I don't want a Knight Rider movie D:

Archive for discussions from 2005. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

shadowsmeowmix
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

I don't want a Knight Rider movie D:

Post by shadowsmeowmix » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:12 pm

It's a scary thought to me. Some how, just some how they would ruin it. Casting newer actors/actresses for these classic characters that I love, and I can only see them as their original, well actors who played them. I mean, casting some one like Ben Affleck as Michael Knight, or even similar?? NO! >< Besides, from what I have heard, Edward Mulhare is dead, so it wouldn't be the same without Devon, none the less the original Devon. I know they killed of Devon in Knight Rider 2000, but if they don't follow that story it just wouldn't be right either way. :\ I have heard things that Hasselhoff is planning for the movie. Michael Knight is going to taking on the role as devon on his son is going to be the new Michael Knight. I don't know if he has said anything newer or changed his mind on this, but NO! I can't see Hasselhoff being the Devon Miles and stuff :\ And what about Bonnie?? Have we completely forgotten about her?? Or did something happen to her that I don't know about? Im just not looking forward to this movie, if they do make it. Ofcourse, I hate change, but Knight Rider is perfect the way it was, and if they want to bring it back just start showing the old episodes over again darnit! >xO But what about KITT? They better not put him into the body of an ugly red car again! He is perfect as a sleek black 1982 Trans Am. I mean, thats what we think, when someone says KITT, right?? I hate that they might update the look of the coolest car just to appeal to a new generation and be with the times. I just don't want some yahoo to mess with my favorite show, and make it worse. I mean, Im worried because of Knight Rider 2000. If they ever do make a new series or a new movie it's probably just going to be ruined. :cry:

Sorry I just had to kinda rant there... ^__^;

R.J.1984
Operative

Post by R.J.1984 » Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:42 pm

I know what you mean - but I for one would like to see as much as possible of the original cast in the new movie as possible. Just so long as they don't make a Team Knight Rider movie then I think that everything should be just fine. Besides - team Knight Rider was cancelled after just one season. They should have let it be two just so that people could decide if they would like it or not. So as far as The Knight Rider Movie - I say go for it and we'll see how things are when the dust settles.

Lyn
FLAG Operative

Post by Lyn » Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:34 pm

I'm not sure whether I want to see a "Knight Rider" movie coming out, since the movie potentially won't turn out to be as fun as the series was to me.
I'm pretty skeptical of the whole thing.....

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:13 am

I am a big fan of the 1980's and I do not want to see the movie either. It will never compare to the original TV Show. Sure, a lot of hi-tech will be involved but it was fine just the way it was back when it first aired.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:44 am

Well, as long as people have the pre-judging mentality that the new movie will never compare to the series, then to those people it never will. The truth is, we really don't know enough about this movie so far to make any judgements on it yet. While many of you will probably turn out to be right (hey, let's face it, 8 times out of 10 franchises become ruined), I'm still keeping an open mind.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Dundeeknight
Volunteer

Post by Dundeeknight » Wed Feb 23, 2005 7:16 pm

This whole movie thing is begining to drag on like a new Guns N Roses album! Will we ever see it?

chrisebourg
Operative

Post by chrisebourg » Wed Feb 23, 2005 11:05 pm

Dundeeknight wrote:This whole movie thing is begining to drag on like a new Guns N Roses album! Will we ever see it?
:D As the saying goes, probably in this lifetime.

oppenca2
Operative

Post by oppenca2 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:55 pm

If it ever does come about Id like to see David Hasselhoff as Michael again. Maybe he could be married to Bonnie Barstow.

shadowsmeowmix
Volunteer

Post by shadowsmeowmix » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:42 pm

oppenca2 wrote:If it ever does come about Id like to see David Hasselhoff as Michael again. Maybe he could be married to Bonnie Barstow.
:shock: That would be so cute! xD They would be good together :D

1982K.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by 1982K.I.T.T. » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:46 am

If it's anything like the Knight Rider 2000 movie, I don't want to see it.