doesn't fly and has limited offensive powers. Airwolf can fly, is faster than KITT (Mach 1 plus), has an arsenal of missiles capable of being fired miles away from the target and hitting with pinpoint accuracy. Airwolf doesn't have an AI, but she is piloted by Stringfellow Hawke and aided by Dominic Santini. KITT may try to micro-jam Airwolf in the air, but at a limited range (there was this episode where KITT was trying to micro-jam an ordinary Bell chopper and failed because it went out of range). Airwolf can blast KITT from a great distance making the micro-jam impossible. I hate to admit but hands down, its Airwolf's party.

LoneKnight
Rookie

Post by LoneKnight » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:11 pm

Well, let's see: KITT can drive himself, operate his functions himself....Airwolf relies on humans. Now can a human outsmart an artifical intelligence that is programmed into a car which has the ability to micro-jam the helo, outmanuever the helo and drive into spots where the helo cannot access (ie: caves, tunnels, garages, etc), and override the guidance systems in the missiles?

And lest we forget, KITT's MBS could repel the chaingun ammo.

Do you honestly think that a human could outsmart a computer? All KITT will do is learn the strategy and plot a counter-strategy to lure the helo in close enough, then micro-jam the rotors, disable the missiles, etc, etc, etc.

KITT just crashed A-wolf's party. Nuff Said.

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:30 pm

KITT would. All he'd have to do is microlock the Airwolf's turbine engine and Airwolf would crashed.

grimreaper_Knight
Volunteer

Post by grimreaper_Knight » Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:34 pm

Michael and KITT all the way

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:37 pm

On this one, I learned a long time ago to consider it a conditional battle field.

+ Airwolf has the skies and the fire power.

+ KITT has the defensive shell and the power of the computer.

- Airwolf is highly controlled via computer. And, with two Human's at the controls and questionable defensive measures on the electronic side, KITT may be able to infiltrate and override Airwolf. (Just like the interior virus that the 'wolf's designer had pre-installed.)

- KITT's lack of long term air capacity, weak/limited range with the Micro Jam and concern over what repeated hits from explosive tipped rockets can do give Airwolf the advantage.

X Neither KITT, nor Airwolf can gain much advantage on outrunning or outlasting each other. Both need to fuel up at some point. Airwolf's two occupants need to eat/drink/sleep at some point. And, KITT needs to recharge at some point. KITT may only have the slightest of advantages, here.

X True, KITT may be able to out think Stringfellow. But, there have been SO MANY situations to show evidence that KITT is either unwilling to out think OR not permitted to do such a thing to a Human being.

X KITT may also be unable to do too much damage to Airwolf, governing that doing anything more then forcing the heli to come down under it's own power could risk injury to a living being.

X Airwolf has no such restrictions upon KITT. However, a cleaver and alert AI could very easily predict and avoid the weapon assaults that Airwolf is capable of using.

+ KITT could probably disable Airwolf very easily by coliding with The Lady. However, getting Airwolf into such a position as to make that happen is rather unlikely.

+ Just as unlikely is the potential that Airwolf could use force and flip KITT over. (It's not like weaker choppers haven't tried.)

+ Airwolf has the open skies (and even the lower altitudes of space) to retreat to, should it be deemed necessary.

+ KITT can find tight spaces to drive into or through.

+ The Foundation is bound to have better resources then the nearly independant crew of Airwolf could ever hope for.

+ Airwolf's HQ is secret. F.L.A.G.'s is not.

X KITT's laser pack might be very effective in damaging Airwolf. Mind you, aiming the laser on an aero object is mind boggling tricky. (Aim the laser on-the-fly on a horizontal basis PLUS aiming KITT's nose via jump/trajectory guide on a vertical AND doing it while Airwolf is in range.)

I'm sure there were other factors, too. My point being that unless there was a destinct advantage favoring one side, this battle could go either way...or simply be stalemate, because of the radical differences and strengths in both sides.

My conclusion: Situation not predictable.

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:40 pm

What are the circumstances of the fight? Both are 'good guys'...(only vaguely familiar with Airwolf)

The correct answer would be whoever was fighting for good, truth, justice and the American way (so to speak) would win.

After all, this is classic TV we're talking about! :lol:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:49 pm

I used to run a battle sim and I let it process what would happen when KITT battled ________.

It produced the same results, time and time again. Against everyone, (except one) KITT would always get hit first...with a weak blow. Then, KITT could smash once, turn and smash again for a confirmed KO. KITT was a good guy. The others were bad.

