Anyone else have a terribly botched Season 2?

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

daroga
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Anyone else have a terribly botched Season 2?

Post by daroga » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:56 am

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

Just picked up Season 2 today at Best Buy. Threw the first disc into my Xbox to play and at the start of Goliath (the Universal Logo scene, no less) it skipped and stuttered and then just stopped. I've never had an issue playing any DVDs on that system. So, I threw it into my computer. It worked better for a while (still skipping, but getting past it decently, still not as it should be). It got to the scene where KITT is helping Michael win at craps and it just stopped, the DVD drive was whirring something firece trying to get playback to resume. I finally just had to eject the disc.

I'll be taking it back to Best Buy tomorrow for an exchange. I just hope that it's a probelm with this set only and not a whole pressing that I'd get another defective set. Anyone else had this problem? I hope not!

Having his Knight Rider night tarnished,
daroga

Fantine
Operative

Post by Fantine » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:52 am

Oh dear....

I haven't got mine from amazon.com yet.

Hopefully your next one will work better.

Cool name by the way. 8)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:14 am

Hey, welcome to the board!

Sorry to hear that your discs are having issues. Take them back you shouldn't have any trouble exchanging them. They are mass produced so occasionally things can screw up, sorry to hear that you fell into that small percentile. ;)

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:38 am

Ok, good. Sounds like mine was a fluke. I'm looking forward to have a WORKING copy of Season 2 now. ;)

And Fantine, awesome name yourself. :)

daroga

Knight Rocker
Recruit

Post by Knight Rocker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:05 am

I had the same problem. The scene where Michael and Garthe are playing in Las Vegas, the disk would just freeze when played on my Phillips DVD player. I played it in my PS2 DVD player, and no problems at all

chrisebourg
Operative

Re: Anyone else have a terribly botched Season 2?

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:26 pm

[quote="daroga"]Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster :)

Just picked up Season 2 today at Best Buy. Threw the first disc into my Xbox to play and at the start of Goliath (the Universal Logo scene, no less) it skipped and stuttered and then just stopped. I've never had an issue playing any DVDs on that system. So, I threw it into my computer. It worked better for a while (still skipping, but getting past it decently, still not as it should be). It got to the scene where KITT is helping Michael win at craps and it just stopped, the DVD drive was whirring something firece trying to get playback to resume. I finally just had to eject the disc.

Double sided discs? That happened to mine for season 1.
Less packaging and discs but more defective discs.

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:30 pm

I only had one problem when I put in side b on the first disk it wouldn't read the first time so i just opened then closed it seems to be workin now. So hopeuflly it stays good.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:50 pm

In about an hour I'll be on my bike to head to Best Buy. I'll report back with what the updated set does. Hopefully the same store doesn't have the same bad press :P

daroga

Altimus Prime
Recruit

Post by Altimus Prime » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:10 am

In my set, disc two was loose in the case. At first I didn't notice any damage, but later saw two marks on the top or B side surface. I watched two of the four eps on that side tonight and both played without problems.

I'm making a point of watching the other two soon, to be sure its OK. If it's OK, I probably won't return it, as it doesn't seem bad. Which is a different attitude for me - I'm usually never hesitant about exchanging discs with any apparent scratch, scuff or mark. But I get the feeling these two little lines are things that the laser won't see.

Otherwise my set seems OK. But I haven't watched Goliath yet. I'll give it a spin soon.

daroga
Rookie

Post by daroga » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:43 am

Hey everyone,

Got my set exchanged today. The woman at Best Buy even threw disc 1 into the DVD player there to test it out before I left. Everything works A-OK. Finsihed up Goliath and watched Brother's Keeper. Not a hitch in either.

Cheers to everyone watching their Knight Rider glory.
daroga

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:02 am

I have problems with some of my dvds and DVD players in my house... I have a few DVDs that will play in one DVD player but not in the other. Knight Rider season 1 disk one kept skipping and stopping during Knight of the Phoenix but its perfectly fine on all my other DVD players.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Knight-Rider
Rookie

Post by Knight-Rider » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:17 pm

I have had the same problem with all my disks, they will not play in any of my dvd players in my house, so when I recovery from surgery I will exchange them at Circuit City

C_Matt
Volunteer

Post by C_Matt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:27 pm

Just goes to show you, never "throw" disks into disk trays. :P

themarvelous3
Operative

Post by themarvelous3 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:48 am

yeah, the last episode on every disk refuses to play. it finally gives up on trying and stops the disk. i'm taking it back tomorrow.