Saw KITT driving around in Northern, CA

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

66batmobile
Volunteer

Saw KITT driving around in Northern, CA

Post by 66batmobile » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:20 pm

I was cruising around in Newark, CA (Bay Area) on Saturday and this black T/A caught my eye...and then the red LED--yes it was KITT.
Anyone know who the owner is? Looked real nice and accurate.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:20 pm

:shock: I think I'd have gotten into an accident if I saw that! :lol: Lucky you! :)

Army_F_Body
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Army_F_Body » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:29 pm

Knight_SF over at the Registries lives around the Bay area. Don't remember how far along his car is.

May want to jump over there and PM him about it.

I'm in Bakersfield, so if you head this way your likely to run into KITT (mine) and KARR (James "Eatemup" Evans). We also have a General Lee and Herbie running around as well.
KITT project is on again!

Currently working on: brand new stock tan interior, almost done!

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:22 pm

I had recently seen a KITT replica parked in front of a Wendy's restaurant in Richmond, CA. The car looked very authentic as I couldn't stop staring at it. I also saw a General Lee replica parked in front of a Raley's grocery store several years ago. :D

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:30 pm

Yeah, I once met this guy in a small town I was living in here in central Kansas who was working on his General Lee and I asked to drool over it. Half way through the "drooling", I asked him out of curiosity what was under the car cover in the adjacent bay, and he said "Kitt". I said "say again"?! He said "Kitt from, you know, Knight Rider"? Then I almost went to my knees when I saw the 8 balls peeking out from underneath! I said "no freekin' way"! I then asked him if I could at least see inside. He said I could, then I pressed my luck by asking to sit inside. He said he'd rather I didn't because he had just installed the button panels on both sides of the wheel, and he didn't want me to disturb them until they were properly set.

I continued to beg and plead, assuring him that I wouldn't harm a thing. He let me slip into the drivers' seat, and it took my breath away! I had been dreaming to sit in that spot for nearly half my life!! I noticed that all he had left to do were minor dash appointments and some interior paneling in the back. I was thouroughly impressed. He even had both monitors hooked up to forward and rear concealed cameras. Had I had the money, he was selling it for $10 grand at the time! I was sick with despiration. From then on I swore I would build or at least own one before I die! :)

TashaKnight
Rookie

Post by TashaKnight » Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:30 am

kittfan69 wrote:Yeah, I once met this guy in a small town I was living in here in central Kansas who was working on his General Lee and I asked to drool over it. Half way through the "drooling", I asked him out of curiosity what was under the car cover in the adjacent bay, and he said "Kitt". I said "say again"?! He said "Kitt from, you know, Knight Rider"? Then I almost went to my knees when I saw the 8 balls peeking out from underneath! I said "no freekin' way"! I then asked him if I could at least see inside. He said I could, then I pressed my luck by asking to sit inside. He said he'd rather I didn't because he had just installed the button panels on both sides of the wheel, and he didn't want me to disturb them until they were properly set.

I continued to beg and plead, assuring him that I wouldn't harm a thing. He let me slip into the drivers' seat, and it took my breath away! I had been dreaming to sit in that spot for nearly half my life!! I noticed that all he had left to do were minor dash appointments and some interior paneling in the back. I was thouroughly impressed. He even had both monitors hooked up to forward and rear concealed cameras. Had I had the money, he was selling it for $10 grand at the time! I was sick with despiration. From then on I swore I would build or at least own one before I die! :)
I would have probably passed out from the excitement. That must have been awesome.

I have vowed that I will make my own version of KITT someday. It doesn't matter the base vehicle that I start with. Even if its the Aveo that I am planning on buying.