Will KITT have new features in upcoming Knight Rider Film

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Will KITT have new features in upcoming Knight Rider Film

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:09 pm

Throughout the entire Knight Rider series, we continue to see KITT evolve into a better vehicle, from his turbo boost to his super pursuit mode. I hope we will get to see some new features in this upcoming film that we never saw in the original series. Anyone with suggestions on what new features KITT should be equipped with.

I think KITT should be equipped with a cloaking device, where he can infiltrate on the bad guys.
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:52 am

I think this is silly, but I think KITT's bonded shell needs to have an anti-theft system attached to it, so that no more crooks will steal the formula that surrounds KITT. Did that make sense?
Yeah, a cloaking device sure sounds good to me, too.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:04 pm

James Bond's last car (The Living Daylights?) had a cloaknig system in it. I thought it was a little too much over-the-top.

I'm willing to accept whatever ridiculous or far-fetched ideas they throw out for a concept of a TV show or movie. But once they set up those parameters, I don't liek them pushing them out even more. I'm OK with a talking, thinking car. But I wouldn't want to see KITT flying or turning invisible.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

walter h. anderson
FLAG Recruit

Post by walter h. anderson » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:22 pm

I'm not partial to any cloaking technology for KITT. I think it is a good idea to offer a more durable Molecular Bonded Shell, however.
If you don't make a difference, you are not the Knight Rider.

HondaSiR
FLAG Assistant

Post by HondaSiR » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:51 pm

I wouldn't recommend a cloaking capability...it reminds me too much of Star Trek which is an altogether different franchise. They might follow it up with a warp speed enhancer which will really be annoying. Then a time warp button instead of a turbo-boost one. Too much.

Flying? On a limited basis perhaps since KITT was in the air often anyway through leaps and bounds in the series. Perhaps the newly formed Foundation would have perfected the anti-gravity device prototype and installed it in the new car. KITT would probably have outgrown his fear of flying by now anyway (if he ever had a phobia).

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 1:01 pm

in conjunction with the possibility of flight, maybe K.I.T.T could have some type of gliding device that would allow him to turbo boost over very long distances, kind of like how sky divers have those winged suits.
Last edited by LadyV2000 on Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flyer Guy: "You really a talking car?"
KITT: "No. I'm a tight end for the Chicago Bears!"

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:02 pm

If K.I.T.T. were to have a cloaking device similar to a Klingon war ship, I think there would either have to be a drawback to the feature such as draining too much power, only being able to be used a limited amount of times, or something to that effect. If there were no flaws in the new car, then KITT wouldn't really need to ever "decloak" and his missions would be far too easy. Not a good idea at all.

Perhaps maybe something similar to Viper's Defender, which had a holographic projection device that was able to duplicate the car's image. Anyway, the cloaking is not a good idea at all in my opinion. And flying... well, that's probably even worse! To make the movie more believable and down-to-Earth, KITT's abilities should be limited in some ways. Otherwise this film might not be taken too seriously. Maybe even give KITT a glitch like he had in Knight Rider 2000. Flawed heroes make for much greater stories.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:48 pm

You're overreacting a little bit to the cloaking suggestion...Seeing as, in real life, we're closer to something like that (there was a plane that could do that-it had projectors on its wings and projected the surrounding sky onto the plane) than a thinking car, you know. And I'm not exactly sure why if KITT can cloak it all of a sudden means he'll be able to fly...that sorta thing isn't really a domino effect...

I liked the cloak in Die Another Day (most recent Bond film), besides, it broke pretty easily. And, by the way, the car couldnt' fly, or "warp" as someone implied.

And even if KITT did get a cloak, it probably would be used very seldomly, having it when you're on the roads would be really stupid, other cars would just hit you. It would only be useful for infiltration.
LadyV2000 wrote:in conjunction with the possibility of flight, maybe K.I.T.T could have some type of gliding device that would allow him to turbo boost over very long distances, kind of like how sky divers have those winged suits.
I think Speed Racer did that in an episode, lol, but they weren't very...realistic...in that they were these tiny little think that popped out the sides.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Paul
Rookie

Post by Paul » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:43 pm

I like the idea of a "gliding" system...after all, if the original KITT had a parachute ability, why couldn't a new improved KITT have a gliding ability? Turbo boost into the air as normal, and before the car begins it's descent, extend the "wings" (or whatever) to allow it to glide down and forward more slowly so KITT can cover more ground with a turbo boost.

I tend to agree about the cloaking idea being a little too "Star Trek," but what about holographic projectors? KITT could either generate an image of himself at point A to distract guards etc while the real KITT travelled to point B to fulfil his and Michael's (or whoever's) objective.

As an aside to that, how about a combination cloak/holoprojector whereby KITT could disguise himself as another vehicle using a holographic "skin" projected onto his real body...so when the guards say "We're looking for a black Trans Am," they ignore the red station wagon driving past.