So...who defeated KITT not once, not twice, not thrise, not four times...but each and every time I ran it? Herbie, the Love Bug. Guess it makes sense when put that way. Herbie is an EVEN MORE classic good guy.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:29 pm

It's like playing poker: it is possible for a beginner to beat a professional player if he gets the right cards. But play enough hands, and the pro will have a much better average.

Although there are certain situations where KITT could easily defeat Airwolf, ultimately I have to go with the helicopter. KITT is good at up-close fighting, Airwolf is good at distance, and it's very easy for Airwolf to stay several miles away and STILL continue to attack.

KITT is still cooler though.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:34 pm

Intereting one this one !! I'm not sure. As much as I love both machines I would probably have to agree with Honda SIR that Airwolf would probably win especially if a couple of direct missiles hit KITT from a distance. KITT might be able to microjam AIRWOLF's computers or rotors etc but would need to be close to do so, with Airwolf's superior speed and manuevarability I think Airwolf will have the upper edge. Sorry guys.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:49 pm

I'm sure KITT would surely put up a good fight, and would probably win if road and air conditions would be in his favor. If if I were given a choice which vehicle I would be "privileged" to ride in during this awesome battle, I would have to pick Airwolf. I would feel safer knowing that I have the sky and distance as an advantage, not to mention the awesome firepower that the super-chopper has (chainguns and high calibre missiles).

But surely this battle can never take place because both of them are good guys. I think a better question would be....Can Airwolf and KITT combined be able to take on two or more of their most lethal enemies? Would the two of them have any chance against an open battle with...say...Goliath, KARR, the Juggernaut and RedWolf, Airwolf's evil twin? It would be interesting how the two hero vehicles would use all their skill and resources in winning over such an awesome force.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:54 am

What about "mechants of death"?

That was kind of like an Airwolf/Kitt battle.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:08 am

Could this please end in a tie? I watched both shows.....

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:13 am

HondaSiR wrote:But surely this battle can never take place because both of them are good guys. I think a better question would be....Can Airwolf and KITT combined be able to take on two or more of their most lethal enemies? Would the two of them have any chance against an open battle with...say...Goliath, KARR, the Juggernaut and RedWolf, Airwolf's evil twin? It would be interesting how the two hero vehicles would use all their skill and resources in winning over such an awesome force.
If only Universal had considered in doing a two-hour cross-over episode: imagine that, eh? Jan-Michael Vincent and David Hasselhoff together, along with their super-duper vehicles - that would of made for a truly memorable story.

Oh, by the way, am all for the Lady when it comes to betting on who would win in the duel. Although KITT had an aerial micro-jamming system, am sure somehow Dominic (played by Ernest Borgnine) or even Caitlin (Jean Bruce Scott, who guest-starred in the KR 1st Season episode "A NICE, INNNOCENT LITTLE TOWN" - is that title correct anyone?) could of manually over-rided KITT's microwave rays, and allowed Hawke to ignite Airwolf's turbo-engines to quickly fly out of KITT's range, and launch a multiple-missile attack at the car. From memory, Airwolf could fire at least 3 rockets within a second, one after another, and still hit either one, two or three targets with precision accuracy.

This was demonstrated in the 1st Season episode "AND THEY ARE US", when Hawke fired more than 3 rockets, though there was a close-up shot of the ADF Pod firing 3 missiles, and all of them hitting 3 out of 5 Hughes 500 army-attack helicopters.

Stringfellow Hawke
Rookie

Post by Stringfellow Hawke » Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 am

jup wrote:+ The Foundation is bound to have better resources then the nearly independant crew of Airwolf could ever hope for.
Hawke, Dominic and Caitlin had the full-assistance of the covert, but high-ranking intelligence division of the U.S. Government: The FIRM. They supplied the crew with armament packages, jet fuel, Chain-Gun ammunition shells and boxes of Hellfire, Maverick and Sidewinder missiles, plus classified information and CD-ROM discs of mission facts and research, so that when flying into enemy territory, they knew what they could expect from any hostile encounter, and counter-act them.

The Foundation was the more independent organisation, but Devon did have a few government connections, especially with the State Department, and also that General who appeared in the 2nd Season two-hour premiere episode "GOLIATH".

