The ULTIMATE KR Semi Truck Display!

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

The ULTIMATE KR Semi Truck Display!

Post by HondaSiR » Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:31 pm

Guys, check out this auction in ebay. It's the KR semi truck with KITT, Devon and Bonnie inside! This is the best rendition that I have ever seen so far and the asking price is a bit steep (although worth every penny IMO). Also check out KITT's engine bay, the modeler is apparently not satisfied with the stock engine and customized it to look high-tech. The detail of the entire setup is exquisite at the least!

Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW[/b]

Tony
Rookie

Post by Tony » Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:05 pm

I think this thing is awesome

Tony

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:04 am

Well, from what I've seen, the bidding price should be higher with all the detail added.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:09 am

That thing is fantastic. I just can't see why someone would want to sell something they put so much work into?
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:21 am

:shock: WOAAA!! If I had the money, I'd get this!!! Damn fine job on the whole deal! I am looking for a truck to do as the Semi, actually. I have the AMT re-issue KITT (two actually, one I want to do as KARR). I love what he did with KITT's engine bay. Gives me some ideas. :twisted:

Man, this is awesome! The computer-room area is hilarious. Notice KIFT on the wall there? :lol:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:20 am

I like it. There was even a shot of KITT from the opening sequence on one of the monitors.

LadyV2000- To answer your question, there are multiple reasons:
1. His hobby takes up a lot of time and money, so by selling it, he would get some money to fund further modeling projects.
2. He wanted to sell something unique and something that hasn't been made before (I mean, how many times have you seen such a diorama like this?)
3. He needs the money for something important.

Which one he is doing it for, only he knows.

theevolved1
Operative

Post by theevolved1 » Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:43 am

I think its quite awesome He did a good job. If I had the money to spare I would bid on it. But since Im in the debt that im in I dont have the money currently.
Funny TKR Quote

*bling*
"Maintanence Please Report to the Recreation Room.... The Jukebox is Jammed on Moonlight at the Oasis."

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:16 am

That's indeed an awesome replica. Only thing is I don't ever remember Devon being in a T-shirt. :P

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:47 am

Wowwy wow wow wow!

KITTfan
FLAG Operative

Post by KITTfan » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:55 am

Wow, that is very impressive! Great attention to details, it must have taken long time to study the semi interior and then build it in 1:25 scale, even with Devon & Bonnie dolls.
Now if someone would make this kind of diorama in 1:18 scale... ;)

-KITTfan-

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:05 pm

Very impressive. I must admit, I'd considered something similar to go with my 1:18 KITT, but the best I can find as a starting point is the garage display boxes at diecastmuscle.com. They're very nice, but I wouldn't want to spend $114 on what is essentially just a box, even for KITT.

Plus, I'd never have the skill to actually put this level of detail into it.

TurbomanKnight
FLAG Operative

Post by TurbomanKnight » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:44 pm

:shock: My jaw is somewhere on the floor.
Anti-Ford. 'Nuff Said.

1988 Camaro IROC-Z28
5.7 Tuned Port Injection .040 over
700R4
2.77 posi
3" Exhaust with Headers

Knight modelman
Volunteer

Post by Knight modelman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:33 am

Hi there to you all. I'm the 'Knight Modelman' and am very excited about joining this site. Basically, I'm the guy who created the knight semi model (currently on ebay) and I want to thank you all for your very kind comments - they are quite overwhelming!
It was indeed a labour of love and led to many a late night, watching the complete KR series over-and-over again. I attempted a simmilar project last year but was never happy with it. Fortunatly, I was able to get my hands on some better materials to use this time and decided to give it another go - glad I did.

I'm also currently working on a series of 1/25 scale KITT models. I'm near completion of a 'pilot' version (the one with the re-designed hood and the scanner fitted at the end of the nose). I also have a Custom KITT (complete with Fire decals and raised headlights).
In the past I have made and sold models of a 'Super Persuit' version, a 'convertable' KITT as well as KARR. Hopefully these will available soon once I can get my hands on some more kits!

With the help of 'neps', I hope to be able to send some pictures.

In answer to some of the postings on the semi, I appreciate what is a relativly high starting price for you all. Unfortunatly, the current exchange rate is such that buying from the UK is extremly expensive. The starting price I put it on for will go a long way to cover what I have actually spent out.

As to the 1/18 KITT, I'm seriously looking at creating my own base for the car. If I can get hold of a set of figures, who knows. I may also look at converting one into a KARR (I've seen one already on ebay but it was around $150).

Finally, Devon is not wearing a T-shirt. It's short sleeved shirt and waistcoat, his jacket is hanging on the back of his chair. What I haven't pictured is the front where he is wearing a tie.

Sorry for such a long posting - it won't happen again. Please don't hesitate to post any questions or mail me direct.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:47 am

Hey there Knight modelman!! Welcome to KRO! It's a pleasure indeed to know that you have joined our message board. Don't be ashamed of posting long messages, you are more than welcome to say whatever you want, you deserve it considering that you made that lovely semi-truck rendition. I think that the starting price is indeed very appropriate for the kind of attention to detail that you put into it. Very few modelers on the planet have your kind of skill and labor of love that you have shown. For that alone, we warmly welcome you to our board.