I do agree that a feature like that could be susceptible to glitches or serious energy consumption.

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:59 pm

I think Speed Racer did that in an episode, lol, but they weren't very...realistic...in that they were these tiny little think that popped out the sides.
Oh geeze I haven't seen Speed Racer in years, but now that I think about it, something like that sounds pretty lame. i would love to see an updated SPM though.

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:04 pm

A cloaking device would provide some good story ideas. Like KITT gets hit with something but thinks it's minimal damage, and goes into enemy territory. But the damage gets worse and spreads to his cloaking system and he uncloaks at the wrong time. So it provides a challenge for KITT to get out of the situation and a good edge-of-seat part of the story. :)

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:27 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:A cloaking device would provide some good story ideas. Like KITT gets hit with something but thinks it's minimal damage, and goes into enemy territory. But the damage gets worse and spreads to his cloaking system and he uncloaks at the wrong time. So it provides a challenge for KITT to get out of the situation and a good edge-of-seat part of the story. :)
I could actually see the cloaking device making some funny moments. Think about, Michael is park somewhere staking out a place and gets out of K.I.T.T but to the naked eye looks like he's popping out of thin air. I could just imagine what a poor unexpecting person who just happen to be walking down the street would do if they saw that.

Knight 52
Volunteer

Post by Knight 52 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:36 pm

I like the idea of a cloaking device for K.I.T.T.

I liked the concept in Die Another Day.

Also the spikes on the tires is a good idea too so K.I.T.T. and stay staionary or they makes good snow tires.

Knight 52 :)

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:41 pm

LadyV2000 wrote:I could actually see the cloaking device making some funny moments. Think about, Michael is park somewhere staking out a place and gets out of K.I.T.T but to the naked eye looks like he's popping out of thin air. I could just imagine what a poor unexpecting person who just happen to be walking down the street would do if they saw that.
LOL! Yeah. I mean these days talking cars aren't all that uncommon - well, I mean now people are so used to KITT and all that. So having something uncommon would keep the humor going. I can just hear KITT warning Michael about getting out of the car when there's people around as Michael takes off after a suspect on foot. LOL!

Deferranfan1
Operative

Post by Deferranfan1 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:01 pm

I want to see that the movie is confirmed first.
K.A.R.R. STILL LIVES
:kittspin:

LadyV2000
FLAG Assistant

Post by LadyV2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:26 pm

FuzzieDice wrote:
LadyV2000 wrote:I could actually see the cloaking device making some funny moments. Think about, Michael is park somewhere staking out a place and gets out of K.I.T.T but to the naked eye looks like he's popping out of thin air. I could just imagine what a poor unexpecting person who just happen to be walking down the street would do if they saw that.
LOL! Yeah. I mean these days talking cars aren't all that uncommon - well, I mean now people are so used to KITT and all that. So having something uncommon would keep the humor going. I can just hear KITT warning Michael about getting out of the car when there's people around as Michael takes off after a suspect on foot. LOL!
That would be great. I could also see Michael get out of the car with the door open standing behind it talking to K.I.T.T and some poor old guy walking his dog would see half of a guy floating in thin air. i think that would be hysterical!

KNIGHT RAIDER
Operative

Post by KNIGHT RAIDER » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:24 am

A similiar scene in Star Trek IV The Voyage Home, where we see Sulu lowering a sheet of Plexiglass into the cloaked Klingon vessel as we see the top half of Scotty guiding in the piece. :D
I don't need no "Wizard Of Oz Car" putting me behind the 8 ball, for nothing. LOL (The Rev)

All they did was blow away a "Ringmaster", they didn't even steal any hamburgers. LOL (Michael)

tharpdevenport
Operative

Post by tharpdevenport » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:37 am

Villain: "I'm not crazy, the car talked!"
Michael: "Look, pal, it
s opkay, you're crazy."
Villain: "Doc, I swear it!"
Doc: "Sure, I believe you, now where's the car again?"
Villain: "RIGHT HERE!!!"
Doc: "There's nothing there."
Villain: "IT'S INVISABLE!!! IT TOLD ME SO!!!"
Michael: "Make sure his cell is padded, will ya Doc?"
And when things appeared to get better, they got worse, and everyday was a day to cry.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:48 am

Rather than a cloaking device, flying, holographic projectors, etc., I think the answer is to come up with ideas that nobody has ever seen before. Not recycled concepts from other star cars. We remember K.I.T.T. for this and it turned out that a lot of his features ended up becoming standard in modern cars nowadays. It would be great if they could revolutionize a brand new idea and have a new generation make references to any new real-life features and say, "Ohh, it's like the Knight Rider car."
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:54 am

This is a case of wishful thinking, not reality, but how about letting KITT have some features in helping the U.S. be an ethical country instead of an egotistical country that will stop at nothing to control the world?
This is just theoretical, OK?