KARR_Lover
Recruit

Post by KARR_Lover » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:45 am

Pitting Airwolf against KITT is pretty weird since they are totally different types of vehicles. Now if you said Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf or KITT vs. That scary truck in Steven Spielberg's directorial debut TV movie The Duel (Which I have on Disc coincidentally.), we'd have something.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:08 am

Stringfellow Hawke wrote:If only Universal had considered in doing a two-hour cross-over episode: imagine that, eh? Jan-Michael Vincent and David Hasselhoff together, along with their super-duper vehicles - that would of made for a truly memorable story.
That would have been an awesome crossover episode! It would have probably started out with Michael and Stringfellow being at odds with each other (and KITT leary of Airwolf's combat capabilities). In the end, they would have to join forces to battle it out with the best of the baddies, for surely an episode of this magnitude would surely demand the best villains. Alas, one can only dream...but perhaps some of our fiction writers here can come up with their own version of the story eh? :)
KARR_Lover wrote:Now if you said Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf or KITT vs. That scary truck in Steven Spielberg's directorial debut TV movie The Duel (Which I have on Disc coincidentally.), we'd have something.
Blue Thunder vs. Airwolf? No dice, Airwolf would still make ground beef out of the blue chopper. Blue Thunder doesn't even have a missile capability, how can it even put a dent in the super-helicopter? :)

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:50 pm

Stringfellow Hawke wrote:Hawke, Dominic and Caitlin had the full-assistance of the covert, but high-ranking intelligence division of the U.S. Government: The FIRM. They supplied the crew with armament packages, jet fuel, Chain-Gun ammunition shells and boxes of Hellfire, Maverick and Sidewinder missiles,...
Been so long since Airwolf ran on reruns that I did not remember that official supply line.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:18 am

HondaSiR wrote:I think a better question would be....Can Airwolf and KITT combined be able to take on two or more of their most lethal enemies? Would the two of them have any chance against an open battle with...say...Goliath, KARR, the Juggernaut and RedWolf, Airwolf's evil twin? It would be interesting how the two hero vehicles would use all their skill and resources in winning over such an awesome force.
I'd like to bring to light an old video game called Silk Worm, where a helicopter and a vehicle that could jump (and shoot) team up to declair war against an evil computer that sends tons of war equipment their way. The combination makes quite the team as each unit covers the other's weaker points.

Hope these shots come through...

From the Commodore 64 port. (Was the only image on the site that had both vehicles on screen at once.)

An arcade screen.

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:52 am

Without a doubt kitt would win, not only would airwolfs bullets do no damage to kitt, but every episode of knight rider do any missiles from a plane/helicopter ever hit him, of course not. therefore kitt would win.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:07 am

jup wrote:
HondaSiR wrote:I think a better question would be....Can Airwolf and KITT combined be able to take on two or more of their most lethal enemies? Would the two of them have any chance against an open battle with...say...Goliath, KARR, the Juggernaut and RedWolf, Airwolf's evil twin? It would be interesting how the two hero vehicles would use all their skill and resources in winning over such an awesome force.
I'd like to bring to light an old video game called Silk Worm, where a helicopter and a vehicle that could jump (and shoot) team up to declair war against an evil computer that sends tons of war equipment their way. The combination makes quite the team as each unit covers the other's weaker points.

Hope these shots come through...

From the Commodore 64 port. (Was the only image on the site that had both vehicles on screen at once.)

An arcade screen.
Nice game Jup...the helicopter on the bottom pic even has an uncanny resemblance to Blue Thunder...although the color is different. Might as well name it Yellow Thunder. :lol:

Would be nice to play this game, a nice Commodore 64 emulator for the PC comes to mind. :roll:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:28 am

A very difficult one to judge, as Jup said.

The helicopter out of MOD wasn't anywhere as advanced as Airwolf. It still needed to find it's target before firing any weapons at it.

KITT would probably use his heat seeking backfire function used in Deadly Maneuvers to counter any missile fired from airwolf miles away.

Then I can see the two coming together and from then on it's 50/50.

However, if KITT uses his smoke function and clouds his whereabouts, like in MOD, and then KITT can get close to him to do something.

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:53 pm

Hey, how about this...I would like to see Kitt and Airwolf be teamed up! Aka-put KITT AI into Airwolf for the aerial necessities. The foundation could really have expanded greatly from this type of formidable air defense weapon!! Just think of it...KITT has the ground and Airwolf has the skies! There would be nothing or nobody to stand against this pair!

I could picture the faces of the bad guys-- :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: :lol:

andrewd
Recruit

Post by andrewd » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:08 am

Hey Openoe - just curious WHO WON THE BET AND WHY ??