Do drop by often, I am sure many members here will be glad to know you and learn from your techniques regarding model making. I myself am a modeler but I don't even come close to what you are capable of doing.

Regarding posting some of your pics, you may visit http://imageshack.us/ and upload your photos there, free of charge. We all look forward to seeing your other works. Please feel at home here, we are all a friendly bunch! :D

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:23 pm

Welcome KnightModelman. I am also a modeler and have done all five "Team Knight Rider" vehicles, a project that took two years to complete because of having to find the right models at the same scale. You can check them out here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... m=40db.jpg

I also did a modernized KARR in a diecast Pontiac Trans-Am here: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/code_brea ... m=ebf8.jpg

My latest model work pretaining to "Knight Rider" is a modernized KITT in a '05 Mustang GT prototype diecast. I also have plans on completing my Modernized KITT in a Trans-Am diecast as well. The diecast ones are only exterior mods. I haven't come up with anything for interior modifications for them.

A while ago, I also did a "Model Car Conversion" tutorial on how to take a 1/24 or 1/25 scale car model and modify it to turn it into a car set in the "Knight Rider" which I am considering on updating. The only helpful thing I came up with in the tutorial is how to create a scanner unit from a soda bottle cap.

Anyways, again, welcome to the site and we hope to continue hearing from you. :D

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:29 pm

Welcome to the board! :) Like I had said, if I had the money, I'd have bid on it. I think it's a reasonable price you're asking for all that you have put into it. My question is, why sell it? Man, I'd keep it if I were you! :)

I am getting back into model kit building as well. I've got a couple AMT KITTs one of which I'm making into KARR (black/silver version). I may have an original issue KIFT on the way as well, soon.

Modeling is something I'm quite interested in. I hope to add my techniques and photos of how I build them to my site (link below). Maybe we can exchange modelling tips here too. :)

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:25 pm

I admit, I'm a bit jaded, so when I see a post called "The Ultimate blah blah blah" I don't expect much. But you got me on this one. It's a beautiful model and very unique. I hope that whoever winds up owning it will bring it out to disply at future sci-fi or Knight Rider conventions.

(oh, and great TKR models CB! I don't think I've ever seen those before.)
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight modelman
Volunteer

Post by Knight modelman » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:39 pm

Hi again to you all. There have been several postings as to why I would sell this semi model that I spent so long to make? Well, the answers simple. Judging by the response that you have all given on this forum (as well as other emails I have received), it would appear that the semi has created a lot of 'excitement' amoung the members of the 'Knight Rider' world.
I once owned an '84 firebird (just a baby v6) and I spent a lot of time converting it into a KITT replica. I took it to one or two local shows but found myself like a fish out of water (people with their posh cars asking me silly questions like 'how many horses does it have???').
What I did enjoy, however, was seeing the smile on peoples faces (especially the children) as they walked past. being greeted with 'I'm the voice of the Knight Industries Two Thousand' and the strobing scanner light.
To me, Knight Rider gave nothing but pleasure (and still continues to do so).
Sadly, I no longer have the car (due to a tragic amount of work needed to keep it on the road). If I can't give the same pleasure to others in the way that I used to, I'll do the next best thing - to use my limited modelling skills (and a bit of my fertile imagination) to give pleasure to others by recreating minatures of their favourite Trans Am. Who knows, one day I may just keep one of the models for myself.

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:06 pm

I appreciate what you did and maybe someday i will be able to own a piece of your work. Unfortunatly I tried my had out at building models and it didn't turn out all that well. :cry:

CB2001
FLAG Assistant

Post by CB2001 » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:23 pm

Michael Pajaro wrote:(oh, and great TKR models CB! I don't think I've ever seen those before.)
Thanks Michael. I guess the link got lost within my "Model Car Conversion" post a while back.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:51 pm

Here are the images I received. Truely fantastic stuff!

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:13 am

Fantastic pics!!! I like what I see! I have never seen a pilot episode KITT model before, the one with the funny bumper/scanner. And your rendition of KITT in customized form is utterly divine! Man if I had the cash, I would attempt to buy all of them from you Knight modelman. :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:36 am

Knight modelman - you are a generous person! And a talented modeler. I equate you to an artist creating a one-of-a-kind work. :) Whoever owns a piece of your work will be very lucky.

Me, I'm more selfish. I keep the models I make. :)

kittfan69
Recruit

Post by kittfan69 » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:03 pm

Unlike a lot of people here, I unfortunately don't own any models of Kitt as of yet, but I am always on the prowl. However, I run into major problem when I do find one I like and want. Is there any way I can purchase one from ebay if I don't have a credit card? I feel completely cut off from owning one because of this block! Please, someone tell me what else it would take. :( :idea: :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:11 pm

Kittfan - yes. Most ebayers take PayPal and you can have a free personal PayPal account set up that will directly take out money from your bank account when you make a purchase. Both PayPal and eBay have also dispute resolution too (I'm afriad I'm about to find out how good it is over something I got for my car that never shipped. :( )